Grim Reaper

Olivia De Havilland

Her Zsa Zsa and Billy Graham must really be motivated to live long enough to see the World Cup in Dubai

• Like 1

Her Zsa Zsa and Billy Graham must really be motivated to live long enough to see the World Cup in Dubai

They haven't even bid for it yet, and the one after Quatar might - shock horror - be awarded in a fairly honest bidding process and it'll go to another continent.

It'll be back in the Middle East sometime around 2036 at the earliest, making Olivia 120!

f6cy3AN.gif

In glorious black and white

• Like 1

look on the bright side. This backlog must surely guarantee us at least 20 hits next year !

Only one of the top 5 still living. Is this the most deaths in the top 5 ever?

Only one of the top 5 still living. Is this the most deaths in the top 5 ever?

2013 had 4 deaths in the top 5 as well. Biggs, Chavez, Kalashnikov, and Priebke, with the lone survivor being Clive James

I was watching "Captain Blood" with her and Errol Flynn yesterday and suddenly thought to myself: "It feels really weird to watch a black and white movie from 1935 whose lead actress is still with us."

• Like 5

I had much the same feeling a few years back with The Great Ziegfeld. Then Luise Rainer died, and spoiled the whole thing.

• Like 2

She will not die this year. Maybe next year.

I am tired of seeing these dusty threads updated with no actual updates! and that's coming from me!

• Like 1

The last Update from Olivia de Havilland was an interview about her 100th birthday.

She gave this interview recently - no health updates in it.

On 6/7/2017 at 23:13, Life Is Beautiful said:

I was watching "Captain Blood" with her and Errol Flynn yesterday and suddenly thought to myself: "It feels really weird to watch a black and white movie from 1935 whose lead actress is still with us."

I feel the same way about Wizard Of Oz with Jerry Maren.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Pretty weird that they'd wanna honour her just now. Like someone in the talent scouting team came across this interview with her and said: "Oh, Melanie from 'Gone with the Wind' is still here at 101? We could make her a Dame so we'd honour a centenarian in the centenary year of the modern-day honours system."

OTOH, at least she deserves it, unlike the likes to David Walliams or Jonathan Ross (like they'd wanna honour every guy they've seen on the telly at least twice, regardless of their individual achievements or moral character.)

I think it is a deserved honour .Olivia has always been an underated actress in my view.

• Like 6

On 2017-07-01 at 03:18, Death Impends said:

Celebrating the big 101 by suing FX for Feud's portrayal of her.

I'm going to make a bold prediction of how the events will unfold:

Olivia sues FX ---> Catherine Zeta-Jones (who portrayed Olivia) gets mad at Olivia ---> Kirk Douglas meddles in the conflict by writing an editorial in Huffington Post defending CZJ and bashing Olivia ---> Olivia & Kirk initiate a vicious verbal feud ---> Both croak of exhaustion towards the end of the year, which contributes to the DL 2017 breaking the DL record ---> FX produces a series of episodes called Feud: Olivia and Kirk that depict the centenarians' fight.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Honestly, for the past couple of months I've been expecting her to die before her 101st birthday because of this:

On 6/30/2016 at 10:40, Predictor said:

When the play A Midsummer Night's Dream was produced in 1934, the following cast was initially chosen for the role of Hermia:

Hermia: Gloria Stuart

Hermia (1st understudy): Jean Rouverol

Hermia (2nd understudy): Olivia de Havilland

Olivia ended up getting the role eventually, and also in the film version a year later.

Guess who is turning 100 in a mere seven days? I call it the 'Hermian centenarian phenomenon'. ;)

On 6/30/2016 at 17:26, Eesti said:

Gloria Stuard died aged 100. I guess it would be crazy if Jean Rouverol and Olivia de Havilland would also die aged 100.

Jean Rouverol did die aged 100, back in March.

But Olivia lives on...