Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Betty Ford

Mrs Ford was hospitalized for routine testing this week.

Yeah, and the sky is blue and the grass is green.

Mrs Ford was hospitalized for routine testing this week.

Yeah and the sky is blue and the grass is green.

It is round here..........

With her husband now dead, I think she should be considered for 2007. For all we know she could have just lost the only reason she had to keep on living.

With her husband now dead, I think she should be considered for 2007. For all we know she could have just lost the only reason she had to keep on living.

Not necessarily. Nancy Reagan is still alive 2 1/2 years after her husband, Ronald's death.

These days not too many women pine away following their husband's deaths. Sorry guys. :(

These days not too many women pine away following their husband's deaths. Sorry guys. :(

You may as well put her on. There is a chance that it could kill her. There is also a chance that she will just die.

You may as well put her on. There is a chance that it could kill her. There is also a chance that she will just die.

Have she had any recent health issues?

Recently?

Old age and somebody not too far away from her carking in the last week. Worth reminding ourselves that Jim Callaghan and his missus went weeks apart whey they died.

Betty's got form in the form of cancer and alcoholism, all told she's doing well to breathe now. She'll either cark it quick or star in a reality show with Nancy Reagan where they come out as gay lovers and invite us in to watch.

Death would be the prettier option, IMHO.

I said it in the Gerald Ford thread and the 2007 possibilities thread; this woman is 88 years old (will be 89 in April), just lost her husband of 58 years and is looking rather frail at the funeral services for her husband that past two days. News reporters covering the services are saying that she cannot walk up stairs and has to be driven even very short distances. She had breast cancer in the past and suffered from alcholism, the latter is/may be catching up with her as well. Add the stress of her husband's death on top of her existing condition and it could just do her in. For comparisons sake she looks more frail than Nancy Reagan did at her husband's funeral.

Aye, but Nancy was always amongst the best ham actors of her generation, and she'd had years to rehearse that performance. That kiss on the coffin man, absolute class!

Guest Death is my name

Dont know were to post this elsewhere but I dont like the 2007 deathlist. They are all to old. Only 8 are younger then 80, only 1 is below 60. 5 are in the 100+ categroy. This makes the DL 2007 quite lame and boring. Be braver! Where is Pete Doherty or other younger VIPs with suicidal tendencies? Why not pick Paris Hilton? George W. Bush? There are many weird people with guns around in the US.

Dont know were to post this elsewhere but I dont like the 2007 deathlist. They are all to old. Only 8 are younger then 80, only 1 is below 60. 5 are in the 100+ categroy. This makes the DL 2007 quite lame and boring. Be braver! Where is Pete Doherty or other younger VIPs with suicidal tendencies? Why not pick Paris Hilton? George W. Bush? There are many weird people with guns around in the US.

I have to agree to an extent, but it's down to the committee to decide and decide they have :party:

Guest Guest

I don't think she has any significant health problems. She might make it to 95 at least.

She looked pretty good for such an old bagle at the funeral. Unless she dies of a broken heart I think the old girl has some life left in her.

Guest Guest
She looked pretty good for such an old bagle at the funeral. Unless she dies of a broken heart I think the old girl has some life left in her.

Also of note, Bess Truman who was about the same age as Betty is now, whose husband also died on December 26 in 1972, lived almost 10 more years to 97.

Also of note, Bess Truman who was about the same age as Betty is now, whose husband also died on December 26 in 1972, lived almost 10 more years to 97.

Indeed, but the 12 months after a long term (or devoted) partners death seem to show that in many cases the other half dying off. It is not a general rule ofcourse. She doesn't have to die.

Guest garrett

I don't think that Mrs. Ford was a very good choice for this year's list. We all saw her at the funeral, very few people her age can stand for as long as she did at various times during the services, and in high heels at that. I also dont think that the ex Prez will drag her down with him. Sure, she loved him alot, but think about all her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, she has them to think about too. I think Zsa Zsa Gabor would have done better in her place.

Zsa Zsa Gabor as first lady in 1974!!!!!

Bloody hell, the whole world would be a different place now if that had happened.

Guest Guest
Zsa Zsa Gabor as first lady in 1974!!!!!

Bloody hell, the whole world would be a different place now if that had happened.

I Think he was talking about Betty Ford's spot on the list

well she din't look to good from where i was sat, i will give her 6 months max ;) .. its the domino effect with these old timers that have been together for 50 years, :lol::o

after all the cermonies for her old man she is looking poorly.and at 88 she may well go this year.

and after dealing with battles with breast cancer and drug and alcohol dependency.she's done well to reach the grand old age of 88.

but 6 months tops :lol:

Guest klpojeski

According to a news report, when her husband died and she was in a limo with one of her sons on the way to making the arrangements, she noticed tears down his cheeks and said " Buck up, we have a lot to do in the next many days" - I give her many more years based on attitude alone. We love you Betty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to a news report, when her husband died and she was in a limo with one of her sons on the way to making the arrangements, she noticed tears down his cheeks and said " Buck up, we have a lot to do in the next many days" - I give her many more years based on attitude alone. We love you Betty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

time will tell ! :)

Guest crrystalcanyon

Why don't you all just climb down off your horse and aknowledge that it is between Betty and the Keeper.

She has done so much with her life while you ego centrics just have to mouth off to try and make yourselves feel important!?!?

Why not take her example?!?!/If you are lucky you all will live as long as this time around and make some headway in eternity.