TomTomTelekom

Sir Michael Caine

Michael Parkinson seems a possibility also.Not sure if they are friends but name sprung to my mind when thinking about who it is .

• Like 1

Alan Arkin is someone else he has been close with in the past. Going to be a week glued to the obits. to see who he is referring too! 

1 hour ago, openviews said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/18/michael-caine-on-brexit-boris-johnson-and-big-breaks-ive-done-150-movies-i-think-thats-enough?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In this interview with the Guardian Michael talks about getting older but also mentions one of his friends who is newsworthy is due to pass away any day now.

And I have another very close friend who is very, very ill. If he survives until next weekend I’ll be surprised. And I won’t mention his name, but you’ll read about him in the papers.”

I’ve read in Caine’s autobiographies that he has long been great friends with Sidney Poitier!!!!! I have a feeling this could be Poitier but I really hope I’m wrong.

• Like 2

It's more likely to be someone notable enough to get a Telegraph or Times obit but that practically no one on here could name off top of their head - like Johnny Gold mentioned in the same paragraph.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sean said:

Michael Parkinson seems a possibility also.Not sure if they are friends but name sprung to my mind when thinking about who it is .

Parky I doubt. He's doing a tour if I'm not mistaken 

I'm guessing Quincy Jones as the two share the same birthday and have often celebrated together.

• Like 1

You can't speculate, as not a lot of people know who he's talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You can't speculate, as not a lot of people know who he's talking about.

That includes Michael Caine by the sounds of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean said:

I really hope so, he's on my list and a knob end as well

10 hours ago, openviews said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/18/michael-caine-on-brexit-boris-johnson-and-big-breaks-ive-done-150-movies-i-think-thats-enough?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

In this interview with the Guardian Michael talks about getting older but also mentions one of his friends who is newsworthy is due to pass away any day now.

And I have another very close friend who is very, very ill. If he survives until next weekend I’ll be surprised. And I won’t mention his name, but you’ll read about him in the papers.”

Ignore this. I thought it was Alan Arkin that made this comment not Michael Caine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

There's a very real possiblity that he could be talking about Michael Douglas given they are starring on a show together.

Which show is that?

4 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Which show is that?

Read the comment. It was a big misunderstanding.

Anyway. I still have another name to throw in here. Morgan Freeman. They've done a few movies together especially in the last few years.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 10:13, arghton said:

According to some sources once mentioned that his closest friends are Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Terry O'Neill, Johnny Gold and Leslie Bricusse. Bricusse is the only living one out of the five.

Leslie Bricusse is no longer the last one living.

Apparently Joan Collins has confirmed his death. Looking for a link.

Bit of a pisser, he was on my shortlist for next year.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Huh? Well, that

On 18/10/2021 at 10:13, arghton said:

According to some sources once mentioned that his closest friends are Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Terry O'Neill, Johnny Gold and Leslie Bricusse. Bricusse is the only living one out of the five.

was a bloody good shout, that one, then.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Leslie Bricusse is no longer the last one living.

Apparently Joan Collins has confirmed his death. Looking for a link.

Bit of a pisser, he was on my shortlist for next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crazy to think Joan and him are both 88 when you see how different they look ! 
Joan is still so elegant and beautiful :wub:

43 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10315103/Dame-Joan-Collins-88-heads-dinner-husband-Percy-Gibson-56-Sir-Michael-Caine.html

New picture  of Michael  Caine with his wife and Joan Collins and her husband  on a Christmas  night out. 

Now seems  to be using a walking cane.

On one side he has a walking cane and on the other a walking Caine……

• Haha 8

Auctioning off some of his stuff at Bonhams in March: https://www.bonhams.com/press_release/33728/ 

'as Sir Michael starts taking life at a more leisurely pace, he and his wife, Lady Caine, are downsizing and putting some of their treasured possessions up for auction'

The start of getting his affairs in order, or just a high-end clear-out?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

The Bonhams auction is now live, if anyone is curious to browse the lots: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/27705/

Interesting selection of film and travel posters, art, books, jewellery, furniture, etc.. Lots of affordable three-figure estimates, but I dare say these might be exceeded.

Who wouldn't want this Muppet Christmas Carol bomber jacket?

A crew bomber jacket for The Muppet Christmas Carol,

• Like 5