Grim Reaper

Olivia De Havilland

What idiot put Olivia on this list? She's probably one of the healthiest 97 year olds on the planet right now! She's probably gonna live well into her 100's.

She might still meet with some sort of accident .....

What idiot put Olivia on this list? She's probably one of the healthiest 97 year olds on the planet right now! She's probably gonna live well into her 100's.

She could get blown away by a hurricane or tornado, that would make for the funniest headlines/Deathlist front-page-entry title ever.

• Like 4

While I suspect she'll see three digits, nothing is a certainty especially at her age. Anna Wing seemed perfectly healthy too and now she's a goner.

She could always get shot or taken by a shark.

"Olivia de Havilland eaten by shark; Fontaine refuses to confirm shark worked for her"?

She's on the list for the same reason Eli is - not particularly ill, but once you get their age, one day time runs out on you. So it goes.

So who does everyone think will go first- Olivia De Havilland or Joan Fontaine?

I think it is a bit harsh to be critical about putting someone who is 96 on the list.

I imagine that for any individual who is 96 I bet the statistics for dying before reaching 97 must be at least into double figues.

I am indeed correct I have just found out that the liklihood for a woman who is 96 of dying within the year is 25%.

So if we picked a list of 96 yearold women we should get 12 hits just by probability.

The statistics comes from a maths website on understanding uncertainty.

However the author might consider our use of his information a debasement of science.

I really wonder who will live longer, Olivia or Fontaine. I read somewhere that "de Havilland proactively wanted their mother (who was suffering from cancer) to be treated surgically, at the advanced age of 88, which Joan apparently did not think was a good idea."

Now, could this possibly be an indication that Joan Fontaine would refuse medical surgery if such a situation arose for her? And vice versa for Olivia? Maybe the latter one would have an advantage in that aspect and live longer, while the former would value life quality over quantity?

Another thing to consider...their feud stemmed from Fontaine sensing that Olivia was their mother's favourite child. Jealousy is a negative emotion, and negative emotions are considered to be counterproductive towards longevity. Would this give Olivia yet another advantage? Olivia doesn't have much of a reason to be jealous of her little sister, because she had a much more successful career (objectively speaking).

• Like 3

Guest Owen

Shame her younger sister Joan Fontaine died before her!!

Guest Guest

yeah 2 hits in one night would have been virtually unpresidented

I really wonder who will live longer, Olivia or Fontaine.

Now you know.

• Like 2

We picked the wrong sister.

I just found this clip of surviving past Oscar winners from 2011, hosted by none other than Olivia herself:

Both she and Luise Rainer look fairly lively for their ages here.... Then again, Borgnine looked good too....

I just found this clip of surviving past Oscar winners from 2011, hosted by none other than Olivia herself:

Both she and Luise Rainer look fairly lively for their ages here.... Then again, Borgnine looked good too....

Uploaded in 2011 but the video itself is from 2003.

Shouldn't De Havilland be in the "2014 Names" forum?

Shouldn't De Havilland be in the "2014 Names" forum?

You mean that she isn't? :closedeyes:

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Topic moved from general forum.

I thought she was looking remarkably good for 97 in that photo but ....

"Olivia de Havilland wearing her Hubble Medal of Initiative she received from the Missouri Cherry Blossom Festival. in 2012. She did not attend but had her picture made with her medal."

Guest Guest

She has reportedly recovered and is expected to go home soon.