Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Memories from 1987: I watched wrestling, Deadly Ernest show and this while doing a student nurse

• Haha 1

All you need is more pistols

• Like 1

Played by a master, digitized by bladey. I attendend one of his last concerts

4 minutes ago, bladan said:

I need Yorkshire beer

Given the fact that you appear to be posting each track as you listen to it the last thing you need is more alcohol.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, En Passant said:

Given the fact that you appear to be posting each track as you listen to it the last thing you need is more alcohol.

Beer isn't alcohol, it's almost 100 % water

• Like 1

I was there!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  ... not.

• Like 2

In the never-ending search for a DL theme song...

The Otis Taylor on my Deadpool teams is the NFL player, not the blues singer.  As for the blues singer, let’s just set this here:

Not one track in particular, but I’ve been listening to Radio 1 this morning at work. Now I really don’t mind new music at all, but lyrically they’re all so identically vulgar and it’s starting to boil my piss.

Rewind 10 years and every new song you’d listen to would make reference to being in a ‘clurb’, dancing with some poor unsuspecting ‘piece of ass’ that you’d expect these awful people would spike in reality.

Today, however, they appear to be buying their silence with the amount of cash they’ve all apparently got. Three songs in a row; first one mentioned about 5 different clothing brands and a Lamborghini. The second geezer, nice bloke, was out and out laughing that he was ‘at the bank again’ and ‘they wonder how he guap like that’. I had to look up what guap meant - means having some mad dosh, amazingly enough. Same geezer then demanded you look at his watch. Third bloke, he was tremendous. “Making six-figure moves (?), with a four-figure outfit, three course meal, I puts my money where my mouth is, no two ways about it”. There’s no two ways about this - he’s a terrible wazzock.

These awful, vulgar, vapid narcissists are topping the charts today. Still, at least we’ve partially moved on from the date-rapey smarmy cunts from last decade. Maybe they’ve been lost to the #MeToo movement or something.

It’s fine to listen to, but thank fuck rock and indie still exist.

FKA Twigs' new album Magdalene:

Not easy, somewhere in the Kate Bush / Björk sphere, sometimes as ugly as it is beautiful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Not one track in particular, but I’ve been listening to Radio 1 this morning at work. Now I really don’t mind new music at all, but lyrically they’re all so identically vulgar and it’s starting to boil my piss.

Rewind 10 years and every new song you’d listen to would make reference to being in a ‘clurb’, dancing with some poor unsuspecting ‘piece of ass’ that you’d expect these awful people would spike in reality.

Today, however, they appear to be buying their silence with the amount of cash they’ve all apparently got. Three songs in a row; first one mentioned about 5 different clothing brands and a Lamborghini. The second geezer, nice bloke, was out and out laughing that he was ‘at the bank again’ and ‘they wonder how he guap like that’. I had to look up what guap meant - means having some mad dosh, amazingly enough. Same geezer then demanded you look at his watch. Third bloke, he was tremendous. “Making six-figure moves (?), with a four-figure outfit, three course meal, I puts my money where my mouth is, no two ways about it”. There’s no two ways about this - he’s a terrible wazzock.

These awful, vulgar, vapid narcissists are topping the charts today. Still, at least we’ve partially moved on from the date-rapey smarmy cunts from last decade. Maybe they’ve been lost to the #MeToo movement or something.

It’s fine to listen to, but thank fuck rock and indie still exist.

Been done, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Toast said:

Been done, too.

Enfield’s a bigger genius than he’s given credit for; who knew this was a premonition of the majority of Afrobeat music of the late 2010’s?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I’ve been listening to Radio 1 this morning at work

LOL

Back when they were excellent.

Really into this at the moment

Working on the best of the year show for our dedicated horde of listeners (especially the Aussies who think we're a morning show)

This is the opening track from the year's best album, if you believe Uncut magazine (who agreed with us on Low having the best album of 2018)

I mean, it's good, but can't see us being in agreement this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OrVUk61wHE

Meanwhile - THIS baby is awesome (and for real)

This week's 50p Friday offer if you visit the shop at Trunk Records online

28483506190054.jpeg

Revel in this awesomeness from Feeder! Old school grungy style rather than their softer approach they had in the 00's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz5FDFYGR3Q