Paul Bearer

WTF is happening in London?

1 hour ago, charon said:

Their Imperialist cousins in London Yanksville have stepped it up a bit.

Going old skool with offing cuntos with an arrow.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/man-struck-with-arrow-suffers-life-threatening-injuries-london-police

Yanksville? Canuckistan, London Ontario given the fleg on the meatwagon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

Yanksville? Canuckistan, London Ontario given the fleg on the meatwagon.

Oops, I thought Ohio, but I see LondonOnt as part of the tweet .......

20 minutes ago, charon said:

Tube Stations seem to be a favourite place.

Another deid outside one.

https://www.irvinetimes.com/news/national-news/17538003.man-stabbed-to-death-outside-london-tube-station/

Departure time 2-37pm according to the story

So not midnight then.

April is the cruellest month. One day in. Kentish Town stabbing leaves man dead    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47781453

Edmonton knifeman 'strikes again' as man in his 30s fights for life after early-hours knife attack in same street as one of the four previous stabbings    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/edmonton-knifeman-strikes-again-as-man-in-his-30s-fights-for-life-after-early-hours-knife-attack-in-same-street-as-one-of-the-four-previous-stabbings/ar-BBVwaGk?ocid=spartanntp

7 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Edmonton knifeman 'strikes again' as man in his 30s fights for life after early-hours knife attack in same street as one of the four previous stabbings    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/edmonton-knifeman-strikes-again-as-man-in-his-30s-fights-for-life-after-early-hours-knife-attack-in-same-street-as-one-of-the-four-previous-stabbings/ar-BBVwaGk?ocid=spartanntp

Thursday : Somebody will be stabbed

Saturday: Some body will be stabbed

Tuesday: somebody will be stabbed.

Probably.

You are going down the path of the  'No shit Sherlock' style of posting.

We are perfectly aware of how many people are being stabbed, it's reported here every sodding day.

• Haha 1

On 29/03/2019 at 19:16, charon said:

Tube Stations seem to be a favourite place.

Another deid outside one.

https://www.irvinetimes.com/news/national-news/17538003.man-stabbed-to-death-outside-london-tube-station/

Could be a popular 'meeting' place for a fight or drug drop.

There is blood on the liberals hands that voted weaksadiq into power. Police officers policing twitter, banning bikini models off of buses and can find extra police to guard mosques after a shooting 1000s of miles away but can't find extra funds/police for a stabbing murder epidemic. Also liberals who call stop and search racist have blood on their hands too. You want offended black men or dead black men?

9 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Could be a popular 'meeting' place for a fight or drug drop.

There is blood on the liberals hands that voted weaksadiq into power. Police officers policing twitter, banning bikini models off of buses and can find extra police to guard mosques after a shooting 1000s of miles away but can't find extra funds/police for a stabbing murder epidemic. Also liberals who call stop and search racist have blood on their hands too. You want offended black men or dead black men?

If I am honest, what happens in London can stay there, I give not a shit.

I am not convinced that the 'liberals' voted Khan in, it is one of the most multi cultural cities on Planet Earth so, I would expect, his support came from various sections of London society.

I do agree that he is a posturing little prick who has his priorities totally skewed but, again, the folk of London voted him in and they can suffer the consequences.

He may well be able to find extra funds had he not thrown every spare ha'penny and the kitchen sink into TFL, something that is heavily subsidised even though passenger numbers have fallen.

London is one of the richest cities in the world, Khan can find the money from within the city and not from the taxpayers residing outside of it.

Ultimately, we understand who is most likely to be carrying knives and who will be the victims.

We have an  understanding that  Airports like Stansted  have highly trained  security teams who are going to check on 84 year old Minnie Biggs from Ilford because she may be a shoe bomber and carry explosive liquids in her colostomy bag.

Criminal profiling encompasses all because to do otherwise is....well lets leave it there.

It's all fucking pointless, actually.

Sadiq is not perfect, but the rise in stabbings got well underway under Boris' watch.  While that lying, lazy, nepotistic narcissist was too busy wasting money on illegal water cannons and pointless bridges.

Although, in truth, this specific problem isn't BoJo's doing either. The mayor of London doesn't have funds to hire policemen. The drop in police numbers is entirely down to Tory national policies, and is a national problem, not just a London one. Alongside the annihilation of funding for youth and outreach projects.  And the general rise in inequality.  

Changing london's mayor will do nothing to address any of these issues. The problem lies in Westminster. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

Sadiq is not perfect, but the rise in stabbings got well underway under Boris' watch.  While that lying, lazy, nepotistic narcissist was too busy wasting money on illegal water cannons and pointless bridges.

Although, in truth, this specific problem isn't BoJo's doing either. The mayor of London doesn't have funds to hire policemen. The drop in police numbers is entirely down to Tory national policies, and is a national problem, not just a London one. Alongside the annihilation of funding for youth and outreach projects.  And the general rise in inequality.  

Changing london's mayor will do nothing to address any of these issues. The problem lies in Westminster. 

Yes they do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47252505

In the mean time.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/26/tfl-to-borrow-350m-after-crossrail-delay-drives-it-into-the-red

Yes, the Tories are a bunch of cunts, a lack of Police is a nationwide issue but, unlike the rest of the UK, or 98.2% of it,  London has riches that are being spunked away by a tin pot twat who spends more time massaging his profile than actually doing what he was put in office to do, run London like a fucking pro.

As for the 'annihilation of funding for youth and outreach projects, exactly what the fuck do you think Londons yoof was doing decades ago and long before that when there was absolutely fuck all funding available in whole swathes of the city and as much poverty as there is now?

'Community leaders' 'youth leaders' bull shitters and crap parenting, whatever the scenario, throwing money at the youth is not going to solve the problems that are so entrenched in areas of our society not even a bomb will shift it.

Poor housing? I lived in one, privately rented, couldn't get a Council house for love nor money so had to make do with handmade quilts packed with old clothes to keep us warm in the winter when ice used to form on the insides of our windows.

Don't tell me about how a lack of Police, no yoof clubs and ' not being able to reach out to those unfortunate souls' is integral to a surge in murder and mayhem on the streets because it is not.

Inequality? Yeah, thats got so much worse..:rolleyes:

It's drugs.

Who the fuck is going to work for a minimum wage when they can earn £10K a week shipping coke around middle England using kids.

For somebody who is clearly intelligent, you talk the same kind of shit that is spewed by folk who think they fully get it, can feel it but have never lived it.

Just like Jeremy, actually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Oh please not the youth centres arguement again. If some young black man is vexed or feels he has been disrespected I fail to see how a youth centre will stop him getting a knife and looking for revenge . Youth centres infact would make the situation all the more worse it would corale all the young together in one small space and  the percentage of violence would be increased. Unless people recognise this is partly a racial and cultural issue it will never be dealt with.  If you want to know what unlimited funding for youth projects and  outreach projects look like , read up on keeping kids company . Giving the yoof tax money for new trainers , weed , employing family members and paying off mortgages and that is just the beginning we haven't talked about the child abuse . 23m  pound annually wasted. If funding solves this then Westminster should have a very low crime rate , especially since 10s of millions have been pumped into the area by keeping kids company . But guess what it has one of the highest crime rates in all of london . So why didn't all that funding bring down or at least reduce crime /stabbings etc? Also its not drill music or video games either these are all copouts to avoid talking about the real issue.

https://www.finder.com/uk/london-crime-statistics

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/596502/REVEALED-True-scale-cash-black-hole-Kids-Company-closed-3m-bailout

I grew up in a very poor area and a poor family . It made me work hard to be richer and give my kids a better life , I didn't turn to crime or decide to go out stabbing people . So I maybe were raised differently to those who are deciding to stab and commit crimes. So that means the problem lays within the home and the culture . You set an example to your children if you grow up in a hard working crime free household ,most of the time the child grows up to be a hard working and productive member of society . If you grow up in a crime ridden violent household how do you think that child will turn out? Black parents need to be better parents its as simple as that. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Read the article you linked. Central gvt funding for the met was cut to the tune of £850m. The mayor's office has a much smaller budget, and he was only able to make up the shortfall to the tune of £234m. This action itself being opposed by the gvt. 

19 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Inequality? Yeah, thats got so much worse..:rolleyes:

Life expectancy in England is falling among those on a low income even as it rises among those on a high income. https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthinequalities/bulletins/healthstatelifeexpectanciesbyindexofmultipledeprivationimd/2015to2017?fbclid=IwAR1mNpCce7MgGUP2Etz8l0KanWoVIhfp5BFiyXuZyIWwJTehecjV3TK-_1g#life-expectancy-and-healthy-life-expectancy-in-england-by-the-index-of-multiple-deprivation-2015-imd15-2015-to-2017 Tell me a greater example of inequality than that. 

Meanwhile, drugs are indeed a growing problem, but such problems do not grow in a vacuum.  Cuts to police numbers, education, social services and youth programs all contribute to this.

@theengineer,

There's a fair bit of evidence that youth programs can prevent crime. 

https://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug03/youth

https://www.povertyactionlab.org/blog/8-22-18/how-keep-youth-away-crime

But what's really been shown to work has been an integrated approach across multiple services; halving homicides across Glasgow in ten years, for instance https://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/97620/how-to-solve-knife-crime

I strongly suspect that if people had simply blamed Scottish parenting, nothing would have changed. 

3 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Read the article you linked. Central gvt funding for the met was cut to the tune of £850m. The mayor's office has a much smaller budget, and he was only able to make up the shortfall to the tune of £234m. This action itself being opposed by the gvt. 

Life expectancy in England is falling among those on a low income even as it rises among those on a high income. https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthinequalities/bulletins/healthstatelifeexpectanciesbyindexofmultipledeprivationimd/2015to2017?fbclid=IwAR1mNpCce7MgGUP2Etz8l0KanWoVIhfp5BFiyXuZyIWwJTehecjV3TK-_1g#life-expectancy-and-healthy-life-expectancy-in-england-by-the-index-of-multiple-deprivation-2015-imd15-2015-to-2017 Tell me a greater example of inequality than that. 

Meanwhile, drugs are indeed a growing problem, but such problems do not grow in a vacuum.  Cuts to police numbers, education, social services and youth programs all contribute to this.

@theengineer,

There's a fair bit of evidence that youth programs can prevent crime. 

https://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug03/youth

https://www.povertyactionlab.org/blog/8-22-18/how-keep-youth-away-crime

But what's really been shown to work has been an integrated approach across multiple services; halving homicides across Glasgow in ten years, for instance https://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/97620/how-to-solve-knife-crime

I strongly suspecf that if people had simply blamed Scottish parenting, nothing would have changed. 

As per usual you have scooted over the salient points because, in your own mind, statistical data is where it's at for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth' and all that shizzle.

My post was clear about Police finding in London, it is KHANS responsibility, not the rest of the UKs. If you want a Mayor then you have to go the whole hog and not cherry pick the bits you want and get rid of the bits you do not. Khan has lumbered the taxpayers of London with a small country's worth of debt because he has subsidised TFL, its fares and its rail projects. 

He can do that but he cannot put even more money into law enforcement?:sherlock:

That was the point that went over your head ( much does) he has authority over one of the most powerful and richest cities on earth and he has powers beyond the average council, way beyond. He is, to all intents and purposes, King of his Kingdom or summat.

If London needs more funding for Police it can just fuck off and get it from Londoners and people that frequent the place. I do neither and I do not want a ha'penny of my taxes going to fund any square meter of it.

Youth crime? Poverty? It was like Scarman never donned the cape and cut a swathe through  Brixton, Broadwater Farm and all of those other places of abject poverty and rioting that happened all that time ago, probably when your mum was a young girl.

The money was poured into solving the issues yet here we are decades later and it is worse than ever.

Lets balance that with the citizens of the India sub continent and give a special mention to those Ugandan Asians who were kicked out of Uganda back in, around 1971. Most, if not all arrived here without a pot to piss in yet, within a decade became home owners, business owners and had children who were high achievers.

They too lived in the shittiest areas, went to the shittiest schools and suffered discrimination in the workplace, the streets and racism that was epic and staggering at the same time. 

Somewhat a different turn out, eh?

Stick to your stats, they bring you comfort, I prefer to stick to the realities.

What London needs to do is bring back the death penalty. Right now a 17 year old can shoot anyone he feels slights him in the slightest way and only get a slap on the wrist becuase the EU liberals think punishing people for crimes is a crime against humanity. I betcha way less murders would be happening if there was actual consequences. 

16 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

As per usual you have scooted over the salient points because, in your own mind, statistical data is where it's at for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth' and all that shizzle.

My post was clear about Police finding in London, it is KHANS responsibility, not the rest of the UKs. If you want a Mayor then you have to go the whole hog and not cherry pick the bits you want and get rid of the bits you do not. Khan has lumbered the taxpayers of London with a small country's worth of debt because he has subsidised TFL, its fares and its rail projects. 

He can do that but he cannot put even more money into law enforcement?:sherlock:

That was the point that went over your head ( much does) he has authority over one of the most powerful and richest cities on earth and he has powers beyond the average council, way beyond. He is, to all intents and purposes, King of his Kingdom or summat.

If London needs more funding for Police it can just fuck off and get it from Londoners and people that frequent the place. I do neither and I do not want a ha'penny of my taxes going to fund any square meter of it.

Youth crime? Poverty? It was like Scarman never donned the cape and cut a swathe through  Brixton, Broadwater Farm and all of those other places of abject poverty and rioting that happened all that time ago, probably when your mum was a young girl.

The money was poured into solving the issues yet here we are decades later and it is worse than ever.

Lets balance that with the citizens of the India sub continent and give a special mention to those Ugandan Asians who were kicked out of Uganda back in, around 1971. Most, if not all arrived here without a pot to piss in yet, within a decade became home owners, business owners and had children who were high achievers.

They too lived in the shittiest areas, went to the shittiest schools and suffered discrimination in the workplace, the streets and racism that was epic and staggering at the same time. 

Somewhat a different turn out, eh?

Stick to your stats, they bring you comfort, I prefer to stick to the realities.

I tend to debate such factual statements as you try and post, and ignore the general statements of opinion, for better or worse (for instance, I would very much dispute the "worse than ever" claim - every year in the 1990s saw more homicides in London than 2018 did https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London#Crime_statistics).

Khan doesn't have the same revenues to play with in terms of funding as the gvt. He has council taxes and TFL revenues and a small grant from the gvt.  As with the rest of the country, the police are primarily dependent on central gvt funding, because they control the main pursestrings.  ("Across England and Wales for 2018/19, 68% of funding received by police forces is set to come from central government, and 32% from local taxation." https://fullfact.org/crime/police-funding-england-and-wales/).  

As for changing the subject to the relative integration and success of different minority groups... Ugandan Asian refugees came with a ton of high level skills, having been working in high level occupations in Uganda beforehand. Naturally they did particularly well. As did jewish refugees fleeing nazi germany.  They really weren't in the sane position of systemic disadvantage as people in Britain's established white underclass, never mind its newer black underclass. 

Having been up London yesterday, it was noticeable that I saw a lot more Police visible (both Met and BTP), but that could be down to the FA Cup semi final yesterday and I was passing through Victoria with a lot of Brighton fans after the match. 

However i I was much more aware that around Holborn/Covent Garden that the locals were much more on the look out for suspect behaviour- even got questioned myself for hanging around a gate line at Holborn tube (my mates Oyster card went Tits hence my hanging around with a briefcase) so perhaps the increased visibility/press is slowing seeping into the Londoners mind.

Still a great City to visit IMHO, but like anything you have to be just more aware.

5 hours ago, paddyfool said:

I tend to debate such factual statements as you try and post, and ignore the general statements of opinion, for better or worse (for instance, I would very much dispute the "worse than ever" claim - every year in the 1990s saw more homicides in London than 2018 did https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London#Crime_statistics).

Khan doesn't have the same revenues to play with in terms of funding as the gvt. He has council taxes and TFL revenues and a small grant from the gvt.  As with the rest of the country, the police are primarily dependent on central gvt funding, because they control the main pursestrings.  ("Across England and Wales for 2018/19, 68% of funding received by police forces is set to come from central government, and 32% from local taxation." https://fullfact.org/crime/police-funding-england-and-wales/).  

As for changing the subject to the relative integration and success of different minority groups... Ugandan Asian refugees came with a ton of high level skills, having been working in high level occupations in Uganda beforehand. Naturally they did particularly well. As did jewish refugees fleeing nazi germany.  They really weren't in the sane position of systemic disadvantage as people in Britain's established white underclass, never mind its newer black underclass. 

It is not changing the subject, it is integral to understanding the core issues pertaining to the crime epidemic this thread is about.

As a point of fact, 99% of Ugandan asians that fled Amin ended up cleaning floors and doing triple shifts in factories to make ends meet. There ultimate success was down to sheer hard work and determination to better themselves.

Even the Jewish  refugees ended up here with just the clothes they were wearing, you seem at assume that they all just migrated over and took up civil servant jobs with the ministry or something.

Systematic disadvantage, as you call it, can be overcome, it has been done a zillion times over. 

There has been such disadvantages in our modern society for way longer than you, me or previous generations of our families have existed.

My great grandparents were immigrants into this country at the turn of the last century.

They had to live in the slums of East London without any of the safety nets we take for granted now.

Maybe they succeeded because they were white working class Jews..:rolleyes:

I've said my bit. 

That is all.