Paul Bearer

Stephen Fry

It's just prostate cancer. The survival rate is over 80%

• Like 2

Especially if you no longer have a prostate, which is the case with the over-exposed ex-con know-it-all.

47 minutes ago, Prophet said:

It's just prostate cancer. The survival rate is over 80%

Yes, prostate cancer is not always fatal, but the BBC article/Fry's account is still interesting, because it goes into unusual detail about his results:

+successful surgery that appears to have removed all cancer

+no distant metastasis

–aggressive cancer: Gleason score of 9 out of 10

–locally advanced: 11 lymph nodes were removed

I have a gut feeling Stephen Fry won't make it to 75. He just doesn't seem like the kind of person to make it to a great old age.

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

I have a gut feeling Stephen Fry won't make it to 75. He just doesn't seem like the kind of person to make it to a great old age.

75? Surely you mean 65. The guy is a wreck. Physically. 

I am an admirer of Stephen Fry, and today is the anniversary of my mother's death from cancer. She was two years younger than Mr. Fry is now, and was also an admirer of his.

Mr. Fry, via his Norwich address, let me know he had adapted a vegetarian diet and therefore wouldn't participate in the "Hot Ones" vodcast (odd, because Ricky Gervais and Russell Brand, both vegans, guested on "Hot Ones" and ate the no-meat spicy facsimiles, YouTube has the videos). I don't know how much Fry's vegetarian diet affects his blood sugar, but I do know that sugar is the main source of fuel for cancer cells. He should cut out soy, which mimics the female hormone oestrogen and  causes testosterone in the bloodstream to convert to DHT, which is a great irritant to the prostate that can cause enlargement, inflammation, and cancer. If he doesn't adapt his diet to take in more protein from eggs and shellfish, if he's vegetarian for humane reasons,  I might add him in upcoming death pools.

I've known a couple of people who have been treated for prostate cancer. both are in their 60s. They underwent surgery 4 perhaps 5 years ago. Both are doing well. 
Stephen Fry has a history of depression which could go against him. 

• Like 1

I always felt that his mental illness issues would be a real problem for him ashe got older and now he has this to deal with too which is a great shame. I’m a big admirer of his work and hopefully he will deal with this challenge too.

Cancer, mental health troubles, past (maybe present) drug addiction and admitted weight problems. All mounts up. 

56 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Hugh Laurie looked a bit gaunt when getting his CBE from Prince Charles.

Fit as fuck, mind - was once in the boat race and that's hardcore fitness. You sure he's not just a gaunt exercise junkie? I mean, Mo Farah and an Oxfam poster could be a really challenging spot the difference game!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Image result for Hugh laurie CBE

Fit as fuck, mind - was once in the boat race and that's hardcore fitness. You sure he's not just a gaunt exercise junkie? I mean, Mo Farah and an Oxfam poster could be a really challenging spot the difference game!

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

He was in Ukraine for mental heath conference, only to be whisked off to an air raid shelter: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-stephen-fry-rushed-ukrainian-30883190

Yes, Ukraine.

Where next, Stephen? Afghanistan for a dinner party? A Mexican drug lord's dance at the town hall?

For Stephen and his mate Zelensky. 5 Russian Novels That Will Help You Beat Your Depression | Books Are Our Superpower (baos.pub)

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yes, Ukraine.

Where next, Stephen? Afghanistan for a dinner party? A Mexican drug lord's dance at the town hall?

Staying a few days in Khartoum or Moscow's financial district would be ten times better for someone seeking an assisted suicide.

• Like 1

He's the host of the long awaited UK version of Jeopardy, which @Death Impends can hardly wait to be bored senseless hearing about in January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Are we really going to forget dogging-on-MCat-in-a-layby superstar Paul Ross's version of Jeopardy UK?

vlcsnap-01381-3.jpg