Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Betty Ford

Not that I mean to split hairs, but Betty Ford turns 93 in April. The DL frontpage lists her as 95. :burnash:

Guest HC Here
Recently?

Old age and somebody not too far away from her carking in the last week. Worth reminding ourselves that Jim Callaghan and his missus went weeks apart whey they died.

Betty's got form in the form of cancer and alcoholism, all told she's doing well to breathe now. She'll either cark it quick or star in a reality show with Nancy Reagan where they come out as gay lovers and invite us in to watch.

Death would be the prettier option, IMHO.

Nancy Reagan and Betty Ford could team up to do the sort of skits The Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young used to do together on WWE shows. Take two old ladies, dirty talk, sex toys, and some booze and let the laughs roll.

Yep. Ms. Betty Ford is number 5 for 2011. Died Friday night July 8. Same age as Gerald when he died.

how did zsa zsa survive Betty Ford???

the same way she survived the other 11 people on last years and this years lists who've died since she was given the last rites last august!still thats 3 hits in a row that have been females so maybe the run will continue with Zsa Zsa...

Incidentally (useless fact alert).. this is the first time in deathlists history that there has ever been 3 female deaths in a row from the list

Ladies and gentleman our streak is over.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/08/betty.for....html?hpt=hp_t1

Betty Ford has died aged 93.

Hallelujah! finally after 3 months as a member of deathlist the first hit !

oh, condollences to the family and friends of Betty Ford of course..

So you are the one who jinxed us! :)

Was it worth the wait?

Ladies and gentleman our streak is over.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/07/08/betty.for....html?hpt=hp_t1

Betty Ford has died aged 93.

Hallelujah! finally after 3 months as a member of deathlist the first hit !

oh, condollences to the family and friends of Betty Ford of course..

So you are the one who jinxed us! :)

Was it worth the wait?

not as satisfying as Maggie Thatcher would have been but it'll do for now..

By not dying first.

By not dying first.

>>> But she was slowing falling to pieces, like a rusty old muscle car, that rattles bravely, yet disolved irreplaceable parts crumble to the road like mufflers, mirrors, hubcaps, lug nuts, the door chewed up and full of blister rust, so much if the wind touches it makes a sand sound (think of a rain stick), and puffs into the wind. ect. Zsa Zsa lost what now leg, and some other vital organs.

wow is all I can say.

By not dying first.

>>> But she was slowing falling to pieces, like a rusty old muscle car, that rattles bravely, yet disolved irreplaceable parts crumble to the road like mufflers, mirrors, hubcaps, lug nuts, the door chewed up and full of blister rust, so much if the wind touches it makes a sand sound (think of a rain stick), and puffs into the wind. ect. Zsa Zsa lost what now leg, and some other vital organs.

wow is all I can say.

like an old Ford perhaps?

By not dying first.

wow is all I can say.

like an old Ford perhaps?

:)

That pretty well describes most of the cars I've had when I've finally been forced to replace them. :)

Its because Zsa Zsa Gabor's and Betty Ford's families have very different ways in releasing information to the media. It seems with Zsa Zsa the family wants to reveal every single detail immediately about her condition including paparazzi pictures of her being wheeled around by paramedics.

With Betty Ford the family has been very secretive, this was the case even when Gerald Ford was still around but was harder to do with an ex-president. The word from some news sources is that Betty Ford died from complications of a stroke in a hospital where she had been for a few days before. So her hospitalization was not even public news until after her death, in fact the woman was pretty much a hermit since her husband's funeral. This is how I expected her to go, just all of a sudden we would learn that she dies one day because we knew almost nothing about her condition. I was at the Ford presidential museum in Grand Rapids, Michigan last September and even asked about the state of her health and they just said she was living a low key life in her house and her health was fine but in reality I don't think even they knew.

I did see the president's and what will be her final resting place along the river in downtown Grand Rapids. She died just six days before what would have been her husband's 98th birthday on the 14th. The timing is just right for her to be entombed on her husband's birthday.

In late 2006 I had somewhat of a premonition that Gerald Ford would die at the very end of the ear, in fact I posted on Christmas day 2006 on the Gerald Ford thread that it would be interesting for him to die on the December 26th with it being the 34th anniversary of Harry Truman's death on 12/26/72 and he did die the next day. Also this year, 2011, I felt that Gerald Ford's birthday this year on July 14th would have some significance, perhaps that Betty Ford would die on that day or close to it, I should have posted that on here but I didn't want to feel crazy. Also like her husband she died at age 93 so there is significance there. She did die pretty close to the date and if her burial is indeed on the 14th I think I have something going here.

Chicago, I enjoy reading your observations about Presidents and First Ladies. Look in the Nancy Reagan thread and I am curious to know what you think about my speculation, regarding George HW & Barbara Bush.

Apparantely the funeral starts today and lasts till thursday.Thats one hell of a big bag of popcorn I'm going to have to buy then..

That pretty well describes most of the cars I've had when I've finally been forced to replace them. :o

>>> You should play a game with your terminal cars, it's so much fun. When you know the car is slowly petering out, and maitenance such as engine upgrades is unfeasable, just maintain your car to the bear minimum, ie breaks, oil, but let the engine slowly decay like ZsaThachzsa, and see how many DLers it can outlast. Of course do the minimum for safe running of the car. Like you don't want to burn your oil out, when you're on a Freeway, or the car dies out in the middle of a winter, or something.

My 92 Hyundai, out lasted many dictators from 2006-2008, ending with Suharto.. My joker.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh satisfying.

Chicago, I enjoy reading your observations about Presidents and First Ladies. Look in the Nancy Reagan thread and I am curious to know what you think about my speculation, regarding George HW & Barbara Bush.

Barbara Bush will be attending a ceremony on Thursday - as will Bill Clinton.

No mention of George H. W. Bush.

Well she actually was buried on what would have been Gerald Ford's 98th birthday, July 14th. Potential deathlisters that attended at least one of the services include Nancy Reagan and Dick Cheney. Interestingly absent was Bob Dole who was Gerald Ford's running mate in 1976, he was at the former president's funeral in 2006 so perhaps his absence is a sign that he is in rather poor health himself.

Still no obit on here...a case of writer's block perhaps? :banghead:

The gaffer's busy with his scythe. No doubt the obit will appear soon.

The gaffer's busy with his scythe. No doubt the obit will appear soon.

Oooooo does that mean we can expect #6 anytime now??? :banghead: