Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

The drummer rests in an unmarked grave (as per Wiki).  If I lived over there I'd drum up (a-hem) some of you to donate a few quid and get him a right proper headstone.   I'm quite serious about that, I find it appalling.
If you know of someone over here in the States what needs a headstone I'll go put a cross on it and the DL website symbol as a gesture and take a photo to post.   Course when someone in the press gets ahold of the cross/skull thing, it'll go viral 'a cult is about!"
SC

What drummer?

2 hours ago, Toast said:

What drummer?

for The Sweet 

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The drummer rests in an unmarked grave (as per Wiki).  If I lived over there I'd drum up (a-hem) some of you to donate a few quid and get him a right proper headstone.   I'm quite serious about that, I find it appalling.

Whoever the deceased may be, it's up to the family to decide whether to install a headstone.  For all outsiders know, the deceased may not have wanted one.

You have to get permission from the diocese in the case of churchyard burials, and in my diocese (Oxford) they wouldn't grant it to anyone without the agreement of the family.  I know this from a little spat I had with an interfering busybody about my mother's grave.  There were reasons why I delayed getting a headstone, but said person declared they would put one up because I hadn't.  They got nowhere with that, and rightly so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Course when someone in the press gets ahold of the cross/skull thing, it'll go viral 'a cult is about!"

SC

Your spell check seems to be faulty there Chief..........

icon_mrgreen.gif

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, charon said:
5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Course when someone in the press gets ahold of the cross/skull thing, it'll go viral 'a cult is about!"

SC

Your spell check seems to be faulty there Chief..........

icon_mrgreen.gif

haha that's like the time I came home from 3rd grade got one wrong on my spelling test, dad says what word did you get wrong, I say 'posse', he says no wonder you got it wrong you don't know how to pronounce it.

• Haha 2

Garbage. 

• Like 1

Blossoms. Very unshit.

On 29/10/2018 at 17:30, Toast said:

Whoever the deceased may be, it's up to the family to decide whether to install a headstone.  For all outsiders know, the deceased may not have wanted one.

You have to get permission from the diocese in the case of churchyard burials, and in my diocese (Oxford) they wouldn't grant it to anyone without the agreement of the family.  I know this from a little spat I had with an interfering busybody about my mother's grave.  There were reasons why I delayed getting a headstone, but said person declared they would put one up because I hadn't.  They got nowhere with that, and rightly so.

In the case of the grave of Mick Tucker - which is where this started - there's a plaque on a nearby bench commemorating him. Presumably because his wife and daughter decided that was what they wanted

And whilst I'm on this thread - currently listening to Hawkwind, In Search of Space

Banging out the French tunes.

Found this digging through the racks of my local 2nd hand record store. 

Perfect for Bovember

Ron Wood.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably only a handful of people in the world were aware of Kay Nakayama's musical artistic merit before Playstation's Gran Turismo series put his stuff on their soundtrack. Shame; this stirring piece is absolutely exquisite.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Enjoying a bit of Mozart. Rondo alla Turca. 

That's awful. This is the real Rondo alla Turca.

This has never been my favorite album from the group, but it has really grown on me during the past few months: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

This has never been my favorite album from the group, but it has really grown on me during the past few months: 

50 years old on November 22 and still one of the best albums of all time. Impossible to pick a favourite track.

2 hours ago, redrumours said:

Impossible to pick a favourite track.

Probably not Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

Probably not Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, though.

Revolution #9 would say something about you too

For me While my Guitar is as good as that great album gets

Incidentally - currently surviving the will to live on Monday issues with this cheery missive about atomic weaponry

@maryportfuncity I genuinely can't stand a lot of beatles songs (come together makes me want to scratch ny ears off, hey jude wants to make me go on a shooting spree in any crowd that sings it, obla di dah makes me want to listen to drills being fired up next to my head) but While My Guitar is honestly one of the best songs ever made. Along with Blackbird one of only two songs on that album i'd actually pull up to listen to on their own. 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

@maryportfuncity I genuinely can't stand a lot of beatles songs (come together makes me want to scratch ny ears off, hey jude wants to make me go on a shooting spree in any crowd that sings it, obla di dah makes me want to listen to drills being fired up next to my head) but While My Guitar is honestly one of the best songs ever made. Along with Blackbird one of only two songs on that album i'd actually pull up to listen to on their own. 

Good call cos that's - sort of - what I think. Though Julia is a hearbreaker when you realise he's grieving for his mother and Goodnight for all it's syrupy qualities is as good a vocal as Ringo ever did for them (the new version with the rest of the band harmonising on the 7CD set shows how much that song was crafted for Ringo)