Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool II

Not sure if Kare Willoch qualifies? From what I can tell Norway was never part of the EU, which surprised me to find out.

• Like 1

A few observations thus far:

• This time, there have been 190 picks over the 5 categories, compared to 192 in the last game.
  • We have ended up with the same number of players (15) with 8 returnees (plus Biblio who ran it and didn't play first time round).
  • At 52 picks, the Grammys category has produced more different picks than anything in the first round (Dr Who had 50 picks).
  • James (J) A Preston appeared in both Dallas and the Kevin Bacon film 'A Few Good Men', with Grim Up North scoring a unique pick in the former and GCReptile a unique pick in the latter.
  • 6 players in this game picked Jose Jose in their March Deathlist Cup teams (predicting him to die in the next 30 days) but only Yorkshire Banker picked him in this one (to die probably in the next year) and he's not even one of the 6 still in the Deathlist Cup!
  • FujimoriNoMorey leads the unique picks with 15/25, with YoungWillz second on 11/25 and Biblio third on 10/25. Rotten Ali won the last game via this method.
  • For the second game in a row, I cannot win via this method, as I only have 2 unique picks (:facepalm:) and this time I am the only person so affected. (:facepalm::facepalm:)

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

DALLAS ACTORS

This was an interesting one as no-one has gone for the major stars Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Victoria Principal....

No, but Ken Kercheval was picked on 7 teams (nearly half) and he was virtually main cast. Most popular choice across all 5 categories was 92 year-old Morgan Woodward in this category.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Not sure if Kare Willoch qualifies? From what I can tell Norway was never part of the EU, which surprised me to find out.

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and (for the time being) the United Kingdom.

Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are members of the European Free Trade Area, which follows EU laws but is not a member state. Sorry. :rolleyes: 

Norway not being in the EU is known to anyone, say, in the UK who has to sit through Brexit talks on the news every bloody night. The Norway Arangement, etc.

Also, by the time I got to Jose Jose, I'd read about so many Grammy winners my  brain melted. That's my excuse...

^ Then in fact I was smart and cunning. Thanks Spade.

He got a Lifetime Achievement Latin Grammy but I double checked and we have precedent that it doesn't count for this game:

On 2/15/2018 at 03:41, Bibliogryphon said:
On 2/14/2018 at 20:33, RoverAndOut said:

Without wishing to give away where my research is up to...do Special Grammy Awards count, like Lifetime Achievement and Grammy Legend or just the general categories? (I'm guessing in most cases the people winning those will have won one of the regular categories anyway, but just in case...)

I am going to say it must be in a regular category.

16 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Jose Jose never won a Grammy. Nominated six times, but always the bridesmaid: https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/jose-jose

Who the hell checked these entries!!:P:D:tomatododge:

• Haha 1

I'm stunned only 4 people have Barbara Barrie.  She is truly the only person in any of these lists you can point at with a medical condition that may knock her down tomorrow (or 2025).
She was the Vervoort of this entire game.  Of course I say that as a person who only looked at about half the Grammy years, as I was drained from the Bacon chronicles.  I shoulda spent a couple more days but I don't think I missed an obvious Grammy pick.
SC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Yes I learned a lot about you fine folks in the EU (or not).  Interesting search.  I think I did too much side reading, you know...all busy learning shit....rather than focusing on the task at hand.
SC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I'm stunned only 4 people have Barbara Barrie.  She is truly the only person in any of these lists you can point at with a medical condition that may knock her down tomorrow (or 2025).
She was the Vervoort of this entire game.  Of course I say that as a person who only looked at about half the Grammy years, as I was drained from the Bacon chronicles.  I shoulda spent a couple more days but I don't think I missed an obvious Grammy pick.
SC

Yes, in all my research Barbara Barrie was the "most" terminally ill. However, I got somewhat tired when it came to the Grammys category. I forgot "my own" Herbert Kretzmer.

Edit: I think Martti Ahtisaari's silence and not-signing some kind of...what was it, a petition?... was also ominous.

Editedit: Yes, I also really, really wanted to pick José José. I think he won Latin Grammies. Those exist as well.

Kare Willoch is a problem. I don't know what came over me although I had already rejected two of Captain's Selections. I did disallow an Icelandic Prime Minister. So Kare will not stand. @CaptainChorizo & @Spade_Cooley if you can send me a replacement by Monday I will update the masterlists. If you do not send me a replacement you will be getting Tony Blair and Gordon Brown respectively.

Jose Jose stands as he won Person of the Year in the Latin Grammys which is awarded every year.

The world and his bloody wife seems to have won a Grammy. 

On another note thank you @FujimoriNoMorey for sending me on a wild goose chase to find the one film that Miriam Margolys stared in with Kevin Bacon. It took me ages.

fG9sMMj.pngI

I will go with this fellow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will do. For @Spade_Cooley in fairness to other players you will not be allowed to take  another players unique.  You can pick one that has been selected by multiple players. Thanks

Latin Grammys lol.   As if.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Gimme this legend, Ugo Mifsud Bonnici.

opinion_03_temp-1481562587-584ed9db-620x

His cousin is also a unique. Will alter the masterlist. Thanks for sorting so quickly.

Hmm, I didn't pick Josë Josĕ because I thought the Latin Grammies don't count.

If you are honestly accepting the Latin Grammys' as 'Grammy winners' you can feel free to tear up my entry. 
Should anyone say 'Miss America' contestants, feel free to toss a Miss Black America contestant in there, cuz of course that was intended.
SC

• Sad 1

People complaining that they had too much choice.  LOL

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

If you are honestly accepting the Latin Grammys' as 'Grammy winners' you can feel free to tear up my entry. 
Should anyone say 'Miss America' contestants, feel free to toss a Miss Black America contestant in there, cuz of course that was intended.
SC

"The Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (now The Latin Recording Academy) was formed by the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (now The Recording Academy) in 1997. It was founded by Michael Greene and Producers & Songwriters Rudy Pérez & Mauricio Abaroa. Rudy Pérez was the Grammy Florida chapter's first President of the Board. The concept of a separate Grammy Awards for Latin music began in 1989.[5] According to organizers, the Latin Grammy Awards was established as the Latin music universe was deemed too large to fit on the Grammy Awards."[6]

This feels like one of those either/or situations. The Latin Grammys are an off-shoot of the original Grammys, awarded by a body that is itself an off-shoot of the original body. In Biblio's defence, if people had questions then people should have asked, as they did in many other categories (including whether lifetime achievement Grammys count). To avoid unnecessary disagreement, as it only affects Yorkshire Banker, would he be amenable to altering his pick, by either choosing an alternative or by utilising his sub if one was provided? It is almost impossible to foresee a situation where this eventuality does not play out, unless there are 3 extremely swift deaths or Mr Jose Jose Jose Jose (copyright msc) makes a remarkable recovery, so best to deal with it quickly.

(Also, for the record, Miss Black America is a completely separate pageant to Miss America and they are in no way affiliated. :D)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Mr Jose Jose Jose Jose (copyright msc)

:lol:

The news he won some Latin Grammys makes me wish the best of health for Jose Jose Jose Jose, as I don't have him on my bloody DDP team.

Anyhow, this game is full of people trying to stretch the definitions of the categories (I know I certainly did, and wont be the only one, so glasshouses etc) and if none of the rest of us thought to ask Biblio if Jose Jose (Jose Jose, Jose, Jose!) was OK along with whatever 142 year old Mexican singer dude with terminal pancreatic ALS alongside... well, that's not Biblio's fault and it's more power to YB for being that sly within the rules.

End of the day, host's say is final. When people argue the rules on the Deathlist Cup, I listen patiently to them, and then decide I was right. Biblio's game, his final say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I will review the whole Jose Jose situation tomorrow.

@YorkshireBanker please let me know if you are willing to substitute for universal Harmony?

Some people taking this far too seriously.

• Like 2