Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

• Like 1

• Like 2

An odd but somehow excellent 10 minute Madness track. It's almost like it should be 'Madness - The East End Opera'.

• Like 1

My little band only I know about....
Rollin in 'Big Brown' (my F-150) w this in the CD player

Properly good bit of Stereophonics from their last album

Larger than life vocals - don't miss

Not really "listening to", but goddamn every since I woke up to see Charlotte Rae was dead I've had this stuck in my head:

placebo.  The crawl is a great song.

• Like 1

What the actual fuck is this? Unbearable to listen to. Most bizarre album I've heard in a few months. 0/10.

15 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

What the actual fuck is this? Unbearable to listen to. Most bizarre album I've heard in a few months. 0/10.

1. OK so how is it you came across this masterpiece?
2. To be totally fair, the 'music' isn't outrageous, it is what it is.  Her decision to vocalize through whatever manipulations she is using is one of the worst ever, leading me to believe this is a totally self-funded (and presumably written) album.  
3. I don't know what you've listened to the past 6 months, so I have no opinion if it's the most bizarre.  I'd like to think in the world of musical expression/experimentation that is easily accessible on Youtube etc, other clicks brought you to 'bizarre' works equaling and surpassing this one.
SC

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

1. OK so how is it you came across this masterpiece?
2. To be totally fair, the 'music' isn't outrageous, it is what it is.  Her decision to vocalize through whatever manipulations she is using is one of the worst ever, leading me to believe this is a totally self-funded (and presumably written) album.  
3. I don't know what you've listened to the past 6 months, so I have no opinion if it's the most bizarre.  I'd like to think in the world of musical expression/experimentation that is easily accessible on Youtube etc, other clicks brought you to 'bizarre' works equaling and surpassing this one.
SC

No, I found this trawling through Reddit in search of good new music to listen to. Someone thought this was brilliant! They sold it so well that I decided to check it out.

I've heard Peaches at least once in the last 6 months, but she's being making intentionally weird music for so long that it's no longer shocking. This album by Farrah Abraham isn't like any other manufactured reality star's music I've heard. Paris Hilton's music sucked because she couldn't sing, but the songs were at least carefully thought out to appeal to her audience.

You're right, this album was made my Abraham and only one other person, so what you hear is what she envisioned without a big record label changing all her songs. And to me it's just... unsettling. How can someone who's had cameras following them since they were 16 have such little self-awareness? By being nuts, that's how.

• Like 1

The meaning of life... pinball

On 10/08/2018 at 07:02, Clorox Bleachman said:

No, I found this trawling through Reddit in search of good new music to listen to. Someone thought this was brilliant! They sold it so well that I decided to check it out.

I've heard Peaches at least once in the last 6 months, but she's being making intentionally weird music for so long that it's no longer shocking. This album by Farrah Abraham isn't like any other manufactured reality star's music I've heard. Paris Hilton's music sucked because she couldn't sing, but the songs were at least carefully thought out to appeal to her audience.

You're right, this album was made my Abraham and only one other person, so what you hear is what she envisioned without a big record label changing all her songs. And to me it's just... unsettling. How can someone who's had cameras following them since they were 16 have such little self-awareness? By being nuts, that's how.

Myself, rather than bizarre I’m going to say Farrah’s album is certainly one of the stupidest in a few years.  As stated, the music is just there, she destroyed it with her mouth.  It’s ridiculous and stupid.  Keep in mind she completed the final song, sat back and listened, and said YES this is what I was going for!

Lol at someone on Reddit thinking it was brilliant.  Oh my

Just finished listening to "Metropolis 2", and am listening to the album "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence", both by Dream Theater. Great tunes so far.

:pop:

• Like 3

Listening to Young Madonna:

Stratocaster with a Telecaster neck?

Read the news about Asia Argento and had to think of this:

Kudos to Asia Argento. But Hurriganes is the most famous Finnish rock'n roll band. They recorded one of their best records about 500 metres from where I live. My dad very well knew the recording "engineer", in the cellar where no one could stand up. Two years before that, they recorded their most famous album at the ABBA studios in Stockholm. Dr Feelgood wanted the Hurriganes guitarist who was born about 2000 metres from where I live.