Spade_Cooley

Films with entirely dead casts

I see Diego has liked all 24 posts on the previous page (excluding the Engineer's one of only 2 hours ago).

Never knew discussions about whether obscure actors from (in some cases) equally obscure films are still alive could be so consistently fascinating....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

I see Diego has liked all 24 posts on the previous page (excluding the Engineer's one of only 2 hours ago).

Never knew discussions about whether obscure actors from (in some cases) equally obscure films are still alive could be so consistently fascinating....

image.png.3b52ca5dde813f5c01d23f75a8c4d9a4.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

There used to be a limit on how many likes you could give in one day

Now I understand why

• Like 1

Diego is most likely a bot of some kind. I mean look at how many posts they liked after they joined for like a week

0AE94FEF-EC76-42EA-9A0E-9792E1FBFA30.png

• Like 1

I like the posts I read, because it's a way for me to know what I've already read, it's a way for me to organize myself, I'm not a robot

It is momentarily quite disconcerting, particularly for me because I don’t post all that much, to load up the site and see dozens and dozens of new notifications. A brief “Fuck sake, what have I said now?!”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diego said:

Stupid font, I'm a robot

Are you planning on working your way through every single one of the half a million posts on this site?

In which case well done MPFC for winning the day with 22k ‘likes’.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, TQR said:

Are you planning on working your way through every single one of the half a million posts on this site?

In which case well done MPFC for winning the day with 22k ‘likes’.

No, I just want to make sure I've read the post, I'm very interested in this subject, so I just like to know that I've read it
Sorry if this is a problem, I don't mean to be uncomfortable.

On 13/10/2022 at 16:56, Joey Russ said:

Diego is most likely a bot of some kind. I mean look at how many posts they liked after they joined for like a week

0AE94FEF-EC76-42EA-9A0E-9792E1FBFA30.png

I had 20 notifications from them since Tuesday (one from a post a year ago) and just messaged them asking to stop because it was making me uncomfortable. I got a portugese response if Google translate is correct.

On 13/10/2022 at 22:46, TQR said:

It is momentarily quite disconcerting, particularly for me because I don’t post all that much, to load up the site and see dozens and dozens of new notifications. A brief “Fuck sake, what have I said now?!”

Yeah, any time I see a double-digit number of notifications I assume someone's found a ten-year-old post where I used the gamer word.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Recebi 20 notificações deles desde terça-feira (uma de um post há um ano) e só mandei uma mensagem pedindo para parar porque estava me deixando desconfortável. Eu tenho uma resposta portuguesa se o Google traduzir está correto.

I never imagined that someone could feel uncomfortable because someone liked the posts, I don't want to talk about it here, because this is not the place for it, it's being diverted from the topic of the topic, but I can't understand why the likes bother so much , it was not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, I apologize if I did, but it's the way I found to organize myself and mark what I've already read, so I don't read it again

17 minutes ago, diego said:

I never imagined that someone could feel uncomfortable because someone liked the posts, I don't want to talk about it here, because this is not the place for it, it's being diverted from the topic of the topic, but I can't understand why the likes bother so much , it was not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, I apologize if I did, but it's the way I found to organize myself and mark what I've already read, so I don't read it again

Seriously?????????  You really don't have to 'like' every post to mark what you've already read.  Just read it and move on. 

• Like 1

Understandable. Whenever I wake up to dozens and dozens of new notifications I think: "Fuck sake, what's TQR said now?" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Seriamente????????? Você realmente não precisa 'gostar' de cada post para marcar o que você já leu. Leia e siga em frente.

but why are they so bothered by it?

3 minutes ago, diego said:

engari he aha ratou i raru ai?

All threads you haven’t read are in bold, all those you haven’t aren’t. There’s your organisation. Now stop misusing the like button; most of the posts probably don’t deserve it.

Portuguese translation: 

Idiota.

• Like 2

sorry, but I don't understand, I read the old threads too, it's hard for me to remember if I've read it or not, what's the problem with giving a like?

• Like 1

I don't wish to divert away from this topic but I guess this is happening.

31 minutes ago, diego said:

but why are they so bothered by it?

I'm trying to not be an asshole here which is why I originally messaged you in private asking you to stop. Even if it's just stop liking my posts - I wasn't sure at the time if it was just me or you were liking others. I am a casual poster/lurker and may post something that deserves a like/recognition maybe once a week/every few days depending on the topic/post in question.

So it's unnerving to suddenly log in and see posts dating back 6 months to a year being liked and there's me wondering wtf and is this person stalking me or something. I don't know your internet history/past, but if you've ever been catfished or harassed online like I have through social media. It will make you paranoid or anxious of suspicious internet history of others.

If you want to remember what posts you have seen or not. Just remember which posts you like to catch up on and read through them daily (or whatever your log in habit is). The odd like is fine but remember this isn't Twitter or Tumblr where you like a post and it's saved in your history to read over later (or maybe it is, i've not been bothered to check).

22 minutes ago, diego said:

দুঃখিত, কিন্তু আমি বুঝতে পারছি না, আমি পুরানো থ্রেডগুলিও পড়েছি, আমি এটি পড়েছি কি না মনে রাখা আমার পক্ষে ক

You’ll find another way. Just stop it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Não quero me desviar deste assunto, mas acho que isso está acontecendo.

Estou tentando não ser um idiota aqui e é por isso que eu originalmente mandei uma mensagem em particular pedindo que parasse. Mesmo que pare de gostar dos meus posts, não tinha certeza na época se era só eu ou você estava gostando dos outros. Sou um pôster/lurker casual e posso postar algo que mereça um like/reconhecimento talvez uma vez por semana/a cada poucos dias, dependendo do tópico/post em questão.

Então, é irritante fazer login de repente e ver postagens que datam de 6 meses a um ano sendo curtidas e há eu me perguntando wtf e essa pessoa está me perseguindo ou algo assim. Eu não sei o seu histórico/passado da internet, mas se você já foi catfished ou assediado online como eu tenho através das mídias sociais. Isso vai deixá-lo paranoico ou ansioso de história suspeita na internet dos outros.

Se você quiser lembrar quais postagens você viu ou não. Basta lembrar quais postagens você gosta de colocar em dia e ler através deles diariamente (ou qualquer que seja o seu hábito de login). O estranho como é bom, mas lembre-se que este não é o Twitter ou o Tumblr onde você gosta de um post e é salvo em sua história para ler mais tarde (ou talvez seja, eu não fui incomodado para verificar).

now you know i like what i read so you don't have to feel persecuted anymore ok?
For the love of God people, stop looking for problems where there aren't any, likes are a good thing everywhere, I've never seen anyone complain about it, only here
Just ignore those who don't like it, I don't want to disturb anyone, sometimes I can go a few days without visiting the site, then I won't know what I read

9 hours ago, diego said:

sometimes I can go a few days without visiting the site, then I won't know what I read

All you need to do is click on "Unread Content". The link can be found on the right hand side, at the top and the bottom of the page.

This will take you to a list of topics in which there are posts that you have not read.

• Like 2

yes, but the old ones have no way to do that, this goes for the new content

17 hours ago, TQR said:

most of the posts probably don’t deserve it.

Soon each liked post will be worth Weimar Republic money. :D

• Like 2

On 20/07/2022 at 05:38, The Daredevil said:

Does anyone know of the oldest film with both its leading actor and leading actress still living? 

Maybe Beneath the 12-Mile Reef (1953) starring Robert Wagner and Terry Moore?

Wagner started pretty young for an adult leading man, didn't he? Most of them were usually at least 30+, meaning that someone alive today would be around 100 to beat that. Can't think of many leading men of the 50s alive today. Don Murray, Pat Boone, Harry Belafonte, Michael Craig?

Does it count with kids as leads? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dakota_Kid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Horse_Ambush

• Like 2

I get that feeling a lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leslie Phillips must have been the last survivor of a few movies.

I'll maybe look at this later.

• Like 1