Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

On 15/06/2018 at 19:30, The Quim Reaper said:

Longview. Excellent track from Green Day's 1994 album Dookie. Longview is also, in essence, about wanking.

If your going for songs about wanking by Green Day then there's only one choice from the same album:

And while we're on the subject of late 90s/early 2000s alternative rock; how about some emo angst borne from one kiss that led to a 13 year feud with Brand New:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, charon said:
  1. An extremely abusive vmail.

Its fucking GREAT.

And will not be overlooked.

I think the phrase, "unleash hell" was invented for this sort of situation. 

I'm listening to these boys.

• Like 1

220px-TheDarkness-albums-PermissionToLand.jpg

• Like 1

Genesis' "Seconds Out" live album, as well as Trick of the Tale and Foxtrot (and another album or two) were all $4.99 U.S. on iTunes two days ago, and may still be.
I bought Seconds Out, being one of the better live albums ever made imho.  Happy with my steal.  Anyway, if a fan  now is the time to buy.
SC

• Like 1

I'd say, of all the amazing hits Alien Ant Farm had, this Jacko cover is easily in their top 20.

• Like 1

scarlatti sonata d minor K41. harpsichord: scott ross

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bladan said:

scarlatti sonata d minor K41. harpsichord: scott ross

Ah the harpsichord the hipster's organ....

Solange Knowles.

I slept on her, assuming she was a cheap rip-off of her more famous sister (who I don't like to begin with). Wrong.

• Like 1

Solange is beyond the trite realm her sister plays in.  But yes it was/is easy to assume they have similar musical goals and audience.

The eyes in this still are a tad intimidating, but it's Alanis Morrissette stuff from the 90s so of course it's good.

• Like 3

Cipriano de Rore's Missa Praeter rerum seriem (c. 1550) - Huelgas-Ensemble Paul van Nevel

it's de Rore's stuff from the 1550s so of course it's good.

• Like 1

I've been listening to Scott Fagan, the very talented yet little known about singer and songwriter who's perhaps better known for being the father of Stephin Merritt. Here he is a couple of years ago looking like Santa and singing like Bowie, but nonetheless putting on an excellent performance.

• Like 2

Ryan Ferguson? Never heard of the fucker. But I heard this song from somewhere or other at some point or other in my life and, by pure chance, managed to find it again recently. It's somehow a bit catchy.

On 25/06/2018 at 19:15, The Quim Reaper said:

The eyes in this still are a tad intimidating, but it's Alanis Morrissette stuff from the 90s so of course it's good.

This song is a bit of an outlier on the otherwise angry Jagged Little Pill album. This is the song the brought me to Alanis.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This song is a bit of an outlier on the otherwise angry Jagged Little Pill album. This is the song the brought me to Alanis.

Yeah, she very much proved she can play a part in her music that’s different to the ‘psycho bitch ex’ style from the rest of JLP.  Still an excellent album though!

• Like 1

Nah, that's when she's at her most psycho. She's already ranted and raved and destroyed most of his possessions and started a huge barny in the streets, and now after all that, she's trying the sweetness and light touch with a bit of the old "its me, not you, let's stay together" in that song. Nah, avoid like the plague, devious cunts like that. When someone's fighting, the Head over Feet bit is when you have to be on your guard. Hate fucking Alanis Morrissette. Mrs msc thinks she's great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

Nah, that's when she's at her most psycho. She's already ranted and raved and destroyed most of his possessions and started a huge barny in the streets, and now after all that, she's trying the sweetness and light touch with a bit of the old "its me, not you, let's stay together" in that song. Nah, avoid like the plague, devious cunts like that. When someone's fighting, the Head over Feet bit is when you have to be on your guard. Hate fucking Alanis Morrissette. Mrs msc thinks she's great.

I have all her albums but Mrs Biblo refuses to be in a room where she is playing.

Isn't it Ironic?

Someone introduced me to the music of 60s girl band The Cake recently.  I can't believe I hadn't heard of them before.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2018 at 04:08, Joey Russ said:

Classic and the guy was a complete eccentric and arguably an under-appreciated groundbreaker where the future of music was concerned.

I read on the forums that a lot of you like this group, and I like them too. :) 

• Like 1