Grim Reaper

Fidel Castro

Via WikiLeaks

Cables dated 2007 show that 84-year-old Fidel Castro suffered a serious intestinal haemorrhage while on an internal flight in Cuba and the plane had to do an emergency landing to take him to hospital.

As his health was deteriorating a Madrid doctor was called over. He confirmed that Castro was not suffering from cancer and there had been botched colon surgery.

Cables from the US embassy in Caracas dated 2006 asked the secretary of state to intervene and warned President Chávez against a Venezuelan military intervention to defend the Cuban revolution in the eventuality of an American invasion after Castro's death.

Cut and paste of spanish cable shuved in and out of BabelFish...

The intestinal hemorrhage that four years ago on the brink of madness put to Fidel Castro the death produced on board an airplane that covered the route between Holguín and Havana, distant 734 kilometers, without doctor on board, reason why the plane had to land for the urgent hospitable entrance of the patient, in agreement with a credible Cuban medical report assumed as by the Section of Interests of the United States in Havana and transmitted the Department of State. The circumstances and characteristics of the disease of I castrate, of 84 years, originated in the heavy intestine, are a state secret from the same day in which the best doctors of Cuba were mobilized and, four months later, would travel to the island the Spanish Jose Luis Garci'a Sabrido, head of Surgery of the hospital Gregorio Marañón of Madrid, to reconsider the treatment. During months, correspondents, diplomats and intelligence services mobilized themselves to collect all the possible data on the case, and, sometimes, the disparity of the received data was remarkable. Fear to an armed intervention of Chávez in favor of the Cuban regime Cable on the crisis of I castrate flight in the heat of Cable on the reliability of the Spanish doctor who took care of I castrate Cable with calculations on the health of I castrate Cable with new speculations on the social effects of the disease of I castrate Cable on the disease of Fidel Castro Cable on the depression of Raul I castrate The fall of Perez and Lage left to the world connectionless with Cuba Fidel Castro THOROUGHLY Birth: 13-08-1926 Place: Mayarí Raul I castrate THOROUGHLY Birth: 03-06-1931 Place: Birán Cuba THOROUGHLY Capital: Havana. Government: Communist republic. Population: 11,423,952 (est. 2008) The news in other Webs Webs in Spanish in other languages The 14 of March of 2007, the Section of Interests received a report that describes the worsening of the health of Fidel Castro on the basis of the documentation contributed by a person who supposedly had access to the content of the clinical file: " I castrate it crosses a terminal state and it will undergo an inevitable deterioration of its mental faculties until the moment of its death. But it is not going to die inmediatamente" , Michael Parmly, the then diplomatic mission leader writes, that opposes the report received to official notices public of outstanding figures of Partido Cuban Comunista (PCC) on the return to the public life of I castrate. " We think that a definitive return is improbable, but Fidel Castro is now plus a presence between frames, and even on the scene, that what was several ago meses". Official data have hardly filtered and precise on the crisis that collapsed the head of the Cuban revolution, fitted during months to soundings, entered during two years in a dependency of the Center of Investigaciones Médico Quirúrgicas (CIMEQ) and transferred does one, approximately, to the familiar house, where it develops a quite active life. Some of the operations practiced to stop their serious stomach injuries failed, like the first strategy towards the rehabilitation of the patient, whose convalecencia has been complicated, and holds to frights and precise medical monitoring. Other cables of the diplomatic mission mention the disease of Fidel Castro, venture political scenes and comment the absences and presences of I castrate, but no approaches its clinical situation because they do not have information to do it. The dispatched medical report to Washington by the Section of Interests was compiled with the interview conducted by the person who provided the intelligence data. The cable nothing says on the informative sources of this person to write up it, although judging by his content it seems to have had access to some excellent elements. Thus it takes the medical report: " The disease began in the airplane from Holguín to Havana (note: after a day of intense activities, the 26 of July of the 2006. Aim of the note) ". To the being a short flight and to have doctor on board did not have to urgently land when detecting itself the hemorrhage. Colon diverticulitis was diagnosed him, that consists of the inflammation of the diverticula, protuberances in the final section of the intestine, that in the case of Fidel Castro caused a great hemorrhage to him. Perforation of the heavy intestine It presented/displayed a perforation in the heavy intestine and needed a colostomía, an opening in the outer part of the abdomen to eliminate remainder products until it heals the colon or another surgery takes place to him to replace the anus, " to that (I castrate) one was against, saying that they had to cut the infected part and to join the intestine to Columbus. Doctor (Eugene) Selman, head of the equipment, agreed, but the rest of doctors was against. Fidel, capriciously, opuso" , he continues the report. " Over the years, and to the salary infected the colon, the operation failed and the joined part separated. They had to operate to him again, but they ran into with a fistula (an abnormal connection between two organs), whose existence desconocían". The report picked up by the diplomatic legation of the USA adds that normally a fistula blocks the digestion of the food, and so Fidel Castro lost near 18 kilos and had to be fed with serum " and they used an apparatus made in Korea to treat the fistula, although without much éxito". It was then when Jose was called the Spanish doctor Luis Garci'a Sabrido, who discarded the existence of a cancer, " and it said that the Cuban equipment had done what that believed advisable but the correct thing had been one colostomía" , according to it is indicated in the cable of the head of the Section of Interests. " Then, it was come to the retirement of doctor Selman of the equipment, that now works in a use of smaller category in some lugar". At the age of Fidel Castro the disease is not curable, according to the report, and it will not allow him to return to the peak of the active control in Cuba. " It will not die immediately, but progressively it will lose his faculties and more will be debilitated until fallecimiento" happens;. The Section of Interests carries out its own valuations: " The report is consistent with our own evaluation of which probably Fidel Castro almost dies in July and October of 2006 (...) we need too many variables to predict whichever months will live Fidel Castro more. Frankly, nor the own one I castrate can determine it. , While it follows alive, nevertheless even disabled, its presence has a chilling and delaying effect in the Cuban society. The high expectations by the change are there, but they are associated essentially to the idea that the dictator must die so that some substantial change produzca". " What will happen when he dies? " , it does not title another office, that anticipates a scene of social convulsions either, nor alterations in questions of national security, and that anticipate that the Cuban Government will show his better face, as much commits like internationally. And it will be put special well-taken care of in " to assure that the Cuban society understands that Raul and the rest of the Government remains to mando". The Section of Interests " it has reviewed his procedures before the death of potential Fidel and is prepared to confront contingencias". A year after the intestinal crisis undergone by I castrate, another telegram of the diplomatic mission alludes to the death of Vilma Spin, wife of Raul I castrate, the 18 of June of 2007, to indicate that the present man to the control of Cuba " it always had fame of being a family man. He and Vilma Spin were much more that Fidel and anyone of their pairs. Some information indicate that when Fidel Castro fell disabled person, Raul I castrate underwent a depression, caused by the parallel terminal disease of their brother and his wife, and more because of (the loss) of their wife who by his hermano".

Fidel has taken a final bow it seems. A clealy frail and unsteady Fidel Castro has handed over all remaining powers to his brother Raul in an 'emotional' and probably final appearance on the world stage.

Quote:Correspondents at the closing stages of the congress said many delegates were in tears as Fidel was helped to his place on stage and stood for the national anthem.

The former president appeared unsteady on his feet as he clutched an aide's arm, and at times slumped into his chair.

So not looking too hoperful for Fidel

Guest bubblebobbler

I honestly don't know why he wasn't picked this year.

I honestly don't know why he wasn't picked this year.

Because he isn't as ill as he used to be.

:birthday: Fidel. :party:

85, quite a feat.

I wouldn't mind if it were his last, though.

regards,

Hein

In recent weeks there have been rising rumours of Fidel Castros death or serious illness.I am pleased to confirm today that those rumours have been proven false . This means he can still be a possible hit next year! Come on,you would have hated him to snuff it in a year when he's not on the list!

In recent weeks there have been rising rumours of Fidel Castros death or serious illness.I am pleased to confirm today that those rumours have been proven false . This means he can still be a possible hit next year! Come on,you would have hated him to snuff it in a year when he's not on the list!

When did you become his official spokesperson?

You haven't conformed anything - you've only read about it on the internet.

Well I'm confirming (I assume that's what you meant) it via the Guardian :smiley_f:

Well I'm confirming (I assume that's what you meant) it via the Guardian :smiley_f:

With regards my typo - your conforming wouldn't go a miss either.

Guest guest pedant

it's "amiss", typo king

it's "amiss", typo king

I will consider taking note of your advice when you learn to use capital letters and full stops.

Signing in wouldn't go "amiss" either...

Guest guest pedant

it's "amiss", typo king

I will consider taking note of your advice when you learn to use capital letters and full stops.

Signing in wouldn't go "amiss" either...

Seems like you did, with neither. Thanks.

2012 is too soon for Fidel he has his heart set on Celeb BB.

He's dead on Twitter again. I think after you're dead on Twitter five times you're legally dead. Castro and Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince are tied on four apiece currently.

He's dead on Twitter again. I think after you're dead on Twitter five times you're legally dead. Castro and Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince are tied on four apiece currently.

according to this from last month, "Fidel More Dead Than Kim Jong Il's Dead Body, Say Medical Experts"

Guest Comginee

i think he will not die in this year. There is no news about his bad health conditions. a few years ago when he was ill there were a lot of news about his health.

i think he will not die in this year. There is no news about his bad health conditions. a few years ago when he was ill there were a lot of news about his health.

He could always die in his sleep, never heard of natural causes?

With regards the above...

There was nothing wrong with my mates dad when he entered the travel shop to book a holiday for his 50th birthday...he left said shop in a body bag having suffered a massive heart attack. He was 49.

If ever there was an example of the unpredictability of death, that's surely it.