Grim Reaper

Fidel Castro

Theres specualation about what will happen when Fidel Castro dies.He has been looking frail lately and people are starting to plan for his death apparentely.worth keeping an eye on i would say

[Topics merged -- MH]

They were planning for the Queen Mum's funeral for well over 10 years. look at how long she survived

They started preparing for her death when she turned 60. Then 42 years later...

Second thought, he isn't on this years list. There for we can hope he has complications from the surgery, and slips into a coma. Then dies in January.

Second thought, he isn't on this years list. There for we can hope he has complications from the surgery, and slips into a coma. Then dies in January.

I second that.

And now back to the topic at hand...

Ahem... we were on the topic at hand.

Oh so you were...it was pissing and moaning 'twernt it? (or at least pissing) My mistake goodot...carry on then...

No Bruno you're quite right, the diversion had run its course and at this critical juncture in Fidel's life it is right and proper that his health is discussed. Mind that highly speculative stuff in your post did go on a bit, like one of Castro's speeches. I'd like to know more about his brother. Perhaps there's a chance of a rare double.

And now back to the topic at hand...

Ahem... we were on the topic at hand.

Oh so you were...it was pissing and moaning 'twernt it? (or at least pissing) My mistake goodot...carry on then...

No Bruno you're quite right, the diversion had run its course and at this critical juncture in Fidel's life it is right and proper that his health his discussed. Mind that highly speculative stuff in your post did go on a bit, like one of Castro's speeches. I'd like to know more about his brother. Perhaps there's a chance of a rare double.

Fidel who? :)

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but ...... I hope the Great Man survives and prospers.

Viva Fidel! Viva Che Guevara!

DDT :)

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but ...... I hope the Great Man survives and prospers.

I can think of worse political leaders.

I can think of worse political leaders.

That does seem to be the consensus regarding Castro, perhaps the closest leader

we've had to the notion of the 'Benevolent Dictator'.

No doubt someone will point out examples of tyranny and political malpractice, He

hasn't after all been leader of Cuba for so long without a fair bit of suppression.

But he's no monster on the scale of Stalin or Pol Pot, unless of course the stories

come out when he goes....

I wonder why all the exiled Cubans in Miami are celebrating, because even if he dies surely Ramon Castro will just thumb his nose at the US the way Fidel has done. And how about that for a coincidence? The leader of a country gets sick, and out of a population of more than 10 million, the person who takes over the reigns is none other than his own brother!!

Yeah, morphine will do that to you.

Guest Guest
I wonder why all the exiled Cubans in Miami are celebrating, because even if he dies surely Ramon Castro will just thumb his nose at the US the way Fidel has done. And how about that for a coincidence? The leader of a country gets sick, and out of a population of more than 10 million, the person who takes over the reigns is none other than his own brother!!

Just keeping it in the family I suppose....

Apparently the exiles wanted to wave placards, but they couldn't spell..... ;)

I wonder why all the exiled Cubans in Miami are celebrating, because even if he dies surely Ramon Castro will just thumb his nose at the US the way Fidel has done.

I was listening to a report on National Public Radio the other day - this question came up. The theory provided was that the Cuban exiles have personalized the situation to Fidel so closely that they can't seem to see beyond Fidel's death. For some reason, the exiles have entwined so much with him that all they can believe is that Fidel's death will change everything.

Talk about an incoming bomb.

;)

Guest iain

interesting developments on the Castro front while Ive been away on holiday.I wonder if they have found out that he is suffering from terminalk cancer or something-the next several weeks that his brother is in charge could be used for intensive chemotherapy perhaps-if theyve discovered advanced cancer thugh his chances of survival are very low.I think he will be dead by christmas