Gooseberry Crumble

Rosalynn Carter

https://www.ajc.com/news/jimmy-and-rosalynn-carter-won-attend-barbara-bush-funeral/LWARHUcmLv9y3MiNJrqSrI/

I was surprised to see that former american first lady, wife of ex US President Jimmy Carter didn't seem to have her own dedicated thread as other first ladies like Nancy Reagan and Barbara did. 

Anyway as I was researching the attendees of Barbara Bushes funeral online I found out that Rosalynn and her hubby won't be attending. (in his case because of a long standing engagement overseas I think) But part of the reason that Rossalyn isn't attending is because she is still not sufficiently recovered from intestinal surgery in February. 

Sure a slow recovery is to be expected in senior years but nevertheless I think it's enough to prompt her own dedicated thread rather than one shared with other first ladies. 

Possibly one to watch and a likely name on next year's official list by the committee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spelling her name right would be a good start.  It's Rosalynn, not "Rossalyn".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

Spelling her name right would be a good start.  It's Rosalynn, not "Rossalyn".

Well spotted! Thanks! Awful basic error which I don't know why I made it as when I searched to check if a thread existed I searched under the correct spelling! 

• Thanks 1

Not to be a dick, but I've noticed this trend with you @Gooseberry Crumble so might as well let you know.

When naming a thread, the name of the person is sufficent, unless they are extremely obscure.

'Rosalynn Carter' would be fine, since almost everybody knows who she is. You could perhaps add 'Former US First Lady' to the thread description.

Besides that, good thread. Should be heavily considered for DL 2019.

• Like 3

Deathlist Cmme appear to have a "gotta catch them all" attitude to First Ladies this century (even went for Lady Bird) so I'd presume Rosalyn will go on the list, and probably quite soon if she's ill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Not to be a dick, but I've noticed this trend with you @Gooseberry Crumble so might as well let you know.

When naming a thread, the name of the person is sufficent, unless they are extremely obscure.

'Rosalynn Carter' would be fine, since almost everybody knows who she is. You could perhaps add 'Former US First Lady' to the thread description.

Sorry but I don't see it as a big deal. We all have our own ways on these things and that's that really. 

1 minute ago, msc said:

Deathlist Cmme appear to have a "gotta catch them all" attitude to First Ladies this century (even went for Lady Bird) so I'd presume Rosalyn will go on the list, and probably quite soon if she's ill.

I'd be very surprised if she's not on next year but once she does pass away I think there will be a dearth of first ladies on the list for a little while given the age of the remaining first ladies. 

Vice First Ladies (if that's the term?) however like say Lynne Cheney might be a different story. 

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Sorry but I don't see it as a big deal. We all have our own ways on these things and that's that really. 

I think it just looks very excessive. I don’t think anyone else in the modern day adds anything to the title other than their name, so it looks odd compares to every other thread...

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think it just looks very excessive. I don’t think anyone else in the modern day adds anything to the title other than their name, so it looks odd compares to every other thread...

I don't mind people thinking it's odd looking its fine by me honestly! 

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'd be very surprised if she's not on next year but once she does pass away I think there will be a dearth of first ladies on the list for a little while given the age of the remaining first ladies. 

Vice First Ladies (if that's the term?) however like say Lynne Cheney might be a different story. 

Second ladies is the term. :D Just as the Veep gets to ride in Air Force 2, etc. etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think the term you are looking for is Second Lady and Lynne will out live Dick.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Second ladies is the term. :D Just as the Veep gets to ride in Air Force 2, etc. etc.

Yes I suppose the term vice lady or 'Vice First' lady could take on particular connotations to those with a tendency to be bad minded :lol:;) especially given the scurrilous allegations made in sections of the media about the personal work history of Melania Trump! :P

Yeah, not so much Miami Vice as...well, you know...

• Haha 1

*8 months from now*

28. Rosalynn Carter Former First Lady of the USA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

*8 months from now*

28. Rosalynn Carter Former First Lady of the USA

If she dies before the years out somebody will be very happy on the Derby Deadpool as I think she is a unique pick unless I've remembered that wrongly? 

Just bringing this up... with both Bushes now dead, I think that definitely ought to open up a spot for Rosalynn Carter on the Deathlist 2019.

• Like 2

Already have a First Ladies thread 

On 02/12/2018 at 02:44, Sir Cunto said:

Already have a First Ladies thread 

Well, we do now need this thread...

6 hours ago, Elephant said:

Well, we do now need this thread...

Such a transparent Roey Juss alt you are.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Sir Cunto said:

Such a transparent Roey Juss alt you are.

I'm insulted.

17 hours ago, Elephant said:

I'm insulted.

Just a heads up for the future, I wouldn’t take Sir Creep’s rants too seriously. 

IMG_20210225_143958.thumb.png.f2245ebb0ea5bfd15e4861a3c661cdee.png

Doesn't look very good in the new video of the Carters. (atleast in my opinion)

Something's wrong with her eyes.

• Like 1

Picture too blurry looks ok to me.She normally wears glasses so is probably straining to see.I feel that pain can`t wear glasses with a mask on.

• Like 1