Spade_Cooley

Peter Kay

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Tweets raising concern for his health again with his appearance on The Big Night In on BBC. I didn't watch it but many people are tweeting that he didn't look or sound well with some speculating he looked chemo-esque.

Also found this tweet that could just be BS:

That guy seems to be someone who wouldn't lie on twitter.

On 23/04/2020 at 22:40, Man About The Forum said:

Don't think he will see Christmas. Has the bloated look of someone with a cancer-related, packed-in liver.

Not yellow enough for liver. Mind you, the colour in the clip seemed a bit weird - a bit red enhanced and bright - so... 

To me, he has the look and sound of someone who is ageing. In the recent pic earlier in the thread his hair is looking thin on top, his voice has got that beginning to age crackle and he looks a bit knackered. He's a year younger than me so, while he's hardly old, he's decidedly middle aged, plus his size is akin to Northern stand-up comedians of the 70s and look how many of them died young(ish).

Of course, this could all be speculation and there's nowt wrong with him; the ailment is with a family member. I personally have felt he's looked like a heart attack waiting to happen for years, not just his weight but how he always looks so sweaty.

Seems a bit of a red flag that he didn't re-record his own part in the Amarillo video, but just used the original footage.  Particularly at the end, when he trots within touching distance through a crowd.

• Like 1

Not convinced the Solero was there for a gag, either. Look at the dryness of his lips - part of me thinks the Solero was there to keep his mouth moist enough to be able to speak.

He's always reminded me of an unfit version of Richard Beckinsale so like Vinegar I've always thought he would be leaving the party early.

He is clearly ill, I don't think that is up for debate anymore.

It could be cancer but there has been no real weight loss,  he is still overweight and a potential 'collapsed and died' merchant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

He's always reminded me of an unfit version of Richard Beckinsale so like Vinegar I've always thought he would be leaving the party early.

Beckinsale always looked very fit until very near the end. I wasn't alive then but that must have been one of the most unexpected deaths of all time as he was only in his early 30s. 

• Like 1

Here's the video to save people looking through the 3 hour show:

I concur with the general opinion - he is clearly an unwell man.

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Beckinsale always looked very fit until very near the end. I wasn't alive then but that must have been one of the most unexpected deaths of all time as he was only in his early 30s. 

Yes, it was.  And Richard Beckinsale was sexy which Peter Kay .... isn't.  ;)

Just now, Toast said:

Yes, it was.  And Richard Beckinsale was sexy which Peter Kay .... isn't.  ;)

Yeah, but, Toastie, Beckinsale had a very big face, didn't he.:lol:

14 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Not yellow enough for liver. Mind you, the colour in the clip seemed a bit weird - a bit red enhanced and bright - so... 

To me, he has the look and sound of someone who is ageing. In the recent pic earlier in the thread his hair is looking thin on top, his voice has got that beginning to age crackle and he looks a bit knackered. He's a year younger than me so, while he's hardly old, he's decidedly middle aged, plus his size is akin to Northern stand-up comedians of the 70s and look how may of them died young(ish).

Of course, this could all be speculation and there's nowt wrong with him; the ailment is with a family member, which I remains the case. I personally have felt he's looked like a heart attack waiting to happen for years, not just his weight but how he always looks so sweaty.

Given the smog of the clubs they played and the shite food on offer it amazes me how many ex-club performers went on so long. Bernard Manning - who's fondness for payments in cash (i.e. notes in his agent's suitcase - without which he'd bale on the gig) meant he played almost exclusively club type venues - was fat his whole life and died a few weeks short of his 77th birthday.

2 hours ago, msc said:

Here's the video to save people looking through the 3 hour show:

I concur with the general opinion - he is clearly an unwell man.

Wonder why they cut Jimmy Saville out. :scratchhead:.   :lol:

4 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Wonder why they cut Jimmy Saville out. :scratchhead:.   :lol:

:lol:

They kept Ronnie Corbett's fall in though! Good old Ronnie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yeah, but, Toastie, Beckinsale had a very big face, didn't he.:lol:

I think it was his eyes that made him sexy.  And his smile.  These things are very hard to define, but you know the way some people have it and some don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Given the smog of the clubs they played and the shite food on offer it amazes me how many ex-club performers went on so long. Bernard Manning - who's fondness for payments in cash (i.e. notes in his agent's suitcase - without which he'd bale on the gig) meant he played almost exclusively club type venues - was fat his whole life and died a few weeks short of his 77th birthday.

If he was still batting, Manning would have been a sitting duck for coronavirus 

39 minutes ago, Toast said:

I think it was his eyes that made him sexy.  And his smile.  These things are very hard to define, but you know the way some people have it and some don't.

He certainly sired a very attractive daughter 

48 minutes ago, Toast said:

Too pretty for my liking. I like a bit of rough.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Too pretty for my liking. I like a bit of rough.

What, like Harry Styles?  :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

What, like Harry Styles?  :P

Be quiet you :D he is the young hot fit piece of ass exception to my shaven headed rule (apart from long haired Grohl who I would bang like a shithouse door in the wind)

• Haha 2

Just watched the clip from Big Night In and I agree he doesn't look like his normal self.  I'm not medically minded so haven't a clue what could be wrong

peterkay.png

It's probably cancer but the slow speech and general lethargy did make me wonder if it could be something neurological. Maybe Parkinsons or MS? 

He was photographed putting air into his car tyres last month (March) and was driving. His hair was noticeably thin.

Put alongside the photo of him backstage at the theatre in December, I suppose a case could be made that in the three months between the two, his hair has grown back rather than fallen out. 

So a couple of years of cancer treatment that has now stopped and he is terminal?

25114736-8096395-Theatre_trip_Peter_was_photographed_on_December_27_when_he_heade-a-22_1583854725205.jpg

25789372-8096395-image-m-62_1583855766275.jpg

In 2018 he looked healthy making it sound like one of his kids was ill but now he looks much worse. Perhaps both have happened - ill child plus his own health problems.

14 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

He was photographed putting air into his car tyres last month (March) and was driving. His hair was noticeably thin.

Put alongside the photo of him backstage at the theatre in December, I suppose a case could be made that in the three months between the two, his hair has grown back rather than fallen out. 

So a couple of years of cancer treatment that has now stopped and he is terminal?

25114736-8096395-Theatre_trip_Peter_was_photographed_on_December_27_when_he_heade-a-22_1583854725205.jpg

I’d never noticed your user name before - very well done :D

15 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

Absolutely no difference whatsoever in the hair, one is just more 'wind swept' than the other.

It is massively shit hair, the kind of hair that looks like it's cut by his Mrs, in the kitchen, with kitchen scissors.