Guest Banshees Scream

Walter Cronkite

Guest DeathLister

Apparently Mr. Cronkite will be a blogger on Arianna Huffington's new Web site, the Huffington Post. While blogging certainly does not require robust physical health, it is not exactly the activity of a dying man, either.

Guest DeathLister

I believe that ABC's Peter Jennings will die before Walter Cronkite.

Iam sure for DL 2006

Peter Jennings will be in the top 10.

:old:

Iam sure for DL 2006

Peter Jennings will be in the top 10.

:old:

He would be an excellent choice if he manages to last that long.

The Man who reported JFK death may now be reporting his own death in just a few

short months can could be 6 or 7

Technically that would be Dan Rather who first reported the information to Walter who then conveyed the information to the United States via live broadcasting from CBS headquarters in New York City. So, you're saying that Dan Rather is only months from death? What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Kennedy Dead

So which one will it be?

A-clubs.gif

OR

WALTER-CRONKITE-on-life.jpg

Guest death list girl

Does anyone know what Mr. Cronkite's current activities are? I mean I haven't seen him on tv or read any recent quotes from him since his wife's death.

Does anyone know what Mr. Cronkite's current activities are?

Well first of all i'm pretty sure he retired in 1980 so from there

after i doubt he did anything major. Second he is 89 years old. :lol:

Does anyone know what Mr. Cronkite's current activities are?

Well first of all i'm pretty sure he retired in 1980 so from there

after i doubt he did anything major. Second he is 89 years old. :pop:

Actually Mr. Cronkite is still very active. He works a column for King Features Syndicate, he works regularly for NPR and if you check IMDB he has done a number of things in the years since he semi-retired from CBS. What Walter really retired from at that time was doing the CBS evening news. He did not decide to just curl up in a ball or sit in an easy chair and wait for death to come knocking on his door. Nor did he decide that at the tender age of 65 he would become a stripper at Chippendales (although I would gladly have paid big money to see him). Neither did he decide to just get in his pleasure craft and sail the world in search of physical pleasures. No, Mr. Cronkite knew he had a good number of years left and he wanted to be a player not just a spectator. He has remained active and alert contributing on a regular basis to several different projects.

...So which one will it be?

A-clubs.gif

The Deck of Weasels is not only great fun, it’s also educational.

Yeah right! It's not like you've got an Agenda or anything. :pop:

BTW, why didn't you use Cronkite's weasel card - you don't have a soft spot for him just cos he's old?

5-clubs.gif

BTW, why didn't you use Cronkite's weasel card - you don't have a soft spot for him just cos he's old?

5-clubs.gif

I hate to admit it but I find Cronkite sexy beyond any sense of the imagination. Mmmmmm! I'd gladly share an ice cream cone or a plate of potatoes with him. Perhaps it's the way his eyes twinkle or maybe the way he shuffles his mustache around while talking or may be it's just the fact that he is a wise and sensible man who can communicate in a sane and rational manner as opposed to Danny Rather who is a blathering ninny. Have you already forgotten how he stormed off the news (live mind you) becuase he was unhappy sharing an anchor desk with another? Or how about the tennis game interupting the news start? Cronkite never behaved in such an inappropriate and childish manner.

I wish Walter Cronkite would respond to the skywriting messages I've made for him.

I hate to admit it but I find Cronkite sexy beyond any sense of the imagination. Mmmmmm! I'd gladly share an ice cream cone or a plate of potatoes with him. Perhaps it's the way his eyes twinkle or maybe the way he shuffles his mustache around while talking or may be it's just the fact that he is a wise and sensible man who can communicate in a sane and rational manner as opposed to Danny Rather who is a blathering ninny. Have you already forgotten how he stormed off the news (live mind you) becuase he was unhappy sharing an anchor desk with another? Or how about the tennis game interupting the news start? Cronkite never behaved in such an inappropriate and childish manner.

I didn't know that, I generally only get to see the famous American "Anchors" late at night when CBS/ABC news reports are used as filler on SKY/BBC.

I have to agree that Rather does sound like a bit of a prima donna.

I've been playing around on my computer and I've knocked up this - what do you think?

bruno3gp.gif

Something to show all your neo-con buddies? :D

ReaLLy hard to tell guesty since your image has, er, um, uh, done a vanishing act. I reallly need to ask you, what's the frequency Kenneth?

ReaLLy hard to tell guesty since your image has, er, um, uh, done a vanishing act.  I reallly need to ask you, what's the frequency Kenneth?

Are you sure?

It's working okay here.

ReaLLy hard to tell guesty since your image has, er, um, uh, done a vanishing act.  I reallly need to ask you, what's the frequency Kenneth?

Are you sure?

It's working okay here.

And here, very good guesty

Guest Guest

are you a prophet or something?do you know what the lotto numbers will be this week?

Guest Guest

How can he report his own death?! :huh:

Guest deathlister

I haven't been able to find if Mr. Cronkite has made any public statement on Jennings death. He hasn't been on TV this morn or anything. Assuming he will attend the funeral, if there are photos of him ,let's get those posted here.

I haven't been able to find if Mr. Cronkite has made any public statement on Jennings death. He hasn't been on TV this morn or anything. Assuming he will attend the funeral, if there are photos of him ,let's get those posted here.

What's he meant to say, "Glad it's not me"?

I haven't seen Walter around lately in fact he missed the park commemoration completely.

I haven't seen Walter around lately in fact he missed the park commemoration completely.

True, Uncle Walter has been relatively quiet as of late. It's been six months since his wife's death and I don't think he has made any public appearances. He did speak to Ron Reagan by phone on his show after Peter Jennings death. But he has not been seen out to the best of my knowledge.

True, Uncle Walter has been relatively quiet as of late. It's been six months since his wife's death and I don't think he has made any public appearances. He did speak to Ron Reagan by phone on his show after Peter Jennings death. But he has not been seen out to the best of my knowledge.

I don't think there has been much heard about him either.

Though it is quite difficult to tell,he is 89 years old and probobly

wants to live pretty much the rest of his life in retirement besides

the occational breif appearence. :lol:

Guest Guest

I read in early August that Cronkite is dating the sister of singer Carly Simon, and apparently the two spent the night in a hotel room and provoked unhappiness among fellow guests due to their loudness in bed. Cronkite may just well have a few years left.

I read in early August that Cronkite is dating the sister of singer Carly Simon, and apparently the two spent the night in a hotel room and provoked unhappiness among fellow guests due to their loudness in bed. Cronkite may just well have a few years left.

I just have to laugh at this. Though somehow i think

some of the details to this story may be a bit overated. :angry: