charon

Mad Mike Hoare

7 hours ago, drol said:

No, Sir, this isn't enough. Every well informed war/mercenary expert/maniac on the net adfirms he is still alive and well. A man called Victor Rosez, who served under Mike's orders, says he is in good shape having seen him recently. There's dispute if he lives in SA or France, but the legend of him being killed by Mandela's henchmen (and don't misundestand me, white genocide is a reality) was dismissed some time ago. Really he is maybe the most famous mercenary in 20th century; how the hell would he go off the radar?

Bring me a proof which is not some forum chat and I'll believe you.

Well informed?Even his nephews cannot get any info.The old boys are sticking together here.This is really about censorship.As I mentioned previously,this was a Reuters dispatch.No one has seen Mike.....

38 minutes ago, Statemachine said:

Well informed?Even his nephews cannot get any info.The old boys are sticking together here.This is really about censorship.As I mentioned previously,this was a Reuters dispatch.No one has seen Mike.....

When did you become a fucking expert on a person who has a thread?

Photo of Mad Mike Hoare taken for his 99th birthday. This sets it up.

• Like 2

This certainly looks like him.The dispatch must have been fake news to get him under the radar.

13 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

When did you become a fucking expert on a person who has a thread?

Many,many people with military backgrounds have tried to get in touch with Mike.Possibly Facebook now provides some safety.

Was privileged and honored to meet Mike Hoare tonight at the launch of his biography: Mad Mike Hoare, the Legend written by his son Chris Hoare. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, African Warrior said:

Was privileged and honored to meet Mike Hoare tonight at the launch of his biography: Mad Mike Hoare, the Legend written by his son Chris Hoare. 

How he was? Will cut off your balls if it is not true.

2 minutes ago, drol said:

A frail 99 year old gentleman with a shy smile..... and you will have a hell of a time finding those balls. 

• Haha 2

Paging @charon, paging charon; would charon please come to the Mad Mike Hoare thread immediately. 

• Haha 1

The posts we don't deserve, but need.

1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Paging @charon, paging charon; would charon please come to the Mad Mike Hoare thread immediately. 

Lol nice try Cat, but I turned off the dog whistle @ feature as soon as the upgrade happened.

Good, the auld bastard is going to see 100.

With luck.

• Like 1

I was reading about Mad Mike's disastrous attempt at overthrowing the government of the Seychelles.  Apparently one of his cohort, with a suitcase full of guns, accidently walked through the 'something to declare' aisle at the airport.  His stash of weaponry was promptly found, leading to a subsequent firefight started by other members of Hoare's team. Then they all hijacked a plane and flew back home again :unsure:

Beats office work, I suppose. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, African Warrior said:

A frail 99 year old gentleman with a shy smile..... and you will have a hell of a time finding those balls

So small they are?

Haha, they're non exiting, but compared to yours they're humongous! 

7 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I was reading about Mad Mike's disastrous attempt at overthrowing the government of the Seychelles.  Apparently one of his cohort, with a suitcase full of guns, accidently walked through the 'something to declare' aisle at the airport.  His stash of weaponry was promptly found, leading to a subsequent firefight started by other members of Hoare's team. Then they all hijacked a plane and flew back home again :unsure:

Beats office work, I suppose. 

They were sold out by the treacherous South African government. 

4 hours ago, African Warrior said:

They were sold out by the treacherous South African government. 

Welcome to the forum.  We've also got a thread about Nick Du Toit, Simon Mann and Mark Thatcher which might interest you, although it hasn't seen much action recently. :)

13 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Welcome to the forum.  We've also got a thread about Nick Du Toit, Simon Mann and Mark Thatcher which might interest you, although it hasn't seen much action recently. :)

Thank you, I do believe Simon Mann is an..... hole. But the rest I will follow :-) I'm a great fan of Eeben Barlow. 

1 hour ago, African Warrior said:

Thank you, I do believe Simon Mann is an..... hole. But the rest I will follow :-) I'm a great fan of Eeben Barlow. 

What about Rolf Steiner?

5 minutes ago, drol said:

What about Rolf Steiner?

He might be interesting - You do know that South Africa were also involved in Biafra? The few paratroopers who were send in, formed the core of the Special Forces which were later founded.

30 minutes ago, drol said:

What about Rolf Steiner?

Not a bad shout Drol, he'll be mid 80's now, dad flew for the Red Baron iirc.

On 13/07/2018 at 21:46, drol said:

• Like 4

Shit coat, no offense....

France-Albert René, President of the Seychelles who was about to be deposed by Mad Mike, has died aged 83. Looked frail for many years, was worth a punt.

Actually Mad Mike saw the deaths of two of his historical enemies these past days, and they were probably the last. Gizenga was the commander-in-chief of Congo-Stanleyville after Lumumba's assassination and Hoare was hired by Moise Tchombe to kill those "communist vermin".  René was the target of the failed 1981 coup, which was backed by the late James Mancham. Mike is definitely outliving the odds.

• Thanks 3