Sign in to follow this  
Zsa Zsa's leg

10. Robert Wagner

89 today! :birthday:

• Like 1

90 today! :birthday:

• Like 2

I read on another death list thread a few months back (can't remember which one) that his health was deteriorating. Might be a solid pick for '23.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

I read on another death list thread a few months back (can't remember which one) that his health was deteriorating. Might be a solid pick for '23.

A must for the 2023 DL. 93 seems like the age he’ll go at.

The DL Committee would have to be crazy to have Hackman or Eastwood on next year, but not Wagner. Hackman and Eastwood are two of the healthiest nonagenarian men out there.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

That was me.  I read elsewhere (and shared on this forum)on the Internet information that seemed like a  credible person with inside knowledge of the showbiz Hollywood community.  Information on the deteriorating health of Angela Lansbury,  Stella Stevens and Robert Wagner was shared  and as we know the information on Lansbury turned out to be true.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

That was me.  I read elsewhere (and shared on this forum)on the Internet information that seemed like a  credible person with inside knowledge of the showbiz Hollywood community.  Information on the deteriorating health of Angela Lansbury,  Stella Stevens and Robert Wagner was shared  and as we know the information on Lansbury turned out to be true.

Did you remember ans can you give us the place Where you found such informations ? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Did you remember ans can you give us the place Where you found such informations ? 

Oooh you are naughty asking me such a tricky question about giving away a potential lucrative goldmine of information nuggets for deadpooling!

You have given me a real dilemma!

I have several sites that I go on , some american,  some british and some others.  This one was american  I will say that but I need  a little time to think how to respond to you!! 

I will say that one of the websites I go on had posters sharing and or intelligently speculating on Prince Harry or Meghan and a VERY high degree of inside information and claims were substantiated in recently published books about them including  Tom Bower book revenge  .So some people who knew Meghan in Hollywood presently or in her pre royal life  were getting REAL information,  the real tea or dish,  posted online about them but especially her.

Of course some places are full of rubbish but some have proven themselves to an extent. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oooh you are naughty asking me such a tricky question about giving away a potential lucrative goldmine of information nuggets for deadpooling!

I have several sites that I go on , some american,  some british and some others.  This one was american  I will say that but I need  a little time to think how to respond to you!! 

I will say that one of the websites I go on had posters sharing and or intelligently speculating on Prince Harry or Meghan and a VERY high degree of inside information and claims were substantiated in recently published books about them including  Tom Bower book revenge  .So some people who knew Meghan in Hollywood presently or in her pre royal life  were getting REAL information,  the real tea or dish,  posted online about them but especially her.

Of course some places are full of rubbish but some have proven themselves to an extent. 

What is the information with Wagner. Is it something along the lines of he is getting tired more often or does he have a serious illness?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

No worry and no pressure if you want to keep these site for you i completely understand ;) 

My only source of information is here, Twitter and articles online so that’s often not that accurate (expect for here !)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

What is the information with Wagner. Is it something along the lines of he is getting tired more often or does he have a serious illness?

Dementia   .A separate unconnected video on YouTube about  his wife Jill St John mentioned casually matter of factly that her husband was suffering from dementia. Said in a way that it was well known /common knowledge in their community.  I would say it mentioned innocently and accidentally  in the sense they forgot that it wasn't common knowledge about his health.

As a side note Jill St John was being pushed in a wheelchair in the video  although not sure if that is a permanent thing or just something temporary eg post hip operation or something. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

No worry and no pressure if you want to keep these site for you i completely understand ;) 

My only source of information is here, Twitter and articles online so that’s often not that accurate (expect for here !)

Fair reply and thank you.

This isn't the site in question  but another one I have found to have some inside credible sources posting if you wade through it- Lipstick Alley may help you.

• Like 2

Someone seems to be updating his Instagram account quite regularly.

He sounds well in this video, which was posted about a week ago. However, we can only really see his face in it.

He also seems to be using a wheelchair from time to time, at least according to this picture. It's hard to tell how often he uses it based on the selection of photos posted on Instagram. Edit: Actually, that may not even be a wheelchair. Whoops... My bad! :ninja:

My gut feeling is that Wagner will probably get to 2024, but the year just began, he's pushing 93, and he could have some serious health issues that we're not aware of. So, overall, this is a decent pick.

37 minutes ago, When The said:

I keep confusing this guy with Robert Blake.

It’s simple; one enjoys sailing, the other likes shooting…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doesn't look or sound that bad in the video posted on Instagram on Christmas Eve. Feels like one or two years too early. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, When The said:

I keep confusing this guy with Robert Blake.

At one point, I thought he was the dude who did all the TCM intros and interviews.

19 hours ago, Jonah said:

Someone seems to be updating his Instagram account quite regularly.

He sounds well in this video, which was posted about a week ago. However, we can only really see his face in it.

He also seems to be using a wheelchair from time to time, at least according to this picture. It's hard to tell how often he uses it based on the selection of photos posted on Instagram. Edit: Actually, that may not even be a wheelchair. Whoops... My bad! :ninja:

My gut feeling is that Wagner will probably get to 2024, but the year just began, he's pushing 93, and he could have some serious health issues that we're not aware of. So, overall, this is a decent pick.

Yeah he did look very good in the video for a 93 year old. He barely looks 80. I agree he will get to 2024 maybe 2025 even

Absolutely no need to go overboard discussing him.

*Naaaaataaaalieeeeee....*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

As an aside, I notice Susan Flannery who Wagner's character was sleeping with in "Towering Inferno" and who acted with him in one of the cheesiest ever scenes of all time ("There never were any firemen") is still alive aged 83. They are two of the main actors from that film still going along with Richard Chamberlain, Faye Dunaway and Susan Blakely. 

• Like 3

On 06/02/2018 at 19:31, Redrumours said:

Anagram his name and you get, WATER BRR GONE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Honestly a little bit surprised Wagner made it on the DL, judging by how he is not an international icon to the degree of Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood (The DL typically favours the bigger stars). 

On 02/01/2023 at 14:21, Philip said:

The video does present Wagner in better form than I would have thought for his age, maybe he will see 2024 after all.

I can’t agree with anybody who says Wagner had a role in Natalie’s death. His version adds up, the reason he waited so long before alerting the Coast Guard was because he honestly thought Natalie had taken the dingy to shore to go to a restaurant in midst of an argument between Wagner and Walken. Just like in The Streets of San Francisco pilot (which covered a similar case), Wagner is innocent IMO, he was never even a suspect in the Wood drowning, just a person of interest at one point.

Might it be worth starting a poll on this to see what members think? 

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

The video does present Wagner in better form than I would have thought for his age, maybe he will see 2024 after all.

I can’t agree with anybody who says Wagner had a role in Natalie’s death. His version adds up, the reason he waited so long before alerting the Coast Guard was because he honestly thought Natalie had taken the dingy to shore to go to a restaurant in midst of an argument between Wagner and Walken. Just like in The Streets of San Francisco pilot (which covered a similar case), Wagner is innocent IMO, he was never even a suspect in the Wood drowning, just a person of interest at one point.

I’d give him a fair trial before he is hanged.

4 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Wagner stills posts about Natalie on his instagram, I can't imagine him having anything to do with it when he still brings it up all these years later. Natalie was drunk and taking sea sickness medication. The drugs and alcohol mixed causing Natalie to become disorientated. Fall into the water and drown.

• Like 2

On 08/01/2023 at 13:59, Philip said:

Wagner stills posts about Natalie on his instagram, I can't imagine him having anything to do with it when he still brings it up all these years later. Natalie was drunk and taking sea sickness medication. The drugs and alcohol mixed causing Natalie to become disorientated. Fall into the water and drown.

Yes and if he had anything to do with it, he would probably have been seen as more affected by it (because of what he had done), but his life continued as normal, Hart to Hart went on and so did his other projects, and he still seems happy in photos and videos.

I reckon Hart trouble will ultimately take Wagner out. Although slender in the 1950s and 60s, he has been a burly man since the 1970s.

• Like 2