Gooseberry Crumble

Rosalynn Carter

5 hours ago, Samorost said:

Alice born 1478 and her son born 1490? In 12? To ho měla ve dvanácti?

Whoops, yeah, no, sorry, my mistake. Thanks for pointing it out! There are multiple possible dates for both Alice's (possibly 1474 or 1478) and Richard's (either 1490, 1495 or 1502) dates of birth, and since I used to work on the family tree mostly late at night, I screwed up here. Additionally, I've just checked and a few sources say that Alice got married in 1493 though, so now that I think about it, it's more than likely that Alice was born around 1474 and Richard 1502 (in 1495 Alice supposedly gave birth to Thomas Croxton Carter, a brother to Richard and William). So once more, díky, and sorry for the inaccuracy!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dimreaper said:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/theyre-coming-end-jimmy-carters-grandson-gives-update-beloved-former-president/F2DGY2P2QFG6NDUF7DCKHLYGOE/

Her grandsons comments make me think her health situation is as precarious as her husbands. I'm guessing they will pass in quick succession.

My interpretation was that he was referring to them as a couple, as their being together would end upon his death, but I don't disagree that she could die from a broken heart. 

• Like 1

The question is does she go at 96, or does she get to 97, thus tying Bess Truman’s record?

• Like 1

She's just confused because she thought Jimmy would be dead by now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

She's just confused because she thought Jimmy would be dead by now

We all have dementia? :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Honestly, every 95-year-old has some sort of memory problem and maybe some form of dementia. Therefore, I'm thinking her memory problems are severe enough to warrant being diagnosed and statement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I'd be more surprised if she didn't. 

• Like 1

I don't think this impacts either way on her surviving the rest of the year though. It all depends on how long Jimmy lasts...

• Like 1

That's really sad, because when (if) he dies, she'll keep forgetting he's dead and have to be told repeatedly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Toast said:

That's really sad, because when (if) he dies, she'll keep forgetting he's dead and have to be told repeatedly.

Would she be told is the question. It may be better for her if she isn't - I seem to recall an article on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Comped said:

Would she be told is the question. It may be better for her if she isn't - I seem to recall an article on that.

They seem to be always together so difficult to see how it could be avoided.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

A couple in an older generation of the family were married a long time. One had dementia for years, the other was their carer but then the non-dementia one died suddenly from age related issues. Nobody told the surviving half about the death of their spouse but they could tell something important was missing and they just went downhill and died a fortnight later. Lovely couple, completely inseparable. This was twenty years ago now but I often think of them when we see frail old couples like the Carters or Prunella Scales and Timothy West.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

She'll go before Jimmy know I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I recently read a post somewhere else on the forum (can't recall specifics, sorry) about a retired boxer with dementia whose wife had died, and apparently he usually thought she was just out doing errands. I guess in a circumstance like that, it might be better not to correct him since he won't remember the conversation anyway.

• Like 1

I feel, like this has been announced because Jimmy is very near the end now and her absence from the funeral won’t need further statements at that time, 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I feel, like this has been announced because Jimmy is very near the end now and her absence from the funeral won’t need further statements at that time, 

Makes sense.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Deadboy999 said:

She'll go before Jimmy know I reckon.

Not necessarily. A person can live several years with dementia. My great aunt had dementia when she was 90. She died aged 97 from Covid.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Or it could be because she is still capable of going to the funeral but will appear somewhat vacant and frail.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 20:39, Sinbabad said:

Not necessarily. A person can live several years with dementia. My great aunt had dementia when she was 90. She died aged 97 from Covid.

Joanne Woodward has had it forever. If you have the money to make sure you’re taken care of I don’t think it’s necessarily a death sentence

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

The way they keep tweeting about Rosalynn and not Jimmy makes me wonder if they’re not preparing us for her demise sooner than the one of Jimmy… 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1