Paul Bearer

WTF is happening in London?

37 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

Having been up London yesterday, it was noticeable that I saw a lot more Police visible (both Met and BTP), but that could be down to the FA Cup semi final yesterday and I was passing through Victoria with a lot of Brighton fans after the match. 

However i I was much more aware that around Holborn/Covent Garden that the locals were much more on the look out for suspect behaviour- even got questioned myself for hanging around a gate line at Holborn tube (my mates Oyster card went Tits hence my hanging around with a briefcase) so perhaps the increased visibility/press is slowing seeping into the Londoners mind.

Still a great City to visit IMHO, but like anything you have to be just more aware.

It is a brilliant City if you stick to the places that the tourist board prefers you to go.

Last year I went and had a brilliant time at Shakespeares Globe, the Tower of London and other places.

I may well have been born there, lived there and visited the usual haunts many times but London is still magical and it absolutely shits all over Paris for friendly service alone.

It's just a shed load of other parts of the city that have become utter gash.

Mind you, having had the shit kicked out of me on the hills of Ally Pally in around 1975 I can confirm that London was still a den of violence even then.

It's part of the reason my parents got off of their arses and moved us all out to Essex, which was, at the time, a paradise.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It is not changing the subject, it is integral to understanding the core issues pertaining to the crime epidemic this thread is about.

As a point of fact, 99% of Ugandan asians that fled Amin ended up cleaning floors and doing triple shifts in factories to make ends meet. There ultimate success was down to sheer hard work and determination to better themselves.

Even the Jewish  refugees ended up here with just the clothes they were wearing, you seem at assume that they all just migrated over and took up civil servant jobs with the ministry or something.

Systematic disadvantage, as you call it, can be overcome, it has been done a zillion times over. 

There has been such disadvantages in our modern society for way longer than you, me or previous generations of our families have existed.

My great grandparents were immigrants into this country at the turn of the last century.

They had to live in the slums of East London without any of the safety nets we take for granted now.

Maybe they succeeded because they were white working class Jews..:rolleyes:

I've said my bit. 

That is all.

Any stats for these claims or are you just going to assume were going to take everything you say about those times as gospel truth even if "your reality" doesn't exactly match up with what the data shows. Unless you provide evidence of anything you I  am going to dismiss it as bullshit. And tbh your last few lines  is a perfect demonstration of how classical liberalism leads to rascism. You believe that rascism is gone from society and that those who work the hardest will succeed no matter what this naive world view is busted the moment paddy shows you that rascism is still prevalent in society. So now you two options 1. Admit your rosey view of hard work being the sole indicator of success is wrong and that many still have unfair barriers keeping them from achieving orgasm i mean success or 2. Keep those rosey glass on and continue to view those who are stuck in unfortunate situations and those of certain races as just not working hard enough. And sadly it seems you have chosen option 2.

6 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Any stats for these claims or are you just going to assume were going to take everything you say about those times as gospel truth even if "your reality" doesn't exactly match up with what the data shows. Unless you provide evidence of anything you I  am going to dismiss it as bullshit. And tbh your last few lines  is a perfect demonstration of how classical liberalism leads to rascism. You believe that rascism is gone from society and that those who work the hardest will succeed no matter what this naive world view is busted the moment paddy shows you that rascism is still prevalent in society. So now you two options 1. Admit your rosey view of hard work being the sole indicator of success is wrong and that many still have unfair barriers keeping them from achieving orgasm i mean success or 2. Keep those rosey glass on and continue to view those who are stuck in unfortunate situations and those of certain races as just not working hard enough. And sadly it seems you have chosen option 2.

You are a prick. 

My point was that racism alone is not a reason in itself to justify why sections within our society are failing and failing badly.

I have also stated that living in poverty will also not be a reason alone as to why we have the issues we have.

I have given examples regarding other members of our society that will also have faced racism, prejudice and disadvantages but have still forged forwards in life.

I spent the most formative years of my life with friends who were from all religions and backgrounds, I went to schools that were more representative of the UN than North London and come from Eastern European Jewish stock who came into the UK, with many others, and had to start from scratch.

My great Grandparents could not even speak English when they arrived so were doubly disadvantaged.

I am no racist. Cunt

My 'point' is that unless we address the issues surrounding shit parenting, shit schooling ( it is the easy option to expel kids out of the system) and deal with the sheer inertia by whole swathes of communities that want every thing brought to them because they feel it is pointless getting out there and doing something then we are fucked.

Racism has never gone away, that is separate to what is happening in London, there is a core issue with a core section of the public.

They have not had it much worse than others in a similar situation, the gang culture has grown and it has become very lucrative.

Fuck off.

Stabbity stab stab stab...stab stab stab stab.

This time it's outside the Home Office. Is Patel on holiday? Are we Priti vacant?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Is Patel on holiday? Are we Priti vacant?

Off on a Holiday in the Sun, perhaps, the Silly Thing.

• Like 2

Going to London in a few weeks.  On the plane think I'll read some stabitha christie then go to a restaurant for a lamb Shank.  Get off on backstabbing central and back to hotel watch blade Runner and then finish off the holiday by getting mugged and not appreciated. 

Is anyone running a poll on how many will die this year on the streets of London? It looks to be a record breaking one. I go for 141.  As of September 6, there have been 99 violent deaths in the capital.  (caveat: knife deaths)

24 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Is anyone running a poll on how many will die this year on the streets of London? It looks to be a record breaking one. I go for 141.  As of September 6, there have been 99 violent deaths in the capital.  (caveat: knife deaths)

Rookies.

”There were 138 shootings, including 30 homicides, in Detroit during the 29 days since summer started (June 21). That compares with 94 shootings and 18 homicides during the same period last year (2018), according to Detroit police statistics.

SirC, proud Detroiter

25 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Rookies.

”There were 138 shootings, including 30 homicides, in Detroit during the 29 days since summer started (June 21). That compares with 94 shootings and 18 homicides during the same period last year (2018), according to Detroit police statistics.

SirC, proud Detroiter

So say Detroit has 30 deaths every 3 months (June to now) that's 120 a year. You're telling me London has a worse murder rate than Detroit despite a ban on guns?  Though  London's population is way much bigger. 

37 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Rookies.

SirC, proud Detroiter

Yes but you lot do not play fair. You have guns. Easy street as far as murdering is concerned. Knife crime takes effort. No wonder obesity is over the hill over there. (though we are not too far behind)

If the punishment for stabbing someone was a bullet in the head most of these fake hardmen'd toss their knives in the Thames overnight and start carrying around floral tributes to whack eachother with. 

• Like 2

A stabbing and subsequent gunfire at London Bridge this afternoon. Numerous people injured.

On my way to London via train fucksake.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

It's a massive city - you'll be fine.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

It's a massive city - you'll be fine.

probably...

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sean said:

maybe you should start a members dead pool before you go

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, runebomme said:

maybe you should start a members dead pool before you go

Nope I to the disappointment of many and the joy of a limited few am still very much alive.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nope I to the disappointment of many and the joy of a limited few am still very much alive. 

There's no reaction emoticon for 'pleased about that, and against all odds too', so 'like' will have to suffice.

• Haha 1

@Grim Up North   I am nominating that for Post of the Year 2019 (though I am not embedding the damn thing)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sean said:

So you say... :sherlock:

On 29/11/2019 at 14:56, The Quim Reaper said:

A stabbing and subsequent gunfire at London Bridge this afternoon. Numerous people injured.

And the first ever anti-terrorist use of a Narwhal tusk!!!

14 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

And the first ever anti-terrorist use of a Narwhal tusk!!!

Much kudos to the polish chef who put a handy narwhal tusk on the wall to good use, and all the others who helped take down this murderer.

16 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Start as you mean to go on. 89 stabbings to go in order to match 2019.  "Murder investigation after stabbing in Finsbury Park, London"  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50988434

Yeah well, we all know why that is.

They closed all the yoof clubs.