Grim Reaper

Fidel Castro

interesting developments on the Castro front while Ive been away on holiday.I wonder if they have found out that he is suffering from terminalk cancer or something-the next several weeks that his brother is in charge could be used for intensive chemotherapy perhaps-if theyve discovered advanced cancer thugh his chances of survival are very low.I think he will be dead by christmas

Iain,

Both Castro and Michael Foot have told me that they await your predictions with eager anticipation. I've heard especially that Michael Foot reads this forum and if you predict that he'll be dead by the weekend, he books a couple of hours skydiving lessons

interesting developments on the Castro front while Ive been away on holiday.I wonder if they have found out that he is suffering from terminalk cancer or something-the next several weeks that his brother is in charge could be used for intensive chemotherapy perhaps-if theyve discovered advanced cancer thugh his chances of survival are very low.I think he will be dead by christmas

Iain,

Both Castro and Michael Foot have told me that they await your predictions with eager anticipation. I've heard especially that Michael Foot reads this forum and if you predict that he'll be dead by the weekend, he books a couple of hours skydiving lessons

I didn't read the artical, but saw that it was titled 'Castro doing well after surgery'

It would be a real loss if he died and wasn't included on this years list. I don't think he will die, but I have learned from Aaron Spelling that media coverage is not always as accurate as it may seem.

O and in the end Iain's predictions were just dead wrong.

I can feel a headache comming my way with iain's return.

Did I say head ache? I meant brain tumour...

I can feel a headache comming my way with iain's return.

Did I say head ache? I meant brain tumour...

:( Oooh, a brain tumor (US spelling..I know, we're retards), how exciting. Will your death be imminent? :D

I just took some SPAM.

I just read on the CNN crawler that Castro is allegedly awake and sitting up in bed and eating.

I'll see if I can find a link on their website

oh here's a link

Castro 'will be back in weeks'

I have a feeling that if Castro does return, he's more likely to allow Raul to make most of the decisions and all Fidel has to do is agree to them

Guest iain

Iain,

ha ha bloody ha

Iain,

ha ha bloody ha

No problem Iain. If you're going to talk crap, then expect sarcasm.

Iain,

ha ha bloody ha

No problem Iain. If you're going to talk crap, then expect sarcasm.

Sarcasm in every use of the word. Rejection in every sense. Disrespected at all means...

Communism in Cuba; how long will it survive Castro's passing?

Communism in Cuba; how long will it survive Castro's passing?

Castro isn't dead yet. The outcome is impossible to predict. In my eyes, communism lives for years to come.

Aye, but when it falls it crashes and burns. Castro's on the way, even if he lives years more he's slipping past the point where he's fit to run a country. After Fidel, I reckon Cuba will get another communist leader who'll be lucky to survive months before a popular uprising forces a freer enconomy on the country. I reckon there'll be a techy but largely bloodless change akin to Hungary throwing off communism.

And their new president could possibly be Charles Kennedy.

Given that barely anyone has seen Fidel since his operation and all the speculation concerning his current health status. If he is really at death's door, chances are they won't announce anything to confirm that until after his 80th birthday.

He's eighty on Sunday, I reckon he'll make the day,doubt he'll be dancing too much at the party.

He's eighty on Sunday, I reckon he'll make the day,doubt he'll be dancing too much at the party.

What a coincidence. It's my grandfathers 80th Birthday on Sunday as well.

Too bad he's been dead for 15 years...

Former Castro buddy/later critic Gustavo Arcos has died, full story courtesy of the BBC

Former Castro buddy/later critic Gustavo Arcos has died, full story courtesy of the BBC

This is just terrible. Absolutely terrible. I never met Gus myself but as many of you know my Uncle Wilfie portrayed a man named Gus on a rather bland television show 2 decades ago so I am always saddened to see the obituary listing of anyone named Gus.

Guest iain

I have reliable info that Fidel Castro is close to death and is probably in his final days.Expect a dramatic announcement at any time.I expect him to die in the next 48 hours.I would not say this if i was not virtually certain of it.

I have reliable info that Fidel Castro is close to death and is probably in his final days.Expect a dramatic announcement at any time.I expect him to die in the next 48 hours.I would not say this if i was not virtually certain of it.

Michael Foot sure gave you the confidence to say that. :angry:

would not say this if i was not virtually certain of it.

Yeah Iain, but when you're certain the rest of us are often swapping information that relates to how many weeks or months people might have to live. I know this is the Deathlist Forum but how about you did more forum - like getting into some banter and soaking up the matchless intelligence and wit on offer from Banshees, OoO, Bruno, Tempus and the others - and less concentration on, like, death. When all's said and done the actual deaths are often something of an anti-climax anyway.

Iain,

Have you ever read the fable about the boy who cried wolf?

With the headline news on Rotten.com that Castro is "fighting for life" I've just popped in here to see what else is being said and notice that Iain is being Iain again!

All well and good, but lets really have your "inside information" source so we can judge if you are even barking up the right tree to be putting as accurate time line predictions together down to the last 48 hours. Sharon is still hanging on since January, so I'm not sure you can really come up with a figure like this in the first place without possibly looking very silly again within the space of the next few days.