Gooseberry Crumble

23. Rosalynn Carter

I read there is a new TV series covering depictions of Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford and Michelle Obama. Now I respect all three for being very influential and culturally significant but I think it is a shame that whenever these kind of programs are made Rosalynn Carter tends to be ignored. She was as influential as any of them when it came to the years spent in the White House. I doubt many young people know who she is. 

• Like 1

Depends on the first lady tbh

Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama seemed to get a lot of mention and still do sometimes. Compare to Laura Bush who scarcely got a mention.

On 06/03/2021 at 23:53, anonymous said:

I read there is a new TV series covering depictions of Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford and Michelle Obama. Now I respect all three for being very influential and culturally significant but I think it is a shame that whenever these kind of programs are made Rosalynn Carter tends to be ignored. She was as influential as any of them when it came to the years spent in the White House. I doubt many young people know who she is. 

To be honest, being pictured with that mass murderer in the clown costume didn't do her any favours long term.