Grim Reaper

Fidel Castro

Especially given the magnitude of teenage boner I had for La Sawalha back in the day. Phwoarr! :)

She's still mighty fine now in her "maturer" years. :lol:

Especially given the magnitude of teenage boner I had for La Sawalha back in the day. Phwoarr! :)

She's still mighty fine now in her "maturer" years. :lol:

I would, and I'm a girl :)

I now thinkk Fidel wil die in 2008,not this year.But I do think he WIL die next year,since Fidel himself cast doubt on whether he wil live to see the end of the Bush presidency-he would like to see it but he sounds unsure that he will...with good reason I suspect...

What makes the Bush presidency so special to Catro's heart?

I thought, for the most part, he hated all US Presidents equally.

You just hate Fidel 'cause he's ugly and kills people..picky, picky, picky !

Castro 'well enough for election'

The health of Cuban President Fidel Castro is good enough for him to be a candidate in next month's parliamentary elections, his brother Raul has said.

Raul Castro said Fidel was exercising two hours daily and putting on weight.

Communist leaders back Fidel Castro's decision to run for parliament, a prerequisite to remaining president, his younger brother said.

Dear Fidel Castro, at this time of year I would just like to say how disappointed I am in you, and with your performance this year. I gave you the rare accolade of being my DDP joker, and you react by recovering your health, to the extent you can participate in elections? Shame on you - and don't expect to find yourself on my DDP list again for a very long time.

Castro again hints at retirement

Cuba's ailing President, Fidel Castro, has for the second time this month alluded publicly to the possibility of retiring from office.

In a letter read out to Cuba's National Assembly, he said in the past he had been a person who "clung" to power, but that life had changed his perspective.

Mr Castro also urged people to support his brother, acting leader Raul Castro.

Guest 9LAST1DIGIT NUMBER
Castro again hints at retirement

Cuba's ailing President, Fidel Castro, has for the second time this month alluded publicly to the possibility of retiring from office.

In a letter read out to Cuba's National Assembly, he said in the past he had been a person who "clung" to power, but that life had changed his perspective.

Mr Castro also urged people to support his brother, acting leader Raul Castro.

Now Castro is number 9, which is a good sign . 9 is the last of the one digit numbers ,and also the most distant from number 1 which stands for GOD .Everyone knows Castro is DOG (=GOD backwards=Devil) .This year is Ruled by the Wheel of Fortune of the Tarot Deck. 2 equalize the Wheel (Hermanubis= Spirit of GOOD and Typhon= Spirit of EVIL).

TYPHON SHALL ROTATE THE WHEEL TO MAKE CASTRO MET HIS FATE THIS YEAR!!!

HAPPY 2008 ,CASTRO!!!

THIS WILL BE YOUR LAST!!!

Well, thing is you can't not have him on the list till he goes, because you end up looking like a complete dullard if he dies and he is not on the list. I'm thinking he will end up dead via the most improbable method such as falling off a ladder or trapping his fingers in a door jam!

Castro 'ready to return' - Lula

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva believes Fidel Castro is in "impeccable" health and ready to resume his political role in Cuba.

Castro: I'm too ill for public life

Fidel Castro, the Cuban leader, has said he is still not well enough to return to public life and campaign in the country's upcoming parliamentary elections.

Castro said in a letter published in several state-owned Cuban newspapers that he was "not physically able" to perform his public duties but would instead continue to write.

Guest anniebug

He's already dead. They're just getting their ducks in a row before they announce it.

He's already dead. They're just getting their ducks in a row before they announce it.

They do the same with Castro as they did with the Queen Mum. She was all mechanical by the time the batteries finally died

Damn! I got my e-mail notification of a new post on this thread and was working myself up thinking he'd finally done the decent thing.

Life is full of disappointment. :rolleyes:

I was so hoping that somebody had borrowed a clucking great JCB to dig one mother of a hole to bury, what has to be, the shitiest thread on DL.

Alas it was not to be. :rolleyes:

Cuba's revolutionary leader Fidel Castro becomes the country's youngest ever premier.

on the 16 Feb he has been the longest ruler of Cuba.

maybe he will pick tomoz to peck-out just to make it a good record

Guest Guest_Gwynhafyr_*

Not long to go then...

So how long are we going to give him? Me 6 -12 months.

12 months max. In reality, more like 9 - they'll take another 3 months to work out how to announce it to the people.

They'll probably wait until 3am in the morning and then leak it online, like they did this time.

Not long to go then...

Well hopefully he can last till 2009, just in time to make his last comeback....in my DDP team!

Of course there's always the WDP next month, if he can hang on a month or two...

Not long to go then...

I suspect he'll be hell-bent on lasting until GWB is out of office, and a black man is President of the USA. I predict February 2009. Viva Fidel! Viva Cuba!

Guest Robert Taft
Not long to go then...

I suspect he'll be hell-bent on lasting until GWB is out of office, and a black man is President of the USA. I predict February 2009. Viva Fidel! Viva Cuba!

John Mccain will be the next president of the USA. Hillary Clinton will choose the presidencial candidate for Democratic Party. Fidel Castro Ruz will live 6 months at most.

Y'know, I always thought the "Fidel is already dead" claims were baloney, but I am starting to wonder. I mean, this was a day, after all, of great significance - a day I never thought would actually come before his demise.

No final rant, no last televised appearance to the masses, nothing. Just a hastily put out message in the overnight press. Very strange...

I have no doubt he was still alive in 2007, but since then.. I don't know. Certainly it would appear Cuba is starting to go through the mechanisms for his passing, whether it's happened already, or is years away.

Personally, I think it's quite a sad day. Fidel wasn't a hero of mine - that would be stretching it too far - but I always have had great admiration for many of his more positive traits (not least sticking two fingers up & he has been someone who I have studied into a great deal & who was one of the main reasons I decided to visit Cuba before it becomes another bland US clone island. To end power like this was rather an anti-climax, certainly to how he took power originally.

And if he does go in 2008, no regrets in dropping him on the DDP. But I'll probably bring him back now in 2009. From a purely selfish point of view, if he is going to drop this year, if he could do it between late May-early July, that'll be ever so handy, otherwise I'll have a nervous breakdown with the DDP scoring update if it's any time soon or during my hols! :unsure:

Y'know, I always thought the "Fidel is already dead" claims were baloney, but I am starting to wonder. I mean, this was a day, after all, of great significance - a day I never thought would actually come before his demise.

No final rant, no last televised appearance to the masses, nothing. Just a hastily put out message in the overnight press. Very strange...

I have no doubt he was still alive in 2007, but since then.. I don't know. Certainly it would appear Cuba is starting to go through the mechanisms for his passing, whether it's happened already, or is years away.

Personally, I think it's quite a sad day. Fidel wasn't a hero of mine - that would be stretching it too far - but I always have had great admiration for many of his more positive traits (not least sticking two fingers up & he has been someone who I have studied into a great deal & who was one of the main reasons I decided to visit Cuba before it becomes another bland US clone island. To end power like this was rather an anti-climax, certainly to how he took power originally.

And if he does go in 2008, no regrets in dropping him on the DDP. But I'll probably bring him back now in 2009. From a purely selfish point of view, if he is going to drop this year, if he could do it between late May-early July, that'll be ever so handy, otherwise I'll have a nervous breakdown with the DDP scoring update if it's any time soon or during my hols! :unsure:

We all feel cheated OoO.

Many of us I'm sure would have wanted him to stubbornly appear gravely ill in public desperately clinging onto what ever power he had.