Joey Russ

What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Former Blue Peter presenter Simon Groom's stunning Europop take on The King:

• Sad 1

Simon Groom - I have that abomination, haven't inflicted it on the listeners, yet! There's a weekly World's Worst Records Show (easily found online and presented by a guy called Darryl Bullock who may be Britain's greatest authority on audio shite offered for sale, just sayin' 

Meanwhile, I've just discovered a strange ensemble from Peterborough who clearly like the doomy side of David Bowie's Low album.

Link: https://werringtonsynthclub.bandcamp.com/album/the-puddingbag-tape

a3289886831_16.jpg

:D One for the ladies of DL 

Vesa-Matti Loiri performing at the 60th birthday concert of schlager, country singer Kari Tapio (1945-2010) in 2005. Very creative and charismatic in this one. And probably drunk, too.

Kill

Mother

Fucking

Depeche

Mode

(shoulda posted this a month ago)

• Like 1

Muse’s new album, Will of the People. It might be their ninth but they’ve still got it, in fact I think it’s their best stuff in around 15 years. 

This is one of my faves from the album: We Are Fucking Fucked

• Like 2

Cheerful little ditty.

• Like 1

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ran into one of my local supermarkets to grab a few things this morning and whatever satellite radio station they have on was blasting "Hocus Pocus" by Focus.... for some reason, I seemed to be the only one in the store excited by this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Corri em um dos meus supermercados locais para comprar algumas coisas esta manhã e qualquer estação de rádio via satélite que eles estivessem tocando "Hocus Pocus" da Focus... por algum motivo, eu parecia ser o único na loja animado com isto

I love

Just heard that German pop export Kim Petras has reached the no.1 slot on the US charts with the Sam Smith collaboration "Unholy" (not bad...not very good either). I knew of her, but never really listened to her.

So I just discovered her 2022 EP "Slut Pop", containing masterpieces like "Treat me like a slut" and "They Wanna Fuck".

And of course, "Throat Goat":

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Just heard that German pop export Kim Petras has reached the no.1 slot on the US charts with the Sam Smith collaboration "Unholy" (not bad...not very good either). I knew of her, but never really listened to her.

So I just discovered her 2022 EP "Slut Pop", containing masterpieces like "Treat me like a slut" and "They Wanna Fuck".

And of course, "Throat Goat":

I'd heard of Petras entirely because of a trans friend who is far more "here and now" savvy than I. Life is weird, the friend is a good deal older than me but she introduces me to modern music and I introduce her to 60s stuff!

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 14:33, maryportfuncity said:

Simon Groom - I have that abomination, haven't inflicted it on the listeners, yet! There's a weekly World's Worst Records Show (easily found online and presented by a guy called Darryl Bullock who may be Britain's greatest authority on audio shite offered for sale, just sayin' 

Here's some off-the-beaten-track bad music: the soundtrack to Hong Kong 97, the infamous "worst video game ever," was released in very limited edition (100 copies) on red vinyl two years ago, and is so hard to find online the places that do talk about it refuse to mention where they purchased it. If you can make it past a minute on this you're a better man than me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Here's some off-the-beaten-track bad music: the soundtrack to Hong Kong 97, the infamous "worst video game ever," was released in very limited edition (100 copies) on red vinyl two years ago, and is so hard to find online the places that do talk about it refuse to mention where they purchased it. If you can make it past a minute on this you're a better man than me.

I would suggest that the CIA should use this as a crueller alternative to water-boarding.

• Like 1

Movingly beautiful, every time.

• Like 5

Hate the Tories? Hate the sausage roll cunts? Then stream this on a loop from 16th December.

• Like 3

When I first heard this as a kid, it lit a fire in me, it opened up my world to the sound of Ska, and the possibility that the music my dad listened to wasn’t all a load of old crap. I’ve always had a broad taste in music and this is one of those formative songs. I owe The Specials a lot. RIP Terry Hall.

Also FTR this is better than EVERYTHING in the KoS game.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

In about September my wife got the latest release from her favorite J-Rock band ONE OK Rock - Luxury Disease

Since then if she is in the car with  me that is the only thing we listen to

It is a great album with some standout tracks and much heavier than their last rather poppy Americanised one

One of Detroit’s finest.

He repeats the song’s primary message in case you miss it the first time.  

Came up on shuffle earlier and my god I forgot how good this was. Early/mid-00s indie rock kicks the fuck out of most things.

• Like 3

• Like 2