Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

On 09/01/2020 at 22:16, Toast said:

I don't do Spotify since the time it opened infinite multiple tabs on my laptop and wouldn't shut down.

Further to this, in recent days I have found my laptop lagging increasingly to the point where doing something like a crossword or a Sudoku puzzle was frustratingly slow. 

Switching broadband providers made no difference, but it only seemed to be happening in Firefox.  I clean out the cache daily and the Firefox part has been taking an unusually long time lately.

Then I discovered that unbeknown to me Spotify had been installed on my laptop, presumably during some Firefox update.  I uninstalled it, and the problem was solved.

Really quite cross that this fucking thing found its way on to my computer behind my back.  It's caused me nothing but trouble.

• Like 3

I have absolutely no idea why or how this is suddenly the national anthem, my half-hearted internet research resulted in, "changing room antics. It's Scotland"

The atmosphere in the highlands is utterly incredible and much needed after this year so we're watching this. It's so exciting. Just look at them! 

Or not. Seems to be glitching YouTube again @Paul BearerBearerBearerBBeareBeBearBearerBeBearerBearerBeare

Fucking hell. Site's fucked, I can't delete that. Nobody ever try to tag Paul he's built a curse in. 

Edited by Boudicca
Site's fucked

1 hour ago, Boudicca said:

I have absolutely no idea why or how this is suddenly the national anthem, my half-hearted internet research resulted in, "changing room antics. It's Scotland"

The atmosphere in the highlands is utterly incredible and much needed after this year so we're watching this. It's so exciting. Just look at them! 

Or not. Seems to be glitching YouTube again @Paul BearerBearerBearerBBeareBeBearBearerBeBearerBearerBeare

Fucking hell. Site's fucked, I can't delete that. Nobody ever try to tag Paul he's built a curse in.

Is that an attempt to tag Paul or a reference to Paul Hardcastle's 19? :lol:

Basically, when Scotland actually qualified they went nuts, and the song playing on the locker room at that moment was Baccara. And of course, football fans, Scots and the internet can turn anything into a meme...

Thank god they weren't listening to Barry Manilow! Or Rolf! 

• Haha 1

I cannot even imagine the atmosphere in Glasgow @msc you've had it so very hard this year and you deserve every single laughs and joy to be got from this. Boogie!

• Like 1

It started on Andrew Constadine.  His mates dressed him up for his stag dooo

EDIT - I should say if you don't like Scottish footballers dressed up as women maybe this video isn't for you :)

• Like 1

I probably won't like that video but really, thanks for that info RIP Wee Jum. Cheers. 

They should only have to wear dresses if they, let’s say, wander 25 yards out of goal only to have themselves and a well-deposited ball of karma hit the back of the net.

SC

On 17/06/2021 at 08:08, Boudicca said:

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie: Why disco hit is now Scotland's unofficial anthem - BBC News

• Like 1

Måneskin, the Italian winners of Eurovision this year, have also done an English song that’s an absolute fucking bop. No official music vid yet, sadly.

I really really absolutely STUPIDLY went to London on an airplane and now I'm breathless. That's quite apart from the hotel fire alarm blaring when I had a fairly serious meeting the next day and spending two hours in the fucking car park in the rain with a silver foil cape and mask after midnight like a Pound Shop superhero.

My hotel review is going to be epic.**

Anyways. I'm poorly and you should all be feeling really sorry for me and Mudhoney needs invoking.

**When I say epic I mean it will be totally fucking blistering. There were actual real airline pilots staying there. It's really quite important they get their sleep surely? Men flying planes having their night disturbed!

Might go almost Deathray level even.

And aye I obviously made sure they weren't flying me back to Inverness the next day.

Fucking epic new one from NBT

I just wanted to say, for a trio of 50-somethings, my stupid band I’m in, that we cobbled together with three folks who can’t play a lick, is having a lot of fun and doing original crap and I’m enjoying playing bass for the first time in two decades.  Not sure who else plays an instrument around here but I hope you are able to do the same.  
SirC

• Like 1

Meanwhile, while this (see photos) was going on in the Highlands and/or Islands, Sir Creep was inspired to listen to a Dr Demento all-time classic:

BCB68F95-9567-40B3-B965-E396D28F72EE.jpeg

AC227813-32B9-425C-B291-B43B6660F36A.jpeg

Need some fresh retro sound today:

So what do I hear or see?

- Visage

- Lipps, Inc.

- Shakespears Sister

- Ladytron

- Client

- Giorgio Moroder

• Like 3