Sign in to follow this  
Boudicca

Ridiculous Arguments

Mine is quite tame. Pre-internet, it eventually escalated to a door-slamming tear-stained meltdown because the person I was speaking to refused to believe that Lemmy was in The Damned*. 

On another forum someone's husband became a seething mess because it was pointed out that it was "unlikely" he had ovarian cancer :lol:

What's yours DLers?

** Saying Lemmy was never in The Damned is an IP bannable offence.

• Haha 1

I can remember having a completely pointless argument with a sport-obsessed friend about the semantics of whether Jason Robinson was a shit rugby player or not. All hinging on the word shit and whether anyone could really technically be described as such. I fear that the argument lasted at least an hour. You know it's gone on too long when the onlookers, originally entertained or intrigued by such a bloody stupid debate move on for fear of being used as argument-fodder, "What do you reckon, Dave? Can any player, let alone one that played international rugby really be described as shit?"

"LEAVE ME OUT OF IT" exclaims Dave running into the night, hurtling into the oncoming traffic of the nearby arterial route just to avoid becoming an active participant.

Oh, happy day.

• Haha 3

Angry storming away is usually good if you have a car or there is shelter about. I stupidly did it in rural Scotland once then thought "I could actually die from exposure before Mr B wakes up and realises I've gone" so slinked back and apologised profusely instead. Worked out fine iirc :wub:

Arguing with people ( usually ex Facebook friends) telling them they will not win a brand new 4x4 (or any other luxury vehicle) by simply liking and sharing their post.  Dumbest cuntos on the planet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Did break up with a girl once in an argument started over the correct way to pronounce "Nutella".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This took place back in the dim & distant past, when pubs closed at 10:30 and the only place for an after-hours drink was the local Indian. Already in a state of intoxication a friend and I decided more beer was needed, so off we went to do just that.

While we were waiting for our order an argument developed over whether I was wrong (his contention) or merely mistaken (my contention) - about what , I can't remember. This naturally lead to a further argument about whether there was any difference between being 'wrong' and being 'mistaken'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, time said:

This took place back in the dim & distant past, when pubs closed at 10:30 and the only place for an after-hours drink was the local Indian. Already in a state of intoxication a friend and I decided more beer was needed, so off we went to do just that.

While we were waiting for our order an argument developed over whether I was wrong (his contention) or merely mistaken (my contention) - about what , I can't remember. This naturally lead to a further argument about whether there was any difference between being 'wrong' and being 'mistaken'.

I remember one day I made a mistake, but I was wrong. :lol:

I'd like to laugh at these but I "cannot add any more reactions today" :(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Did break up with a girl once in an argument started over the correct way to pronounce "Nutella".

Been there dude...hate both when people mispronounce and also start shit based on that 

A lot of my pointless arguments are when myself and the other person are saying THE EXACT SAME THING but they refuse for whatever the reason to notice that fact that we are agreeing just because I am stating it differently *shakes head* people sometimes...lol

YES!!! 

The number of times I text "I am actually agreeing with you!":unsure:

Just remembered a pointless argument about the colour of a carpet. It was serious enough to almost cause a car crash. Wtf?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Boudicca said:

YES!!! 

The number of times I text "I am actually agreeing with you!":unsure:

Just remembered a pointless argument about the colour of a carpet. It was serious enough to almost cause a car crash. Wtf?

Jeeze...who was the one getting most tilted in that argument?

Ex husband#2

He was driving so his fault <gavel>

Ex. There you go :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Is it 'shit' or 'shite'?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm always wrong when I was married or in a relationship.
I'm always right when I'm not.

Odd.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Once worked with two men who ended up being pre-school teachers. Their argument was about: Whose college major was best? Philosophy or Psychology? (Better than women`s and gender studies though. :rolleyes:) After the argument they didn`t speak to each other for weeks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Once worked with two men who ended up being pre-school teachers. Their argument was about: Whose college major was best? Philosophy or Psychology? (Better than women`s and gender studies though. :rolleyes:) After the argument they didn`t speak to each other for weeks. 

Sounds like Philosophy won the day!

• Haha 1

I've started tooooooo many out of sheer pigheadedness/badness , this is one thread I'll stay out of. Not.

* this week alone with work folk

**** noising up an ex squaddie who was at Scot/Eng rugby, came back on Monday all happy till I ripped him for signing allegiance to the English Queen so therefore he wasn't entitled to support Scotland and should verilly go and fuck himself. Wasn't amused,,,,, shame.

**** young fla phoned in sick, turned up next day and I pointed out every other cunt there paid for his hangover as sick day was Family Credit Day or whatever they call it now.

**** engendered a convo between 3 young flas as to which was a mong, a retard or lesserly a moron.  Wandered away hands in pockets, whistling, as they voted on each other.

**** threw a 1lb coalie (saithe) at the head of a young shaver when he not looking whilst I very busy and unlikely to be culprit. Hit him full on, so 20 secs afore he looked up. I pointed out someone else and bad blood the rest of the day, punches exchanged <proud of that one>.

Fuck, 'every' argument is pointless, doesn't mean its not fun starting them.

• Haha 1

You are a very bad man.

Difficult. Dangerous :ninja:

When I get reports about you I actually cover my eyes when I read them. Then I ignore them obviously.

I have to say though that one of them was the most hilarious extremely well-written rant I've ever seen so well done for inspiring that :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2018. 02. 28. at 15:55, time said:

Is it 'shit' or 'shite'?

Always ready to kill a joke with a sérieuse argument:

Shite, now a jocular or slightly euphemistic and chiefly British variant of the noun, formerly a dialectal variant, reflects the vowel in the Old English verb (compare German scheissen); the modern verb has been influenced by the noun.

• Thanks 1

My wife and I occasionally indulge in color arguments.  Most recently we were giving directions for a furniture delivery and when asked the color of our house I said "brown" while she said "gray".  We both looked at each other with "what's wrong with you" expressions.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, deadsox said:

My wife and I occasionally indulge in color arguments.  Most recently we were giving directions for a furniture delivery and when asked the color of our house I said "brown" while she said "gray".  We both looked at each other with "what's wrong with you" expressions.

In the spirit of this thread, I was moderately tempted to start a little UK v USA diatribe about the spelling of 'colour' and 'grey', but it's been a long day.

6 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

In the spirit of this thread, I was moderately tempted to start a little UK v USA diatribe about the spelling of 'colour' and 'grey', but it's been a long day.

We have a thread. :duck:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/568-language-barrier/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

It would fit as a ridiculous argument but Cat is right.  There's a more specific thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1