Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool II

Thank you YB. Is everyone happy. Please remember these are not my categories and whilst I can deeply involved in wether hereditary peers did or did not sit in the House of Lords. Grammys and Boxers are well outside my sphere of expertise (Kare Willoch I should have known better)

Grammy winner Gary Burden.... not picked.

• Thanks 1

If only we accepted the Latin Grammys.............

Venezuelan Latin Grammy-winning ensemble C4 Trío reached out this week to followers and fans to ask them to support the health expenses of their bass player, Gustavo Márquez.

Márquez was recently diagnosed with bone marrow cancer and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. 
SC

Hmm, rumour on Twitter that Grammy winner Charles Neville has carked it:

Let's see if there be news from New Orleans....

• Like 1

As there was a serious lack of outpouring of grief, I assumed as much. ^_^

During the first edition of this game, we had to wait less than a fortnight for our first hit (Cricketer Donald Carr), but then didn't get another hit until September, 3 months later (Cricketer Len Maddocks). Also worth noting the only person who'd picked Donald Carr was Rotten Ali, who won the eventual game so first hit could be vital (or, you know, not). Anyway, we're approaching a month in and no sign of any movement.

Conclusions to be drawn from this: there are more, older Test Cricketers than old boxers. And we could be here for a while. 

• Like 1

Hmm, my Scavenger Team 1.0 had two hits since this one started: Ken Dodd, and Hubert Doggard who was a unique.

• Like 1

Following on from gc's post above, I thought I'd have a look and see how we're doing overall on Scavenger Hunt 1.0. Since Rotten Ali won with Keith Barron, there have been a healthy 10 further hits. They are as follows:

Switch 0/1/1/1/2 - John B. Anderson in US Presidential contenders

YoungWillz 0/1/0/1/1 - Ken Dodd in #1 Hits

RadGuy 0/0/0/1/1 - no new hits

TIme 0/0/0/1/0 - no new hits

ImNotHades 1/2/0/1/1 - no new hits

msc 1/3/0/2/3 - Baroness Wendy Nicol in House of Lords, Vic Damone in #1 hits

Deathray 0/1/0/2/1 - no new hits

Handrejka 2/1/0/0/0 - Bella Emberg and Ken Dodd in Dr Who, Randolph Quirk in House of Lords

RockhopperPenguin 1/1/1/2/0 - Peter Wyngarde in Dr Who, John B. Anderson in US Presidential contenders

DeathImpends 1/3/1/2/3 - Baroness Wendy Nicol in House of Lords, John B. Anderson in US Presidential contenders

CaptainChorizo 1/1/0/0/2 - Baron Barber of Tewkesbury in House of Lords, Ken Dodd in #1 hits

gcreptile 1/1/1/1/3 - John B. Anderson in US Presidential contenders, Hubert Doggart in Test cricketers, Ken Dodd in #1 hits

RottenAli 2/3/0/2/1 - Ken Dodd in #1 hits

Rover&Out 2/3/1/4/2 - Ken Dodd in Dr Who, Baron Barber of Tewkesbury in House of Lords, John B. Anderson in US Presidential contenders, Vic Damone in #1 hits

Toast 2/2/1/1/4 - Baron Barber of Tewkesbury in House of Lords, John B. Anderson in US Presidential contenders, David Cassidy in #1 hits

I surprised myself to discover I've had more hits since we finished than anyone else, with 4 in 4 different categories! Toast and gc have both had 3 hits, as has most notably Handrejka who failed to score a single hit during actual gameplay (showing how quickly things can change!)

Nobody has yet completed the all 5 in a category way of winning: I would still need Everton Weekes in Test cricketers and Toast would now need Vera Lynn in #1 hits.

Nobody has yet matched Ali's 3 uniques to win: Rockhopper scored a second unique with Peter Wyngarde and ImNotHades already had 2 and hasn't yet scored since, while Handrejka comes from nowhere to score 2 uniques with Bella Emberg and Randolph Quirk to put her one score away from finishing, proving it really does only take a few scores to potentially win this thing.

The death of John B. Anderson put myself, Toast and Death Impends over the top with a hit in all 5 categories, while Hubert Doggart's death (combined with Anderson's) meant gc has done likewise.

So, this means in the 4 months since the game officially ended (bearing in mind it ran for nearly 18 months), we now have 5 of the 15 players who could have won if the deaths had been in a slightly different order, with someone who didn't score a hit during actual gameplay now one away from joining us. This game is great, I wonder who'll get lucky this time around (or when we'll even get the first hit!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looooool... I forgot about John Anderson, so I crossed the "winning" threshold with Hubert Doggard.

Edit: Misunderstanding the winning conditions.... ignore.

Edit: Does Toast have three unique hits?

According to THIS Wiki page, my unique EU Edward Babiuch died a mere 4 days into  this affair on March 4!
Confirmation?
SC

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

According to THIS Wiki page, my unique EU Edward Babiuch died a mere 4 days into  this affair on March 4!
Confirmation?
SC

Calling BS there. Looks like the work of a spammer...

Could well be.  I randomly checked a couple of my names and lo and behold this popped up.  The format of the edit for date of death is certainly questionable.

The good news is that a 90 year old has a psycho spammer after them, so he should be dead soon if not already.

Edit: Yes, I think we can call  off the dogs.  The actual Polish Wiki version mentions his death not.
SC

Polish Wikipedia doesn't suggest he's dead.

It's OK, someone named Joey Russ edited the American entry.

There goes my excitement for the fucking day :(  

• Haha 1

Google search for Babiuch brings up a box suggesting he did die on 4th March but no supporting evidence. A twiiter search doesn't find a mention since Dec 28th last year for his 90th birthday but it was in Polish.

On 29/3/2018 at 10:28, Bibliogryphon said:

Google search for Babiuch brings up a box suggesting he did die on 4th March but no supporting evidence. A twiiter search doesn't find a mention since Dec 28th last year for his 90th birthday but it was in Polish.

Babiuch's death is COMPLETELY FAKE! It is a fucking Chinese troll who vandalizes oldest living state leaders pages putting fake date of death periodically. On 4 March he was on fire. What a dick.

• Thanks 1

At least it makes the Windy City shortlist easier...

So Charles Neville is the first hit here. Not a unique but @Spade_Cooley and @Death Impends get a hit in Category 4.

Bibliogryphon                                    bg           0/0/0/0/0

Fixed Business                                   fb            0/0/0/0/0

Captain Chorizo                                cc            0/0/0/0/0

Time                                                      ti             0/0/0/0/0

Toast                                                     to            0/0/0/0/0

YoungWillz                                          yw          0/0/0/0/0

msc                                                        mc          0/0/0/0/0

Yorkshire Banker                              yb           0/0/0/0/0

Sir Creep (Do I Need A Joker?)    sc            0/0/0/0/0

GCReptile                                            gr            0/0/0/0/0

Death Impends                                 di            0/0/0/1/0

Spade Cooley                                     sp           0/0/0/1/0

Rover & Out                                       ro            0/0/0/0/0

Grim Up North                                  gn           0/0/0/0/0

FujimoriNoMorey                            fm          0/0/0/0/0

• Like 3

An ugly miss for all of us who didn't have him, which is basically all of us.  I was meticulous as hell for all the other categories, but stabbed at every other year or so with Grammy's, I just wasn't going  to get that involved, woulda took 5-6 hours I assume to complete.  Obviously didn't click on Neville's Grammy year(s).

SC

• Like 1