TomTomTelekom

Sir Michael Caine

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Out and about, but also not quite stable, I'd say... also, this paparazzi foto lighting makes one look really terrible:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9042447/Michael-Caine-87-wife-Shakira-73-hold-hands-following-romantic-meal.html

Night on the town: Michael Caine, 87, and his glamorous wife Shakira, 73, looked as loved-up as ever on Thursday night, when they stepped out for a romantic meal at London's Oswald's Club

Just bad photograph. He still active would not worry about him for a twice years.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Out and about, but also not quite stable, I'd say... also, this paparazzi foto lighting makes one look really terrible:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9042447/Michael-Caine-87-wife-Shakira-73-hold-hands-following-romantic-meal.html

Night on the town: Michael Caine, 87, and his glamorous wife Shakira, 73, looked as loved-up as ever on Thursday night, when they stepped out for a romantic meal at London's Oswald's Club

She looks alright for 73 :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Just bad photograph. He still active would not worry about him for a twice years.

His wife Shakira

Hip replacements don't lie

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Happy 88th!

Cheers!:party:

• Like 1

Retires from acting with immediate effect. Cites lack of jobs and aging, but this cancels a few projects that were on the go. Luckily this sort of thing is never ominous as Peter O'Toole can tell us...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Retires from acting with immediate effect. Cites lack of jobs and aging, but this cancels a few projects that were on the go. Luckily this sort of thing is never ominous as Peter O'Toole can tell us...

I think the number of people selecting Michael in all of  the deadpools but especially the DDP  will increase quite notably  next  year after this announcement  which strangely for a man his age still seems like a bolt out of the blue. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think the number of people selecting Michael in all of  the deadpools but especially the DDP  will increase quite notably  next  year after this announcement  which strangely for a man his age still seems like a bolt out of the blue. 

He's on my shadow but strangely I'll be removing him next year.Mysterious ways and all that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redrumours said:

He's on my shadow but strangely I'll be removing him next year.Mysterious ways and all that.

Sounds like you've already started  making your longlists for next  year and   good progress is being made!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sounds like you've already started  making your longlists for next  year and   good progress is being made!

We could all do the same thing, @Gooseberry Crumble. :lol:

The year 2022 is coming closer, and the early bird catches the worm. :P

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MariNisia said:

The early bird has to cross off more names than the latecomers.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

The early bird has to cross off more names than the latecomers.

Although being a latecomer also means forgetting good names you didn't note down, I found. I remember when the forum chat thing still worked, I expressed extensively how good a pick Bernie Nolan would be for the DDP when some others were cautious on here. Come the big reveal of teams on January 1st, someone (possibly DI but someone like that) asked in the chat why I'd not picked Nolan for my DDP team, at which point I suddenly realised I'd forgotten all about her! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MariNisia said:

I have a few pages in a notepad with  names written down of people I may forget come December  if not committed to paper as a memory prompt!

I check them against the current  Derby  Dead Pool and in some cases I am genuinely surprised and from a deadpooling point of view  delighted at certain names which have not previous  been picked.  Decent names that look likely to  stand a good chance of being unique picks if chosen by me. 

Oh I have higher expectations than catching a worm  -I tend to look and go for things much bigger than that!:D;)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, msc said:

Or maybe not. Maybe he is committed to some of those projects and can’t get out of the contract/s

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/18/michael-caine-on-brexit-boris-johnson-and-big-breaks-ive-done-150-movies-i-think-thats-enough?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In this interview with the Guardian Michael talks about getting older but also mentions one of his friends who is newsworthy is due to pass away any day now.

And I have another very close friend who is very, very ill. If he survives until next weekend I’ll be surprised. And I won’t mention his name, but you’ll read about him in the papers.”

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, openviews said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/18/michael-caine-on-brexit-boris-johnson-and-big-breaks-ive-done-150-movies-i-think-thats-enough?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In this interview with the Guardian Michael talks about getting older but also mentions one of his friends who is newsworthy is due to pass away any day now.

And I have another very close friend who is very, very ill. If he survives until next weekend I’ll be surprised. And I won’t mention his name, but you’ll read about him in the papers.”

Oh.. that's an interesting guessing game... after 5 minutes of just googling and such, I see he is friends with Morgan Freeman - but that's probably not him - and he loves cricket. So maybe a cricket player?

Edit: Maybe Tom Courtenay? In the context of the article, it has to be someone around his age - so not Alan Igglesden, for example.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, openviews said:

What a very strange thing to say about a close friend who is in his final days.

So Michael Caine has retired, un-retired and re-retired now? I'm confused.

tbh my first thought was "how's Tom Courtenay's health these days?" 

• Haha 3

According to some sources once mentioned that his closest friends are Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Terry O'Neill, Johnny Gold and Leslie Bricusse. Bricusse is the only living one out of the five.

• Like 5

Just now, arghton said:

He once mentioned that his closest friends are Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Terry O'Neill, Johnny Gold and Leslie Bricusse. Bricusse is the only living one out of the five.

Was just about to post that.

• Like 1