charon

Mad Mike Hoare

Will be 99 in March, and defo a deathlisty name imo.

Mad Irish bastard has had some life (assuming alive).

One of his boys died six months ago https://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-peter-duffy-mercenary-soldier-hijacker-ex-convict-chef-photographer-and-raconteur-1-4542468

And I came across this interview from when The Wild Geese was released (he advised on the film)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1978/11/13/mad-mike-the-mercenary/473b33ac-3eb3-493d-816c-6560fa239914/?utm_term=.2392ecdcaeb0

Nowt to say in ill health, but age alone could see him in the main List next year.

Outlived all his contemporaries by decades, worth a thread.

• Like 1

Good spot

He's also a best-selling author

3098912_150818134126_mad_mike.jpg

There isn't a single thing (apart from age) 'deathlisty' about him.  Look at the type of person they include.  Virtually none need further explanation.
What current names on the DL would you consider contemporaneous with this guy's accolades, name recognition, likelihood of being searched by outsiders.

The Committee thinks big.  This guy is small potatoes.  And WAY out of the public eye, as you explain.  Nothing--not one thing--would bring him into the attention of the Committee imho.

SC

• Like 1

Last of the mercs, association with The Wild Geese, any whisper of ill health would see an upsurge of News articles.

Your roughly the same age as me SC, this side of the pond he would register. And, your side too.

The author of The Wild Geese had a high profile sister, started Refuge, so if she pegs it'd be another reason he'd be in the news.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Pizzey

Good call, imo - though one of those who would have been Deathlist a decade ago...

Is he def still alive though? Thought he might have gone off the radar. Admittedly I didn't look for much evidence.

Definitely alive and well in August 2016. That's not much time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And Hardy Kruger from the film is 90 shortly too.

He'll get coverage if Kruger or Pizzey dies, irrespective of his own health.

• Like 1

This isn't a real person and is just a Charlie Higson character from The Fast Show.

• Haha 3

hqdefault.jpg

"You know Ted, I love to be around hard men."

"I wouldn't know about that Sir."

• Haha 2

On 2018-01-28 at 09:21, msc said:

Good call, imo - though one of those who would have been Deathlist a decade ago...

Is he def still alive though? Thought he might have gone off the radar. Admittedly I didn't look for much evidence.

Mike,his wife and two daughters have been dead since about 1990.All news of his death which was a Reuters dispatch have vanished.

That story is total bull and has been doing the rounds for years. Last I read he was alive and living in the south of France. I don’t even think he has daughters? He has a son though. Keeps a very low profile but recorded corresponding audio for his books around 2013/2014.

Four children.Living in France?He has a pilot son that lives in SA.Last claim was that his son was looking after him and that he was suffering from dementia.No pics since about 1990.Donald Rickard ,American ambassador to SA retired in the late 80’s,his going away party was hosted at Mike’splace.Rickard bragged that he tipped off authorities as to the whereabouts of Mandela just before he was arrested.He died recently check his wiki page.

Mike and his wife and daughters had moved to a remote farmstead in Rhodesia.The security system was bypassed,his daughters were first raped and murdered,then his wife.No details were given on his death.Definitely revenge.

10 minutes ago, Statemachine said:

Mike and his wife and daughters had moved to a remote farmstead in Rhodesia.The security system was bypassed,his daughters were first raped and murdered,then his wife.No details were given on his death.Definitely revenge.

Oh, come on. He was living in South Africa as of August 2016, where he was met by his biographer. All things you are writing are complete bullshit.

4 hours ago, drol said:

Oh, come on. He was living in South Africa as of August 2016, where he was met by his biographer. All things you are writing are complete bullshit.

Name the biographer and provide the pics please.I understand that some people will simply not admit that the black man had his revenge this time.

8 minutes ago, Statemachine said:

Name the biographer and provide the pics please.I understand that some people will simply not admit that the black man had his revenge this time.

Christopher Othen. Ask him for the pics.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Statemachine said:

Better question do you have any proof or source of this information.

• Like 1

Plus he published "Congo Warriors" in 1991 and "Mike Hoare's adventures in Africa" in 2010. Who's the liar, Sir?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Statemachine said:

Is that you, Robert?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Is that you, Robert?

No this is not Robert.I have been on this topic now and then on various forums for 15 years now.Not a single person has been able to provide any proof whatsoever of his being alive,including his pilot son in SA whom I contacted a few years back.Hoare has nephews on genealogical forums that do not know what happened to him,they are still searching.Mandela was released in early 1990.Somebody did him a favour and the fact that Mike’s security system was bypassed does not indicate your typical rural Looter.This was a Reuters dispatch in my Calgary paper.89 or 90 I believe.It read that the small country was in mourning.....

2 hours ago, drol said:

Plus he published "Congo Warriors" in 1991 and "Mike Hoare's adventures in Africa" in 2010. Who's the liar, Sir?

His publisher published.His son in SA was likely the executor.Apparently the publisher is quite sly about his whereabouts.Mandela is dead,and now Winnie.Mugabe is out of power.Time for his son to set the record straight.Mandela was no angel,despite what the globalists would like you to believe.

1 hour ago, Statemachine said:

No this is not Robert.I have been on this topic now and then on various forums for 15 years now.Not a single person has been able to provide any proof whatsoever of his being alive,including his pilot son in SA whom I contacted a few years back.Hoare has nephews on genealogical forums that do not know what happened to him,they are still searching.Mandela was released in early 1990.Somebody did him a favour and the fact that Mike’s security system was bypassed does not indicate your typical rural Looter.This was a Reuters dispatch in my Calgary paper.89 or 90 I believe.It read that the small country was in mourning.....

:whoosh:

No, Sir, this isn't enough. Every well informed war/mercenary expert/maniac on the net adfirms he is still alive and well. A man called Victor Rosez, who served under Mike's orders, says he is in good shape having seen him recently. There's dispute if he lives in SA or France, but the legend of him being killed by Mandela's henchmen (and don't misundestand me, white genocide is a reality) was dismissed some time ago. Really he is maybe the most famous mercenary in 20th century; how the hell would he go off the radar?

Bring me a proof which is not some forum chat and I'll believe you.

You are confusing him with Lt. Colonel Dudley Coventry, who was in fact killed in a white genocide robbery in Rhodesia in 1989.  Mad Mike also wrote a review for this book in 2012, implying he was very much alive 6 years ago.

On 2018-04-04 at 12:31, drol said:

Christopher Othen. Ask him for the pics.

I contacted Christopher Othen.Only period pics in the book.No pics since about1990.Last report from his son was that Mike had dementia.

• Like 1