Spade_Cooley

Films with entirely dead casts

Lassie Lou Ahern's death means that Call Of The Wild (1923) and The Forbidden Woman (1927) have entirely dead casts according to IMDB.

Annoyingly, everyone is also dead in Little Mickey Grogan (1927) apart from a certain named Don Bailey who played a Truant Officer. If he's still alive, I'm guessing he'd be in his early 100s, but unlikely we'll ever know.

• Like 1

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? has three names left: Bette Davis's irl estranged daughter BD Hyman, and the actresses who played and provided the singing voice of the young Baby Jane (Gina Gillespie and Debbie Burton, respectively). The first two are definitely alive, the third... who knows.

With the news of Bud Luckey's passing I can confirm that the 2003 short film by Pixar called Budding belongs in this category. Bud Luckey voiced all the characters himself.

The death in January of Mary Ruth Kizziar http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bakersfield/obituary.aspx?n=mary-murie-kizziar&pid=187910397 means that the 1938 Tex Ritter movie Song Of The Buckaroo has an entirely dead cast according to IMDB.

Here's her IMDB out of interest: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0045131/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

According to IMDB, Patricia Morison's death means that Tarzan And The Huntress (1947), The Prince Of Thieves (1948) and The Return Of Wildfire (1948) have entirely dead casts.

Now there may be more, but I got tired, ha! Co-stars of other films include Kirk Douglas and Dean Stockwell....hmmm...

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:58, Drewsky1211 said:

Last time I checked, The Wizard of Oz has only two known living cast members.

Jerry Maren (the green Lollipop Guild member; born 1920) and Caren Marsh Doll (dancing stand-in for Judy Garland; born 1919).

Hmm, somebody didn't check the full cast including uncredited folk.

Anyway, the Telegraph has Dorothy Barrett's obituary: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2018/05/25/dorothy-barrett-actress-wizard-oz-obituary/

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0057118/

Died back in March, but doesn't seem to have been mentioned since Prophet said she was a possibility for 2018.

On 07/02/2018 at 10:21, Bibliogryphon said:

There are only four survivors from the 1974 remake: Charles Aznavour, Stephanie Audran, Elke Sommer & Maria Rohm

Cross off Maria Rohm

https://www.spettacolo.eu/morta-attrice-maria-rohm/

On 23/06/2018 at 08:43, YoungWillz said:

Two down since Biblio made his post!

*thinks about asking Biblio to post about films starring Leslie Phillips*

Yesterday I was looking at the cast for the film Not Now Comrade ( a 1976 Ray Cooney farce) which is more alive than dead Roy Kinnear, Don Estelle, Lewis Fiander, Richard Marner and Michael Sharvell- Martin are the dead but Leslie Philipps is the star.

• Like 1

The death of Jack C Edwards means that according to IMDB, Grandma's Boy (1922); So This Is Marriage (1924); Excuse Me (1925) and Waking Up The Town (1925) have entirely dead casts.

In particular, Excuse Me has suffered its second death of 2018 after Lassie Lou Ahern.

This indicates that Don Marion (b. 1917) is the last survivor of Jealous Husbands (1923).

Did we mention "Arsenic and Old Lace" yet? Wikipedia tells me it counts. IMDB needs too much bandwidth here.

Also, it looks like Charles Lane was the oldest A-List actor ever? Olivia De Havilland is still half a year away.

Edit: Though I guess his career wasn't THAT much bigger than Norman Lloyd's.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Also, it looks like Charles Lane was the oldest A-List actor ever? Olivia De Havilland is still half a year away.

Edit: Though I guess his career wasn't THAT much bigger than Norman Lloyd's.

I'd say Bob Hope, George Burns, Olivia de Havilland, and Kirk Douglas are the only real A-list centenarian actors. Lane was more a reliable "you know the face" type... a respectable career, but not the headliner star I think of when I hear "A-list".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I'd say Bob Hope, George Burns, Olivia de Havilland, and Kirk Douglas are the only real A-list centenarian actors. Lane was more a reliable "you know the face" type... a respectable career, but not the headliner star I think of when I hear "A-list".

Things I have only just found out - Lilian Gish was a few weeks off turning 100 when she died.

The death of Mary Carlisle means that Oscar Award Winning Grand Hotel (IMDB) has no remaining cast members. One of the very first Oscar Award Winning Best Pictures which guaranteed has no living cast members. There might be more out there, but they often feature uncredited cast members who can't be traced.

College Humour 1933 also has no surviving cast members since Mary Carlisle passed away.

There's loads of films where Mary Carlisle was the last survivor.

Quicker to mention the ones with untraceable dead people or with someone definitely alive.

Might make a pool around this topic. Players would pick any film with at least three survivors and they would submit the film and their three picks. Later players would not be allowed the same film but actors could overlap. When all three from the film are gone a new round would start but no films from the previous round would be carried over. If there is interest I will open a Pool thread.

• Like 5

I would play.

• Like 1

I'm for that.

*starts researching the Harry Potter movies cos I know they bother the hell out of certain forum members" :lol:

• Like 1

Fascinating idea, but I probably won’t participate in this one since it would require more time than I have on my hand, especially with school coming up. I think others who do have time should participate here though...

Brilliant idea! I submit a hatful of rain for my film

The main stars Don Murray and Eve Marie Saint are still alive as is Henry Sliva who plays a major role in the film.

Nice idea, I'm also in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Fascinating idea, but I probably won’t participate in this one since it would require more time than I have on my hand, especially with school coming up. I think others who do have time should participate here though...

Huh?  You have to pick three people.  Hardly onerous.

• Like 1