Jump to content
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool II

Recommended Posts

SCAVENGER HUNT BINGO DEADPOOL RULES

Each player picks five selections in each of five categories (for categories see below).

 

There are three ways to win

 

1.       You get at least one hit in each of the five categories

2.       You get all five hits in one category

3.       You get three unique hits across the whole game.

 

There is no fixed duration you play until there is a winner.

In the event of a tie number of uniques will be the next determiner followed by total number of hits across all categories.

Obits will not be stringent (more akin to Deathrace requirements). However the Game Controller will be checking that picks meet the category criteria at the start of the game.

 

A unique pick is considered unique in category. For example if two categories were Conservative MPs and Contestants on Strictly Come Dancing/Dancing with the Stars and three players picked Edwina Curry in the first category and the fourth player picked her in the second category. If she eggspired then Player 4 would get a unique bonus.

 

When a winner is declared the selection of the next categories passes to the victor and they get to select the new categories. The winner may opt to pass or play on the organisation of the game. If they pass I will run the game based on their selections or they can take the whole thing.

The Categories for the second game are:

 

1.  Presidents and Prime Ministers of the current 28 European Union countries (past and present).

2.  Boxers who have held any of the world title belts of any 4 organisational bodies WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO.

3.  Any actors who appeared in the TV series Dallas.  Including cast members, co-stars, guest stars, special guest stars "and staring" actors (357 episodes over 14 years.). As per the wiki page "List of Dallas (1978 TV Series) cast members.

4.  Grammy award winners

5.  Anyone who has been in a film with Kevin Bacon.

 

Teams must be PM’d to avoid revealing those unique picks.

Starting Date is 01 March 2018.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Question 1 include Chancellors, Taoiseachs and so on (ie all state leaders of all 28 countries), or just countries with a specific PM or President?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elected Heads of state but not royalty unless they were deposed and subsequently elected (yes there is)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Elected Heads of state but not royalty unless they were deposed and subsequently elected (yes there is)

 

So in other words there's a single royal that would qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

 

So in other words there's a single royal that would qualify.

There is at least one that I am aware of.....

 

.....speaking of which I have sent a copy of my team to @Cat O'Falk for safe keeping in the event of anyone crying foul play if I storm to victory.

 

(It would be worth looking at my record in other deadpools to see that this is not likely)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, I love this game. So glad its returning - requires minimal attention once set up, the possibilities are endless for teams and there's some cracking research can go into it! Looking forward to selecting my contenders and hoping this one goes on as long as the first one - has a US political pick died yet by the way..? (Seriously, I'm asking)

 

In the interests of utter banality and pointless inanity, may I nitpick over the 28 heads of state - for countries such as Croatia and Slovakia that did not exist before the 1990s as independent states are we only able to select leaders elected to lead these countries once they became independent states? (i.e. hypothetically, if there was a Prime Minister of Slovenia when it was part of Yugoslavia, could I pick him or not? Equally, if a former leader of Czechoslovakia was still alive, would he be a suitable pick, or not, since the Czech Republic and Slovakia are independent countries in their own right now...I'm just going to stop and wait for someone to answer. :D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RoverAndOut said:

Ha, I love this game. So glad its returning - requires minimal attention once set up, the possibilities are endless for teams and there's some cracking research can go into it! Looking forward to selecting my contenders and hoping this one goes on as long as the first one - has a US political pick died yet by the way..? (Seriously, I'm asking)

 

Yeah, John B Anderson (Independent, 1980) died a few weeks after the first round concluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thought. Man, Kevin Bacon has been in a LOT of shit films.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

 

Yeah, John B Anderson (Independent, 1980) died a few weeks after the first round concluded.

 

So we were weeks away from a three way tie for the first win (including myself!) Darn you Keith Barron....! :facepalm:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done my EU leaders...

 

This is going to take longer than I thought!

 

I'll get my team together over February...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Ha, I love this game. So glad its returning - requires minimal attention once set up, the possibilities are endless for teams and there's some cracking research can go into it! Looking forward to selecting my contenders and hoping this one goes on as long as the first one - has a US political pick died yet by the way..? (Seriously, I'm asking)

 

In the interests of utter banality and pointless inanity, may I nitpick over the 28 heads of state - for countries such as Croatia and Slovakia that did not exist before the 1990s as independent states are we only able to select leaders elected to lead these countries once they became independent states? (i.e. hypothetically, if there was a Prime Minister of Slovenia when it was part of Yugoslavia, could I pick him or not? Equally, if a former leader of Czechoslovakia was still alive, would he be a suitable pick, or not, since the Czech Republic and Slovakia are independent countries in their own right now...I'm just going to stop and wait for someone to answer. :D)

If they were democratically elected then I will allow them. It is heads of states of current member countries not heads of states who were members of the EU. If the game lasts long enough a pick of Gordon Brown might move the other way.

 

The earlier people get their picks in the sooner the quibbling can begin.

 

There were only a small number of rejected picks last time mostly surrounding members of the House of Lords. Though who knew Roberta Flack never had a UK No.1 single.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up on Kevin Bacon after 20 options. Too many shit films to go through.

 

The EU any President or PMs one (PS it is ALL Presidents and PMs, right? Even if the country has a President AND a PM?) is a long list of options and lord knows how many folk have Grammys!

 

Btw, Biblio, 2 quick questions on the boxing one. Is it ANY of the world titles, or is it just the Heavyweight one? According to Wiki, they've got WBA World Middleweight Champions and so on for every weight class? Also, are the pre-split champions counted, or are we talking (again looking at Wiki) Ali and onwards, time wise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, msc said:

I gave up on Kevin Bacon after 20 options. Too many shit films to go through.

 

The EU any President or PMs one (PS it is ALL Presidents and PMs, right? Even if the country has a President AND a PM?) is a long list of options and lord knows how many folk have Grammys!

 

Btw, Biblio, 2 quick questions on the boxing one. Is it ANY of the world titles, or is it just the Heavyweight one? According to Wiki, they've got WBA World Middleweight Champions and so on for every weight class? Also, are the pre-split champions counted, or are we talking (again looking at Wiki) Ali and onwards, time wise?

Remember these are Rotton Ali's picks so I am going with any weight that each of these titles has a belt for. Pre split counts.

 

I am not an expert.

 

If there is a president and a Prime Minister then I will allow either. The titles are not significant either for example German Chancellors count as do the Presidents.

 

The biggest category in Round 1 was Actors who had been in Doctor Who and you all still missed some sitters.

 

I suspect this is going to be an education.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

Remember these are Rotton Ali's picks so I am going with any weight that each of these titles has a belt for. Pre split counts.

 

I am not an expert.

 

If there is a president and a Prime Minister then I will allow either. The titles are not significant either for example German Chancellors count as do the Presidents.

 

The biggest category in Round 1 was Actors who had been in Doctor Who and you all still missed some sitters.

 

I suspect this is going to be an education.

 

Yeah, sorry, if I'd taken the Dr Who round seriously (I had the daft idea of randomising it at the time) the Scavenger Hunt would have been over by Christmas. The first Christmas. :lol:

 

Thanks for the answers. I suspected the EU one, but thought I'd double check...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I suspect this is going to be an education.

Part of the beauty of the game. Learned alot last time, will learn even more this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the candidates in Category #1 have to have presided or ministered during their country's membership in the European Union? Are leaders of "extinct" states like Yugoslavia that were later divided into at least one EU member nation ineligible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Torva Messor said:

Do the candidates in Category #1 have to have presided or ministered during their country's membership in the European Union? Are leaders of "extinct" states like Yugoslavia that were later divided into at least one EU member nation ineligible?

No. See my answer to Rover above.

 

We have our first entry folks.

 

@FixedBusiness sacrificed his sleep to fill his pool.

 

No prizes only kudos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is me, realising how many Grammy Awards there are!

 

Mother-of_God.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, msc said:

This is me, realising how many Grammy Awards there are!

 

Mother-of_God.gif

 

That was me realising how many Kevin Bacon films there are.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, time said:

That was me realising how many Kevin Bacon films there are.

 

That was more like this:

 

AXd6TfX.gif

 

With Ali playing the role of Wayne Knight here.

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

No. See my answer to Rover above.

 

We have our first entry folks.

 

@FixedBusiness sacrificed his sleep to fill his pool.

 

No prizes only kudos.

Thanks for the kudos! :) Mind I live in Canada so it was only about 10pm where I live when I submitted my pool, so wasn't losing too much! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 4 entries now though not all the picks have been verified.

 

Just had to kick a couple of clearly out of criteria picks out but I will need to do further research to verify the other.

 

Last time we had 15 players

 

I am hoping @Handrejka gives it another go just so they can break their duck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team PM'ed to you BG.

 

Nail biting that some of them survive the month, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use