Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Bladan on the squeezebox imo.

• Like 1

Just the birds singing in the garden. 

And the occasional frenzied bark as Toastdog chases a pigeon.

On 04/29/2018 at 17:21, charon said:

This from 6 years ago.

By fuckity Wallinger hasn't aged well.

Doing nothing at the oil rig today, so chillin to an album that was released 20 years ago.
Music like this should never be forgotten.  As my  DJ cousin over on your side of The Pond said: "Respect to a shape-shifting album, moving away from so-called #triphop and influencing the electronic music soundscape for years to come."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Doing nothing at the oil rig today, so chillin to an album that was released 20 years ago.
Music like this should never be forgotten.  As my  DJ cousin over on your side of The Pond said: "Respect to a shape-shifting album, moving away from so-called #triphop and influencing the electronic music soundscape for years to come."

I had to check... I was 15 when I bought this album. I think I was too young to really make sense it. Bought it for Teardrops. It's an album that grows with time.

So that Arctic Monkeys album I was moaning about has been leaked (despite not coming out officially until Friday). 

It's fucking glorious as a whole, the songs they'd played at shows weren't the best songs. Some absolute bangers on this, complete departure from any of their other albums but who cares when it's this good. And yes it is the Alex Turner solo album we've never had, but I'm past caring. Batphone , Science Fiction, The Ultracheese and Four out of Five stand head and shoulders above the other songs on the album, which stand head and shoulders above most of the songs on their fourth album. 

Instrumental

Got a promo a few weeks back of the new Luke Haines album "I Sometimes Dream of Glue"

Catchy, characterful and packed with barbed lyrics - some memorable tracks include At it with the Tree Surgeon's Wife and Fat Bird from the Woodcraft Folk

Out on Friday: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SOMETIMES-DREAM-GLUE-LUKE-HAINES/dp/B079VD5TWB/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1525862071&sr=1-1&keywords=luke+haines

After mentioning him in other thread, its got to be....

Fuck it. Cunt of a week so far.

So, Republican head on and in Honour of the WBA player James McLean who said fuck off to poppy fascism...

Best drummer?

Decent vid

• Like 1

Persian music all day every day.  Don't know and don't care what it is..... this music soothes and attacks my soul at the same time.  
Opening track from Nayaz's 3rd album, I'm listening to it complete of course, but no such link on Youtube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Persian music all day every day.  Don't know and don't care what it is..... this music soothes and attacks my soul at the same time.  
Opening track from Nayaz's 3rd album, I'm listening to it complete of course, but no such link on Youtube.

The song above SC, there are a few Yankee versions without the slight Arabic vocals. Sickening.

You might like this version of Rock the Casbah tho.

• Like 2

Someone else has actually heard of Rachid Taha's version!!!

And considering whit the Jews are up to, 52 and counting, this gets a play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Someone else has actually heard of Rachid Taha's version!!!

?

He was involved in the original then got bumped.

Old people like me remember this.

There are, shite versions, of him with mick Jones etc.

Aye, I was just reading about him and the Clash on Wiki. News to not so old me! :D Heard that version c 2011-ish, none of my friends seemed to have heard of it before.

• Haha 1

:D
young shaver

• Haha 1

Persians play santoor too

One of my favorite records - I could listen to this forever - hypnotic - extremely well recorded - BUT it lasts over 70 minutes AND is serious classical SO don't bother to listen

• Like 2

Combining Can with Persian sounds, and I actually listened to it yesterday and today:

• Like 2

Have You Seen Your Friend?   A benign amateur Russian folk song, made sinister by the video backdrop exposing the horrors of the Chechen War.  Somewhat improbably, about a minute into the gorefest, the singer, dressed in military gear and strumming a guitar, appears for a while, before giving way again to a succession of increasingly grim clips of the conflict

This song made a powerful impression on me when I first saw it several years ago, even though I still have no clue what the words actually mean.

Caution - viewer discretion is advised.  The Chechen War was a pretty savage encounter.

https://youtu.be/btBdeLAe-u4

• Like 1