Sign in to follow this  
Gooseberry Crumble

Raquel Welch

I've decided to start a thread for 77 year old glamour puss and actress Raquel Welch. Not just because I think she is deserving and has more than enough name recognition to warrant her own thread but because she has unusually stopped posting on all of her social media accounts twitter, Instagram and Facebook four months ago. 

This is making me suspect something may well seriously  be amiss with her health wise. 

Naturally there could be a reasonable alternative explanation but I suspect otherwise and think it is worth flagging up. 

Gorgeous picture is from her breakout film role that jumpstarted her career. 

• Like 3

Still incredibly  beautiful and in good form in her seventies although I'm not sure I believe her when she implies most of it is down to yoga and diet.

Perhaps I'm just too  cynical.... :P;)

16 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Still incredibly  beautiful and in good form in her seventies although I'm not sure I believe her when she implies most of it is down to yoga and diet.

Perhaps I'm just too  cynical.... :P;)

Aye well...

Not exactly an "I'm fading" Zsa Zsa job, then

DL 2035 or thereabouts, then

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye well...

Not exactly an "I'm fading" Zsa Zsa job, then

DL 2035 or thereabouts, then

Looks can be deceptive! She stopped posting on social media over four months ago very suddenly.... 

Perhaps she doesn't trust fb and its pals anymore after the data mining that is now proved to be true?

Lack of activity on its own doesn't really mean owt , I've not been on fb this year, mainly down to needing 'messenger' which I will not download.

tbh when I heard about the Facebook thing I went directly to the "download your data" bit and found they'd kept some word docs I'd misplaced years ago. So 'mon Big Brother. :D

Though the wankers could have told me at the time when I was bemoaning the loss. :P

On 29/03/2018 at 23:22, charon said:

Perhaps she doesn't trust fb and its pals anymore after the data mining that is now proved to be true?

Lack of activity on its own doesn't really mean owt , I've not been on fb this year, mainly down to needing 'messenger' which I will not download.

Maybe. Perhaps. But her signing out of all of her Social media accounts and not only not posting but not interacting and giving likes to her showbiz 'pals'  like Alana Stewart and Jaclyn Smith's photos and posts predates the Facebook scandal. 

I've just got a suspicion something more serious maybe amiss. 

Even a botched  cosmetic operation eg a facelift wouldn't cause a 4 month absence. 

Every schoolboy's fantasy (back when I was a schoolboy), no doubt due to the frequent broadcasts of One Million Years BC at Saturday teatime.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Every schoolboy's fantasy (back when I was a schoolboy), no doubt due to the frequent broadcasts of One Million Years BC at Saturday teatime.

Maybe not every schoolboy...:lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Maybe not every schoolboy...:lol:

Probably right, but no-one would ever admit she wasn't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Probably right, but no-one would ever admit she wasn't.

I remember all the kids at my school absolutely dissing ABBA as the worst music ever.

Then you'd turn up at their house, and there'd be a sneaky copy of Arrival in among the rest of their albums. ;)

• Haha 2

Absolute goddess.  Sad news.

• Like 1

One of the most stunningly beautiful people to ever walk this Earth.  And I say this as a gay dude, so, yeah, grain of salt I guess.  Still, she was an absolute bombshell in her prime, and was still spectacularly beautiful even in her 40's and 50's.  I also hold a special place for her in my heart because she figures prominently in my favorite scene ever in what I think is the greatest film ever made, The Shawshank Redemption.  No, she doesn't act in it, but for those who are familiar with the movie, of course it's her poster from One Million Years B.C. that is on the wall when it's revealed that Andy has escaped.   

Rest well, Ms. Welch.  

• Like 2

A likely contender for the last entry of the TCM Remembers 2023

1 hour ago, markb4 said:

A likely contender for the last entry of the TCM Remembers 2023

No way man. More prominent names will definitely kick the bucket.

• Like 1

Raquel Welch died of cardiac arrest and was suffering from Alzheimer's.

• Like 1