Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam Solitude

Dale Winton

1 hour ago, runebomme said:

don't know why I watched supermarket sweep it was so bad

That show was epic when I was a young kid.

Also presented Pick of the Pops on BBC Radio 2. A much better presenter than Tony Blackburn who took over from him.

And who can forget his straight cameo in Gimme Gimme Gimme - that was comedy gold.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sean said:

That show was epic when I was a young kid.

A couple of work colleagues were on it just after it started out. One of them was a demented loon so dashing around the aisles like some kind of nut-job seemed to suit him.

I still see this bloke in Tesco sometimes and I quickly leave if I know he’s got a trolley in his hands as he shops in the same manner as his appearance n Supermarket Sweep.

• Haha 1

Is he on Pointless Celebrities this week?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:

Is he on Pointless Celebrities this week?

and Last Word

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next time you're at the checkout,

and you hear the beep,

think of what Dales doing,

now he’s 6 foot deep

• Like 3

Next time you're at the checkout,

and you hear the beep,

Think of dale winton dying in his sleep.

16 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

For @Spade_Cooley

Thanks for that list btw, I think it's finally solved the long standing query I've had about watching someone receive a posthumous Gotcha as a kid, by the looks of things it must have been Bertice Reading. I can confirm that Jim Bowen and Dr Mark Porter were both Gotcha'd as well, looking through the BBC Genome Project: http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?q=gotcha+noel&svc=9371541#search

• Like 1

Newbie ..so be gentle please, folks.

On the issue of Dale Winton. .can I be the only person who's  abso-fucking-lutely gobsmacked that his demise was the main item of 'news' on the BBC News website today?

Is it just me, or is that a shocking indictment of the state of this country. ...  when a talentless vaccuous knob like DW makes headline news - merely for the act of dying FFS!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Thanks for that list btw, I think it's finally solved the long standing query I've had about watching someone receive a posthumous Gotcha as a kid, by the looks of things it must have been Bertice Reading. I can confirm that Jim Bowen and Dr Mark Porter were both Gotcha'd as well, looking through the BBC Genome Project: http://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/search/0/20?q=gotcha+noel&svc=9371541#search

Yeah, since I did that list a whole load of full episodes of House Party have been uploaded to YouTube. Thus a load more can be verified. But it isn't Christmas, so I'm not bothering updating the list! (Except for the ones I could verify and who are dead).

Nobody needs to do a "contestants on "Hole In The Wall"" list btw: just Lil Chris and Kristian Digby (memba him?) are dead from it.

Always mix up Digby with Alexander mcQueen as they both died of hanging at the same age not long apart.

Digby was the Carradine'ing way out, I think?

(Not the Michael Hutchence way out - he just allegedly hung himself after an alleged argument with Bob Geldof's lawyers, allegedly.)

1 hour ago, msc said:

Always mix up Digby with Alexander mcQueen as they both died of hanging at the same age not long apart.

Digby was the Carradine'ing way out, I think?

(Not the Michael Hutchence way out - he just allegedly hung himself after an alleged argument with Bob Geldof's lawyers, allegedly.)

Yes, he was.

18 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

For @Spade_Cooley

Haha

I've always thought there is a strangeness in watching someone who has died on video when they are being themselves that I don't feel when I watch a dead person acting. Does anyone else?

My advice: don't watch the Bill Hicks set where he goes "Hi, I'm dead now"...

:D

18 minutes ago, msc said:

My advice: don't watch the Bill Hicks set where he goes "Hi, I'm dead now"...

:D

Probably stolen from Mr Leary, who still lives.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

On the issue of Dale Winton. .can I be the only person who's  abso-fucking-lutely gobsmacked that his demise was the main item of 'news' on the BBC News website today?

Is it just me, or is that a shocking indictment of the state of this country. ...  when a talentless vaccuous knob like DW makes headline news - merely for the act of dying FFS!

When you are sick to fucking death of hearing about Trump, Syria, Brexit, Windrush, stabbings, the economy etc etc it makes a change when the news devotes some time and prominence to the unexpected death of a celebrity who, to all intents and purposes, seemed to be as nice away from the screen as he appeared on it. 

It's quite sad really, loads of other wankers should have died before him.

21 hours ago, charon said:

SounessWinton2016.jpg?strip=all

Aye, won't be far behind..

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

When you are sick to fucking death of hearing about Trump, Syria, Brexit, Windrush, stabbings, the economy etc etc it makes a change when the news devotes some time and prominence to the unexpected death of a celebrity who, to all intents and purposes, seemed to be as nice away from the screen as he appeared on it. 

It's quite sad really, loads of other wankers should have died before him.

The photo I posted is akin to

COPYRIGHT%20UNKNOWN%20%20Peter%20Sutclif

Two wrong uns and a Blondie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

In case you haven't noticed, the BBC is not what it was.   It's no better than trashy tabloid media nowadays.  The News page has little in the way of actual news.  It is more like a magazine with random items and videos.

I mind vaguely of a program c4 did 20 odd years ago he was part of. "Who killed Saturday night TV?".

Beadle, him, cilla etc being a part of it.

Salutary reminder that Duncan Norvelle still lives, and did the pilot for Blind Date, not Cilla.

Called 'its a hoot'.

Part of the article...

The spectre hanging over any discussion of Saturday night telly is this, the BBC1 schedule from October 23, 1976. It ran as follows: 5.30 Basil Brush; 6.00 Dr Who; 6.25 Bruce Forsyth's Generation Game; 7.25 The Duchess of Duke Street; 8.15 The Two Ronnies; 9.00 Starsky and Hutch; 10.05 News; 10.20 Match of the Day; 11.20 Parkinson.

^^ pretty much what most folk on here would want to watch now I'd imagine.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

Like him or not, he was very good at his particular brand of entertainment, hardly ‘talentless’ or ‘vacuous’. 

• Like 3

Talentless and vacuous was his audience ffs :D ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Like him or not, he was very good at his particular brand of entertainment, hardly ‘talentless’ or ‘vacuous’. 

Dunno. I'd caveat your comment with the observation that It all went a bit Twin Peaks with that bizarre wedding charade he went through with some talentless bint whose name escapes me.