Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool II

53 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

James P McMullan provides a third hit in Dallas for both @Sir Creep and @Grim Up North so whilst they are not one win away from victory if the games goes on a long time they are strongly placed. 

Bibliogryphon* bg 1/0/1/1/1
Fixed Business fb 0/0/2/0/0
Captain Chorizo cc 0/0/0/1/1
Time* ti 1/0/2/1/1
Toast to 1/0/2/0/0
YoungWillz yw 1/0/0/0/1
msc mc 0/0/2/0/1
Yorkshire Banker** yb 0/1/1/1/0
Sir Creep (Do I Need A Joker?) sc 0/0/3/0/1
GCReptile* gr 0/0/2/0/0
Death Impends** di 0/0/3/2/0
Spade Cooley** sp 0/1/1/2/1
Rover & Out ro 0/0/3/0/1
Grim Up North gn 0/0/3/2/1
FujimoriNoMorey fm 1/0/1/2/0

If....

If....

If....

If....

Been sitting on flipping sidelines for  15 months. 

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

James P McMullan provides a third hit in Dallas for both @Sir Creep and @Grim Up North so whilst they are not one win away from victory if the games goes on a long time they are strongly placed. 

Time* ti 1/0/2/1/1
Toast to 1/0/2/0/0
YoungWillz yw 1/0/0/0/1
msc mc 0/0/2/0/1
GCReptile* gr 0/0/2/0/0
Rover & Out ro 0/0/3/0/1

The most hits but not close to victory - when it comes to scavenging I could learn a lot from Biblio!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deathray said:

If....

If....

If....

If....

Been sitting on flipping sidelines for  15 months. 

Be patient young one. Your time will come

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

The most hits but not close to victory - when it comes to scavenging I could learn a lot from Biblio!

The Liverpool of Scavenger Hunt Bingo

45 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Be patient young one. Your time will come

Yup. Everybody's does, but it'll probably be before this round has finished. :P

• Haha 2

My minions are slacking normally someone would have drawn my attention to the fact that Dave Bartholomew was a hit here for @msc and a unique one at that. It doesn't put him on the verge of winning but he is only two uniques or a boxer and Prime Minister away from victory.

• Like 3

Time* ti 1/0/2/1/1
Toast to 1/0/2/0/0
YoungWillz yw 1/0/0/0/1
msc mc 0/0/2/1/1
GCReptile* gr 0/0/2/0/0
Rover & Out ro 0/0/3/0/1

Ok we all knew Dave Bartholemew welllll before January.  I’m guessing that none of us and I mean NONE OF US seasoned DLers had him cuz 1) we all simultaneously had a brain cramp or 2) we all simultaneously never found a legit category where he would fit.

SC

• Like 1

Yes, none of the seasoned deathlisters had him, NONE. And if someone had him, that person was not a seasoned deadpooler - qed.

43 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Yes, none of the seasoned deathlisters had him, NONE. And if someone had him, that person was not a seasoned deadpooler - qed.

Seasoning for deathlisters can be found here:

I've never been, think I'm still too new for seasoning.

Probably doesn't count as a QO, I'm sure one will follow.

Sid Ramin, Grammy pick for SC, dead at 100 according to his son:

• Thanks 1

I think that puts me squarely in the ‘making some noise’ section.  Counted out early...here comes SirC!

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So @Sir Creep gets his first Grammy Winner and his first uniquevhit. He is two hits away from winning in three different ways.

Time* ti 1/0/2/1/1
Toast to 1/0/2/0/0
YoungWillz yw 1/0/0/0/1
msc mc 0/0/2/1/1
Sir Creep (Do I Need A Joker?)* sc 0/0/3/1/1
GCReptile* gr 0/0/2/0/0
Rover & Out ro 0/0/3/0/1

• Like 1

If that doesn’t win for Spade, that’s two hits for SirC in the same category in a handful of days.

On 24/06/2019 at 10:42, gcreptile said:

I don’t believe we received s goddamn fucking on point response to this.  How is Bartholomew a Grammy winner?   He wasn’t the member of a recording group with a Grammy.  He wasn’t an artist with a Grammy.  He was a musician on an artist’s song, period.  And that’s assuming Fats Domino won a Grammy (I rather doubt this assertion).  Fats won the Grammy, not his background musicians.  He didn’t co-write a Grammy.

Dave Bartholomew received a lifetime achievement Grammy in 2014 age 95.  Is that a category now?  How are we counting that?

Hell, bring back the Latin Grammy winners!

Who runs this and why didn’t we get a legit answer to a legit question?  It should be devised as administrative oversight and a new name given.  The reason 30 experienced DLers didn’t list him is cuz we knew it wasn’t acceptable and not in the spirit of the term ‘Grammy winners’.  Period.

SC

14 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

As far as I can see this is not a game killer but it may make it a close thing. There will be afull update on Tuesday when I have access to my database.

@Sir Creep as for Dave Bartholomew at the moment he would not be part of a winning team so I am going to let this one go. In Cricket is considered bad form to argue with the umpire. No one objected when the lists were published.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Dave Bartholomew received a lifetime achievement Grammy in 2014 age 95.  Is that a category now?  How are we counting that?

Hell, bring back the Latin Grammy winners!

We count it, because before I put my team in, I asked Biblio (paraphrased after a decade or whatever its been...) "Can we count Lifetime Achievement Grammys?" And Biblio said "Sure, I'll allow it!"

On 15/02/2018 at 01:33, RoverAndOut said:

Without wishing to give away where my research is up to...do Special Grammy Awards count, like Lifetime Achievement and Grammy Legend or just the general categories? (I'm guessing in most cases the people winning those will have won one of the regular categories anyway, but just in case...)

On 15/02/2018 at 08:41, Bibliogryphon said:

I am going to say it must be in a regular category.

On 15/02/2018 at 17:39, msc said:

And I thought you'd OK'd my team, too.  :o Right, that brings in a bunch of subs and replacements, will need to go check later.

(For the record, and Biblio knows this already, I did only pick people listed as Grammy award winners on the official Grammy website!)

On 17/02/2018 at 07:49, Bibliogryphon said:

I have not got to the verification of the Grammys yet but. I will accept it if it is on the Official Grammy website.

Bartholomew was on the website as an official award winner, and thus allowed in February 2018.

• Thanks 1

Said it on the Poker Tourney, say it again here.

If in doubt about your pick, ask your game runner. It's not as if you generally have a couple of days to enter, generally it's a month. And if you personally rule out a pick, that doesn't mean someone else isn't going to push it. And I don't care how late you submit, I'll still rule a pick unacceptable if it doesn't conform to the rules. So run the risk of having a pick ruled out, or just PM the runner for clarification? I kinda know the players who do and who don't.

Crikey, I've won little to nowt on here, all I have ever done was a bit of gentle teasing, but no rage from me. Because you never know, these games can turn on the turn of an hour.

• Like 3

On 06/07/2019 at 20:59, YoungWillz said:

Joao Gilberto gives @Spade_Cooley & @Sir Creep each their sixth hit bringing them level in terms of total hits with @Grim Up North ..However of those three only one is on the brink of winning and this does not add any new names into the mix

• Like 1

Full score sheet

Time* ti 1/0/2/1/1
Toast to 1/0/2/0/0
YoungWillz yw 1/0/0/0/1
msc mc 0/0/2/1/1
Sir Creep (Do I Need A Joker?)* sc 0/0/3/2/1
GCReptile* gr 0/0/2/0/0
Spade Cooley** sp 0/1/1/3/1
Rover & Out ro 0/0/3/0/1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.  Can you remind us which order the categories are shown in, as I can never remember?

Just a suggestion for next round:  when opening the thread, post placemarkers in the first few posts, so that the scoreboard, teams and masterlist can be added later.  Then everything will be on page 1 and easily findable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Thanks.  Can you remind us which order the categories are shown in, as I can never remember?

Just a suggestion for next round:  when opening the thread, post placemarkers in the first few posts, so that the scoreboard, teams and masterlist can be added later.  Then everything will be on page 1 and easily findable.

1. EU Leaders

2. Boxers

3. Dallas

4. Grammys 

5. Kevin Bacon

• Thanks 1

Nearly 3 months without progress but an EU leader has died! Gets me a third category and Fixed Business and GC a second. Toast and Time get a second EU Leader. This one's taking a while to play out!

• Like 1