Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Kevin Smith

Fat fuck terrible movie director Kevin Smith had a "massive heart attack" last night and was apparently very close to death. Let's celebrate the man by remembering his finest contribution to the English language:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

He's a sick twisted fuck.  It seems he's fine now, however.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

He's a sick twisted fuck.  It seems he's fine now, however.

How does anyone go from near-death heart attack to fine in a matter of hours? 

Let's have a serious chat - obit chances re the places who're likely to report it and the pools that count obits. 

I'm wondering about his DDP chances if he died next year

Why do people always use "massive" to describe their heart attacks?  You never see "bigun" or "gigantic" or "substantial".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deadsox said:

Why do people always use "massive" to describe their heart attacks?  You never see "bigun" or "gigantic" or "substantial".

Because the press release said so.

Silent Bob ain't silence yet.

I remember when Clerks came out, it was an exciting period for US indie cinema. From that era, can only think of Tarantino and Linklater who still make relevant movies, Smith burned out relatively quickly 

• Like 2

He burned out because of his drug addiction. If Kevin Smith doesn't lose any weight then I doubt he'll live to 50.

"Silent blob" is great.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter2 said:

He burned out because of his drug addiction. If Kevin Smith doesn't lose any weight then I doubt he'll live to 50.

That’s just an excuse. Peckinpah, among many others, churned out many great efforts when he was fucked off his face

12 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Let's have a serious chat - obit chances re the places who're likely to report it and the pools that count obits. 

I'm wondering about his DDP chances if he died next year

The director of Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma is not going to die without appearing on the BBC News front page.

9 hours ago, JR976evil said:

I remember when Clerks came out, it was an exciting period for US indie cinema. From that era, can only think of Tarantino and Linklater who still make relevant movies, Smith burned out relatively quickly 

I'd add Bryan Singer (at least until a few months ago) and Paul Thomas Anderson to the "still relevant" group, and you could make a case for John Dahl who's at least built a successful career as a TV director on shows like Dexter and Justified, but yeah, it's been disappointing how that generation of directors has overall turned out to be less prolific and less successful than most of us hoped for back when they were turning out indie classics like The Usual Suspects and The Last Seduction. The quality of Kevin Smith's movies seemed to be inversely proportional to his budgets - i.e., the more money he was given to work with, the worse his movies got.

1 hour ago, DemBones said:

I'd add Bryan Singer (at least until a few months ago) and Paul Thomas Anderson to the "still relevant" group, and you could make a case for John Dahl who's at least built a successful career as a TV director on shows like Dexter and Justified, but yeah, it's been disappointing how that generation of directors has overall turned out to be less prolific and less successful than most of us hoped for back when they were turning out indie classics like The Usual Suspects and The Last Seduction. The quality of Kevin Smith's movies seemed to be inversely proportional to his budgets - i.e., the more money he was given to work with, the worse his movies got.

Oh yeah didn’t think of the great PT Anderson. I was thinking more of the auteurs of the early 90s like Hal Hartley, Alison Anders, Rodriguez etc who have mainly disappeared or faded into irrelevance. At least with Dogma Smith was still attempting something bold, but with every movie thereafter he just descended further into self-indulgence, like he wanted to dodge anything daring or contentious 

On 26/02/2018 at 10:45, Spade_Cooley said:

Fat fuck terrible movie director Kevin Smith had a "massive heart attack" last night and was apparently very close to death. Let's celebrate the man by remembering his finest contribution to the English language:

I bet he has a great range of chat-up lines. Smooth, silver_tongued cavalier that he is. 

2 hours ago, Exu said:

I bet he has a great range of chat-up lines. Smooth, silver_tongued cavalier that he is. 

What like...call me an ambulance, now!

"You just made my heart skip a beat"

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

What like...call me an ambulance, now!

Sounds like advanced role play