Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

nellie melba puccini tosca "vissi d'arte, vissi d'amore"

32 years old (1987 releases) this wee sampling of my collection.  

How fucking old you feel now!? Lmao

As you can see I’m all over the map on music, I’ll listen to anything if it’s good.

SC

9DCC3532-15F6-429C-A8D1-A179A55B093F.jpeg

Been having a big XTC kick lately, they're my favourite band, and despite the production flaws of their album The Big Express, I find this song to be among their very best, has a Synchronicity era Police feel to it.

• Like 2

Not something I do very often but listening to my newly acquired copy of a current chart album:

• Like 1

Just quite cool!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Just quite cool!!

Saw this live!  Fun show.
I can attest to a certain 8-year old (and Inverse DP participant) finding much favour with this song in 2019.

• Like 1

This post proves that I am mad and need a ban and a second lobotomy. Why listen to this kind of dated crap when we've got hundreds of rappers and pop bimbos. Moderator, do something!

Final proof of my Ricard fueled madness. Jeanne Demessieux died 51 years ago. No one should listen to her records! Moderator, please act! At least pretend to be competent as you always do. Punish me! Invent a reason if you need to. I suggest a ban until March 2020

12 minutes ago, bladan said:

Final proof of my Ricard fueled madness. Jeanne Demessieux died 51 years ago. No one should listen to her records! Moderator, please act! At least pretend to be competent as you always do. Punish me! Invent a reason if you need to. I suggest a ban until March 2020

Your liver's not lasting that long you cunt

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Your liver's not lasting that long you cunt

Thanks but my time-tested booze-tested Finnish liver is super. Do you know who was Simo Häyhä? My dad saw him once. That makes me Häyhä's successor. The only one. Häyhä killed only 500 men in a few weeks. I can do better. After 5 minutes of shooting, I got the gold medal in the Finnish Army. So I'm the deadliest man in history. All British livers are failing. A result of centuries of  mother-fucking in that puny island. That's why you're undergoing on (YES! That's it? Thanks to my English teachers) this Brexshit. Have you seen Raiders of the Lost York? Whatever. The Lost York means the Lost New Yew York. The dork. The drinking contest. This night I'm the lady and you're the loser

Yes - my favourite band, though usually don’t think of them a lot these days.  This song, however, got stuck in my head today so I’m trying to release it here.  But for it’s unfortunate title it could have been more widely accepted in 1970 or so.  Great song.  And look—they’re just babies!   Song was the theme for one of our Yank sporting events for a few years early-mid 1970’s but it vexes me which one.

29 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Yes - my favourite band, though usually don’t think of them a lot these days.  This song, however, got stuck in my head today so I’m trying to release it here.  But for it’s unfortunate title it could have been more widely accepted in 1970 or so.  Great song.  And look—they’re just babies!   Song was the theme for one of our Yank sporting events for a few years early-mid 1970’s but it vexes me which one.

Yes was No. An awful band. I'm glad it's gone. Perhaps there is God after all

New development in my love-hate relationship with Weezer:

It's not groundbreaking but I'm really enjoying it.

Touching love ballad with a Cumbrian flavour:

EDIT: Of course I drunk posted David Guetta. I'm not going to find this acceptable sober, am I?

Callas, del Monaco, Simionato. The A-team

Tbh, I’m not a fan of most glam metal but Van Halen is actually quite enjoyable. Probably because they sound closer to actual metal than most glam does...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbh, I’m not a fan of most glam metal but Van Halen is actually quite enjoyable. Probably because they sound closer to actual metal than most glam does...

Probably because they aren't a fucking metal band.

3 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Probably because they aren't a fucking metal band.

What are you drinking? Must be good

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bladan said:

What are you drinking? Must be good

Beats the paint stripper you always seem to be on anyway.

Only days away!  

Here your Scottish wedding ditty...

Fandango,by the same great artist and Soler.