Spade_Cooley

Peter Kay

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Agreed. The only person that springs to mind who had died some weeks before his death was announced was Andrew Sachs but then as already noted above Kay has an agent so I think they’d be very quick to report. 

There are a few others, (Beth Howland, Nicol Williamson, Jon Finch and to a lesser extent Hywel Bennett ) but none of those had the current name recognition as Peter Kay and none of them had worked recently.

I'll admit when I first heard the rumours I thought there might be something to it, but I'm now inclined to think it's bollocks.

• Like 2

Is there even any legal basis for getting a super-injunction over the fact you're dead?

There's certainly a practical hurdle to overcome in applying for one.

• Haha 3

Four statements in that post and at least three of them are wrong.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, msc said:

Four statements in that post and at least three of them are wrong.

If we were still doing those awards (were they called The Monkeys?) this would get my vote for post of the year :D

• Like 1

He's really getting into the spirit of this super-injunction about being dead.

32 minutes ago, msc said:

He's really getting into the spirit of this super-injunction about being dead.

Is there one then? Do people really think he’s dead? Is this children’s charity mentioned a clue as to his disappearance ‘I have first hand experience of this’? 

Or has he just gone off-grid to try and write something funny for a change?

9 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Is there one then? Do people really think he’s dead? Is this children’s charity mentioned a clue as to his disappearance ‘I have first hand experience of this’?

I was being a sarky git, LB!

Also, write something funny? Well, there's always a first time.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, msc said:

I was being a sarky git, LB!

Also, write something funny? Well, there's always a first time.

Oh sorry :whoosh:this is me then! Not feeling 100% at the mo so not my usually sharp self!  I know he’s very popular but I have just never found him funny at all. But each to his own I suppose. I’m loving James Acaster at the moment, very amusing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Oh sorry :whoosh:this is me then! Not feeling 100% at the mo so not my usually sharp self!  I know he’s very popular but I have just never found him funny at all. But each to his own I suppose. I’m loving James Acaster at the moment, very amusing.

Acaster does actually make me laugh, but I do find his delivery stilted and unrelaxed, and sometimes he swallows his words so the joke gets lost.

Kay has never been funny.

Just discovered US comedian Mark Normand. Check his stuff out on YouTube.

2 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Might be summat/might be nowt but...

A work colleague who spent years in showbiz has a totally different theory on this (but no hard evidence); basically clocking loads of stuff in Kay's performances and ideas of what's funny to believe the man to be gay. His theory being Kay's marriage and family life might be in meltdown - hence the super-injunction.

16 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

A work colleague who spent years in showbiz has a totally different theory on this (but no hard evidence); basically clocking loads of stuff in Kay's performances and ideas of what's funny to believe the man to be gay. His theory being Kay's marriage and family life might be in meltdown - hence the super-injunction.

There’s plenty of of fat old queens in the UK without another one joining the ranks. ;):D 

As a paid up member of this club (as well as the Tuffty club) I don’t believe it. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

There’s plenty of of fat old queens in the UK without another one joining the ranks. ;):D 

As a paid up member of this club (as well as the Tuffty club) I don’t believe it. 

I am not sure you are eliglible for the Tufty club (cf Sandi Toksvig in The Big One).

52 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Are they not getting confused with footballer who kind-of-looks-like-a-thin-Peter-Kay John O'Shea, who every football forum knows was Will Young's boyfriend?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

So do we know for sure there IS a super injunction, but just not what it’s about? And really, is being gay that much of an issue that he would rather let people think he was dead? There are much worse things! For instance if I had to be gay or walk around with no teeth I’d definitely be munching the furburger. With my teeth obvs. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

First tweet in four months.

So the question is, when were the two episodes filmed?

Doesn't mean much.

* re the gay question, it wouldn't surprise anyone. Super injunction over death more likely than that.

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I've always thought he was asexual to be honest but  that's probably because I can't picture anyone wanted to have sex with him. Can't imagine you'd need a super-injunction for that though. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I've always thought he was asexual to be honest but  that's probably because I can't picture anyone wanted to have sex with him. Can't imagine you'd need a super-injunction for that though. 

No mind can handle that yer Manx minxiness :)

I don't get why people are speculating all this sort of thing. 

Didn't his PR announce a few weeks/months back that he was cancelling everything because of a family member's serious illness? 

Given that he's married with three kids, there's a few plausible candidates.

Found it now, it actually said "unforeseen family circumstances" but that could mean one of his children is ill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42339698

So putting 2+2 together:

The charity screening of Car Share is to support The Lily Foundation, which provides support to children who suffer from mitochondrial disease. 

In a statement, Kay says that he has had "first-hand experience of the foundation's work". So my money is on one of his children being afflicted with it. It's the disease that killed Charlie Gard, fact fans.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

So putting 2+2 together:

The charity screening of Car Share is to support The Lily Foundation, which provides support to children who suffer from mitochondrial disease. 

In a statement, Kay says that he has had "first-hand experience of the foundation's work". So my money is on one of his children being afflicted with it. It's the disease that killed Charlie Gard, fact fans.

I thought that only effected newborns? Or can it appear later on in childhood?

On 19/03/2018 at 20:56, Madeleymade said:

It's all very sad.

But from what I know.  Kay has been ill before, and had leukemia. 

He's been ill for a long, long time. The fact he semi-retired barely thirty is a clue. 
Also, the constant announcement of projects that never get made, Phoenix series 3, the Max and Paddy Go to Ireland Special, Malachy's Missions...
There's a definite injunction going on. 
It reminds when Christopher Lee died. Rumours, days of silence, then the announcement.
But with Lee, the man was 93, he'd had problems recently, no one really was shocked. Kay, on the other hand, if it is true, it's a shock, although he hasn't been well. He looked grave doing Comic Relief, and the short schedules for Car Share...

Cradle to Grave series 2 was delayed, because Kay was "unavailable", Al Murray considered as an alternative, but Danny Baker, "wait tills Peter is able". But Jeff Pope has said that though the scripts are written, it's too late now, and they're unlikely to be made.

Car Share Unscripted has been shot, but it's been delayed. Was supposed to be for Christmas. Apparently, the word is Kay wants to do a Blackstar. 

The prospect of no further Max and Paddy episodes is a definite positive 

• Like 1

On 19/03/2018 at 20:56, Madeleymade said:

It's all very sad.

But from what I know.  Kay has been ill before, and had leukemia. 

He's been ill for a long, long time. The fact he semi-retired barely thirty is a clue. 
Also, the constant announcement of projects that never get made, Phoenix series 3, the Max and Paddy Go to Ireland Special, Malachy's Missions...
There's a definite injunction going on. 
It reminds when Christopher Lee died. Rumours, days of silence, then the announcement.
But with Lee, the man was 93, he'd had problems recently, no one really was shocked. Kay, on the other hand, if it is true, it's a shock, although he hasn't been well. He looked grave doing Comic Relief, and the short schedules for Car Share...

Cradle to Grave series 2 was delayed, because Kay was "unavailable", Al Murray considered as an alternative, but Danny Baker, "wait tills Peter is able". But Jeff Pope has said that though the scripts are written, it's too late now, and they're unlikely to be made.

Car Share Unscripted has been shot, but it's been delayed. Was supposed to be for Christmas. Apparently, the word is Kay wants to do a Blackstar. 

I’ve read the whole of the Internet and cannot find one shred of evidence to corroborate your claim of leukaemia.