Gooseberry Crumble

Rosalynn Carter

I read there is a new TV series covering depictions of Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford and Michelle Obama. Now I respect all three for being very influential and culturally significant but I think it is a shame that whenever these kind of programs are made Rosalynn Carter tends to be ignored. She was as influential as any of them when it came to the years spent in the White House. I doubt many young people know who she is. 

• Like 2

Depends on the first lady tbh

Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama seemed to get a lot of mention and still do sometimes. Compare to Laura Bush who scarcely got a mention.

On 06/03/2021 at 23:53, anonymous said:

I read there is a new TV series covering depictions of Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford and Michelle Obama. Now I respect all three for being very influential and culturally significant but I think it is a shame that whenever these kind of programs are made Rosalynn Carter tends to be ignored. She was as influential as any of them when it came to the years spent in the White House. I doubt many young people know who she is. 

To be honest, being pictured with that mass murderer in the clown costume didn't do her any favours long term.

I don't see the need to have both the Carter's on the list at the same time. She'll easily outlast her husband. I'd wait till he's passed to add her to the official list.

4 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

I don't see the need to have both the Carter's on the list at the same time. She'll easily outlast her husband. I'd wait till he's passed to add her to the official list.

She can outlast him yes but I can’t see her lingering for a long time after her husband’s death. There’s 365 days in a year. She may lingers for some months but I doubt she’ll make the year without him when he passes 

26 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Both the Bushes died in the same year

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Both the Bushes died in the same year

Yeah, and they are both very old and very frail.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

It wouldn't make sense not having the two of them together. They won't survive long without each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

It wouldn't make sense not having the two of them together. They won't survive long without each other.

Cough, Bush, cough!:old:

On 10/01/2022 at 13:04, Lafaucheuse said:

She can outlast him yes but I can’t see her lingering for a long time after her husband’s death. There’s 365 days in a year. She may lingers for some months but I doubt she’ll make the year without him when he passes 

Whoever goes first - I don't think the other one will last within 3 months. Broken Heart Syndrome. 
married for 75 years now. 

Prime example...

On 10/01/2022 at 15:43, WEP said:

Cough, Bush, cough!:old:

Read above.

On 10/01/2022 at 13:32, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Agreed.

• Like 1

^ That photo is from November 2019.

• Like 3

You know, threads survive even if you don't post compulsively into them, especially without a valid reason.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tracy said:

^ That photo is from November 2019.

My bad. Searched up her on her 95th birthday; must of come up with Jimmy Carters.

48 minutes ago, WinterCake said:

My bad. Searched up her on her 95th birthday; must of come up with Jimmy Carters.

Must *have.  Toast will smite your arse with a lightning bolt if you make any more mistakes like that again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

I honestly don't think it's impossible she could pass before Jimmy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

I honestly don't think it's impossible she could pass before Jimmy.

seeing "Rosalynn Carter, 1min ago" I thought she was dead as she is hardly ever mentioned here. 

It's veeeery unlikely but not impossible. And if it happens, then It'll be the biggest joke of deathlist ever. She's really frail now and I do think the pression over Jimmy's health could be a  bad thing for someone that age. Not to mention the stress of seeing your loved one dying. Would be a shock but if you think about it, wouldn't be too unexpected.

• Like 4

the wife/caretaker going first happens.

barbara bush passed before george hw.
june carter cash passed before johnny.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, lilham said:

That’s true but Barbara Bush along with her husband was also really ill prior to her death and June Carter died following a heart surgery so quite « unexpected » one. As far as I know Rosalynn is not as ill as Jimmy so the probability for another Barbara-then-George is quite slow imo

• Like 3

It isn't impossible of course but I do think it is unlikely.Knowing Jimmy is going gives Rosalyn a very strong reason to go on I.e to hold on for the love of her life and be by his side until the end.I think most likely scenario is Jimmy dies and Rosalynn goes a few weeks or months later of a broken heart.

• Like 7

It is quite sweet as Rosalynn always said she fell in love with Jimmy before she met him as his sister Ruth was her best friend and she remembers seeing a picture of him in his naval uniform on the Carter family mantlepiece.Of course they had technically met before that when Jimmys Mum Lilian delivered Rosalynn and introduced her  to the then just under 3  year old Jimmy.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

That’s true but Barbara Bush along with her husband was also really ill prior to her death and June Carter died following a heart surgery so quite « unexpected » one. As far as I know Rosalynn is not as ill as Jimmy so the probability for another Barbara-then-George is quite slow imo

You are correct considering that Jimmy is receiving hospice, although in the most recent pictures i've seen of her, she looked quite frail. Physically, she looks to be in rougher shape than the Queen looked this time last year. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lilham said:

I actually think I read somewhere that June Carter was actually a distant relative of Jimmy Carter.

• Like 4

On 05/04/2023 at 05:30, dimreaper said:

I actually think I read somewhere that June Carter was actually a distant relative of Jimmy Carter.

Very distant, but yes. Jimmy is June's great-grandfather's 9th cousin's great-grandson (so they shared a relative in late 1400s).

Edit: And Jimmy is also half-second cousin to Motown's Berry Gordy, but that relation is pretty known afaik. What people don't realise is that through that relation (and, of course, several marriages), we can link few more interesting names to Jimmy's family tree, like Marvin Gaye (was married to Gordy's sister Anna and had a son with Gordy's niece Denise), Jermaine Jackson (was married to Gordy's daughter Hazel 1973-1988 and had 3 children with her), Diana Ross (wasn't married to Gordy, but gave birth to his eldest daughter Rhonda) or, out of all people, both members of LMFAO (who are Gordy's son and grandson).  

obrázek_2023-04-08_145043533.png

Edited by LWCZ
added some more Jimmy's family tree info
  • Like 5

Alice born 1478 and her son born 1490? In 12? To ho měla ve dvanácti?

• Like 2