Sign in to follow this  
Toast

Words We Dislike

30 minutes ago, time said:

Two words used together, but, I hate 'for free'; if you mean something has no charge attached then say 'free of charge'. It's not bloody difficult.

Cunto at door last evening....

'I'm not a salesman, here's a Freeeeee offer to do roof insulation under a Government Grant'.

Sorry cunto, you ARE selling something, doesn't matter if cash not given, you ain't doing it for fuck all.

1 hour ago, charon said:

Cunto at door last evening....

'I'm not a salesman, here's a Freeeeee offer to do roof insulation under a Government Grant'.

Sorry cunto, you ARE selling something, doesn't matter if cash not given, you ain't doing it for fuck all.

.........and he thought that would be sufficient to keep you warm up there?:lol:

3 hours ago, deadsox said:

It would make party conversation so much more interesting:

"Have you met Sarah?  She's my concubine".

Have you met Sarah? She’s my fuckbuddy.

• Like 2

Calling young people snowflakes.

• Like 2

don't like these  

Ass like a bag of laundry

Face like a slapped ass

Away and boil your head

Scrote

Yer maw's git balls n yer da' loves it

Irregardless.  Because it really doesn't exist and is a superfluous form of 'regardless'.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Irregardless.  Because it really doesn't exist and is a superfluous form of 'regardless'.  

I quite agree, I had a boss who used to say it all the time. He was also one of those people who'd say pacifically instead of specifically. I always thought that was a Manx thing  as I'd never heard that until I moved here , but someone else mentioned it on here.     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I quite agree, I had a boss who used to say it all the time. He was also one of those people who'd say pacifically instead of specifically. I always thought that was a Manx thing  as I'd never heard that until I moved here , but someone else mentioned it on here.     

I had a boss that said at least once every 20 minutes 'the bottom line is...' and then whatever his point was.  He would say it 20 times a day.  Sometimes in consecutive sentences.  

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Are we talking a non-existent antonym for regardless (ie. irrespective), or is it just a fuck up of the word? Either way, it sounds like it'd grate right on my tits if someone said it to me.

10 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Outsourcing. (Means you are going to lose your job! :burnash:)

True the meaning, but I rather enjoy business-speak.  It's amazing to hear people who have been programmed to talk like that.  I used to TRY to do it as a joke and couldn't remember all the lexicon.
Perhaps you don't like outsourcing -- how about rightsizing (now THAT'S when you've lost a job).

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Are we talking a non-existent antonym for regardless (ie. irrespective), or is it just a fuck up of the word? Either way, it sounds like it'd grate right on my tits if someone said it to me.

Oh no....many many people say 'irregardless', at least here in the dumbass States.  I bet if you told them it isn't correct (or necessary) you'd get a confused look from a good 30% of Americans at least.

7 hours ago, deadsox said:

I hate the overuse of "awesome".

Guilty.  But having a toddler does it to you, you find yourself saying it a lot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Oh no....many many people say 'irregardless', at least here in the dumbass States.  I bet if you told them it isn't correct (or necessary) you'd get a confused look from a good 30% of Americans at least.

Oh I’m doubtless it’s not just 30% of Yanks, it’s probably rife over this side of the Atlantic too...though explaining such a complex thing as the English language to them is like pissing in a lake to try and make it go away.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I think people confuse it with 'irrespective'.

• Like 1

there is an ad currently running on TV for a beer (don't know which one as I leave the room when it comes on) and the actors are dressed as medieval characters. The one phrase that Is repeated constantly is ' dilly dilly' . what the bloody hell is all that about? Sounds like somebody made it up, but it has no meaning or context (unless I'm missing something) so can I add 'dilly ' to the list of annoying words? it's a shit advert and if anything I'll avoid the beer (once I found out its name).

• Like 1

Far more dillys than anyone could ever want.

36 minutes ago, Exu said:

there is an ad currently running on TV for a beer (don't know which one as I leave the room when it comes on) and the actors are dressed as medieval characters. The one phrase that Is repeated constantly is ' dilly dilly' . what the bloody hell is all that about? Sounds like somebody made it up, but it has no meaning or context (unless I'm missing something) so can I add 'dilly ' to the list of annoying words? it's a shit advert and if anything I'll avoid the beer (once I found out its name).

Shit advert to go with a shit beer.

(Bud light, utubby sez)

I once ended an engagement over the use of, "that's irrespective"

Meaning irrelevant.

I would be in jail within a year, here's your ring back, cunto.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Handrejka said:

He probably had prostrate problems at some point as well.

As long as someone else has brought up phrases, I must say that I absolutely hate "He's 97 years young".

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, deadsox said:

He probably had prostrate problems at some point as well.

"Fancy a coffee?"

"Yes, I'll have a double expresso"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Espresso, espresso, its not a fuckng train. 

Yep, hate that.

And whilst on the subject of coffee, anyone who goes into Costa or the like and starts an order with "Can I get..." fucking gives me cancer.

• Like 2

Nucular.

Not strictly a word, more this common mispronunciation. I don't even understand why.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2018 at 22:42, The Quim Reaper said:

"Fancy a coffee?"

"Yes, I'll have a double expresso"

That reminds me of an experience I once had with a workmate in a Paris café.  He normally displayed your basic Englishman-abroad tastes, so, expecting him to ask for a large white coffee, I was mildly surprised when he said he would like an espresso.

I duly ordered "Deux espress', s'il vous plait".

He commented several times on what a delicious espresso it was, finally working up to "That was undoubtedly the BEST espresso I've EVER had", at which point I realised he was being sarcastic and the penny dropped.

"You actually wanted a cappuccino, didn't you?"

He had the grace to admit his error.

• Like 1