Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Since there’s a what you’re reading thread and a what have you been watching lately, I’ve decided to start a thread focusing on music you’re currently listening to. Of course, if there’s a thread that exists on this that I don’t know about, a mod can merge them together.

Anyways, I am listening to Berlin by Lou Reed for the very first time, and so far, I’m enjoying the album. 

• Like 1

Greta van Fleet. I heard their stuff for the first time only about two weeks ago, and I'm blown away. If you like classic rock, if you like Led Zeppelin, you might give Highway Tune or Safari Song a listen.

Yves Deruyter making friends....2015 

55:00 to 1:08 or so. OMG. 

I like all sorts, Pink Floyd and the Sex Pistols who hated Pink Floyd, and Beethoven and Satie and Tchaikovsky and and and and, go figure.

But that bit with cans on? oh boy. 

And then this. 

Sting and Shaggy's new album. Brilliant. What a match made in heaven. Why didn't they think to pair up before?

(Yes, of course that's bollocks.)

• Like 2

Well, yesterday I listened to Kero Kero Bonito for the first time - Liked it!

The song that has been the most on my mind in the past months actually was "Give me a reason" by Ibibio Sound Machine.

I'm really looking forward to the new Jon Hassell album. I thought, he was waiting to die.

• Like 1

Debating the better Ecstacy of Gold version....

Either

Or

• Like 2

That and Wonderstuff reminiscing on my 'misspent' youth. According to popular opinion, not mine. And what's this about The Damned having a new album out (credit to @Phantom) I thought they were all, if not dead, not that healthy perhaps, and possible candidates! They must have been living blameless lives all these years. There go my unique picks. Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And obviously, Nick Cave not making a song re death....

I’ve been reminded in the car recently just how much I love Nirvana and haven’t stopped listening to them since. I even found a song I hadn’t heard before (Sappy). 207 seconds of brilliance, despite the lyrics being written in the style of a 16-year-old stoner penning a song for his pet tortoise.

• Like 1

Nick Cave of ALL people with a happy positive love song about lambs, fluffy clouds and springtime in general is truly excellent! I listen to it a lot as it happens :wub:

Much as I was a Mercy Seat / Deanna fan and anyone (you) who hasn't seen the collusion between him and Peaky Blinders really should do.

Him doing that is a bit like when I'd go to see The Mission and they'd play Mr Pleasant. Proper showtune. From them :lol:

• Haha 1

Royals ( a Finnish band) live – IMHO they could play

Barry Manilow sings the All Time Great Broadway songbook...and fuck anyone who says I'm a shirtlifter:rant:

56 minutes ago, TheFunkyPhantom said:

Barry Manilow sings the All Time Great Broadway songbook...and fuck anyone who says I'm a shirtlifter:rant:

He’s a great entertainer but what in holy fuck possessed him to butcher his face like he has?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boudicca said:

That and Wonderstuff reminiscing on my 'misspent' youth. According to popular opinion, not mine. And what's this about The Damned having a new album out (credit to @Phantom) I thought they were all, if not dead, not that healthy perhaps, and possible candidates! They must have been living blameless lives all these years. There go my unique picks. Cheers.

New Damned album came out Friday 13th. There was a bit of an issue with Paul Gray credited on the album, but not signing the albums that were sent out via their kickstarter campaign. 

Also.the album was being sent out on the 13th, not set to arrive on the 13th.

• Like 1

Wye Oaks new album The louder I call, the faster it runs.

Their music is as bulky as it is melodious, a bit disturbing and spherical.

I like the new album a lot, like nearly every album of them.

I never thought I'd appreciate emo music, but I've been listening to Jeremy Enigk's work these past few days and really enjoying it.

Debenhams by Olivia Newton-John.

Aldi and All of The Night by The Kinks.

It Asda Be You by Frank Sinatra.

With A Lidl Luck by Wings.

Shaddap Your Place by Woolworths, Carpetright, British Home Stores, etc etc etc....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you can't beat them join them - Aldi if pronounced as two syllables also fits quite well in place of 'Call Me' by Blondie.....

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I started listening to Skellington 3 the new album by Julian Cope. It was recorded late February, and released just a week ago. I'm about halfway through at the moment. It's not bad.

• Like 1

For some reason, I've had the Bluetones album 'Return to the Last Chance Saloon' stuck in my head over the last 24 hours. In fact, the reason is that I went for a walk down by the Wainuiomata Reservoir yesterday, which clearly reminded my subconscious of 'Down by the Reservoir' from which I've transitioned onto 'The Jub Jub Bird'.

The Bluetones.... Playing soon at a students union building near you, no doubt.

9 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Strange Fruit #255 - wall to wall with amazing and generally unknown sounds. Beats me why the world doesn't mad for this stuff; http://www.gonzomultimedia.co.uk/gonzo_web_radio.html

Do yer think he'll get a QO if he croaks it? Just askin. :o :salute: :D

• Like 1