Grim Reaper

Olivia De Havilland

On 29/04/2020 at 15:53, Predictor said:

You owe me an apology for calling me a guest, you fucking bitch. Guess who's outlived Barbara Kent? I've waited seven freaking years for this moment.

The seven year bitch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time said:

This here is (/claims to be) 103 year-old Olivia out for a ride on her trike!

I bet that picture is at least three years old.

On 26/05/2020 at 13:38, The Old Crem said:

I bet that picture is at least three years old.

If this pic is genuine take her off the list for the next 5 years at least ! This is the sort of thing that fills me with despair ! 

update- the pic appears to have been taken last year on her 103rd birthday.Still in incredible shape at that age! There is no chance of her dying in the next 5 years ! https://revistaquem.globo.com/QUEM-News/noticia/2019/07/olivia-de-havilland-de-e-o-vento-levou-celebra-os-103-anos-andando-de-bicicleta.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

If this pic is genuine take her off the list for the next 5 years at least ! This is the sort of thing that fills me with despair ! 

update- the pic appears to have been taken last year on her 103rd birthday.Still in incredible shape at that age! There is no chance of her dying in the next 5 yearshttps://revistaquem.globo.com/QUEM-News/noticia/2019/07/olivia-de-havilland-de-e-o-vento-levou-celebra-os-103-anos-andando-de-bicicleta.html

Of course there is.  Old people often die suddenly, even if they are fit and active.  Example:  Charles Aznavour.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Of course there is.  Old people often die suddenly, even if they are fit and active.  Example:  Charles Aznavour.

Example: Bob Weighton

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, roaming_comrade said:

Example: Bob Weighton

Well, he had cancer.  We just weren't told about it.  But equally we might not be told if OdH was ill.

Jack LaLanne is a great example. The man was physically fit well into his 90s and worked out all the time during that period. He still died

9 hours ago, Toast said:

The ones who make it past 100 seem to have something extra that keeps them going long past everyone else though. There's a reason why they lived to be that old after all. !Extra tough genes! I can't see someone who can ride a bike at 103 dying any time soon ! 

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

The ones who make it past 100 seem to have something extra that keeps them going long past everyone else though. There's a reason why they lived to be that old after all. !Extra tough genes! I can't see someone who can ride a bike at 103 dying any time soon ! 

What if she falls off her bike though?  :evil2:

I think this photo is a fair bit older than people are assuming. For starters, look at the background. It doesn't look like any street I've ever seen in Paris, or France for that matter. When did she last visit the US? 

That photo is from her 90th birthday. You have to do a fair bit of searching but you get there in the end. So it's from 2006.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, NJD123 said:

I think this photo is a fair bit older than people are assuming. For starters, look at the background. It doesn't look like any street I've ever seen in Paris, or France for that matter. When did she last visit the US? 

That post box is a giveaway.

There are odd little streets in Paris that have houses a bit like that, but they tend to be narrow cobbled lanes.  Not the ideal place for a centenarian to be cycling :lol:

If you look at the New York Times photo they took in 2018, she'd clearly aged since the bike photo but still looked great for her advanced age imo.

04HAVILLAND-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&au

February 2018 according to the NY Times citation.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, msc said:

If you look at the New York Times photo they took in 2018, she'd clearly aged since the bike photo but still looked great for her advanced age imo.

04HAVILLAND-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&au

February 2018 according to the NY Times citation.

Very elegant and grand. A fabulous photograph of a centenarian. 

They don’t need to take her off of the list but maybe symbolically lower her rank would be enough ? I can see some better candidates for the 3rd spot

At 103 she could go at any time sadly. But what a life she has had and unlike some of the ancients who have graced the list she has clearly enjoyed decent health in extreme old age so has hopefully been aware of and enjoyed being a centenarian. Ultimately in the lottery of life that's as good as it gets. 

• Like 3

posting in here (as this is the appropriate place)

There seems some debate about whether it is 2006 or 2011. But I'll say, regardless of whether it's 2006, 2011 or 2019, she is doing magnificently for her advanced age.

If you look at more recent pictures of OdH, she does "look" a lot older than in this photo. 

If you look at this twitter picture, it has the entire picture - https://twitter.com/GilpinPeri/status/1145704850933477382, which you'd have to say is more likely to be the US than France. If so, her last visit to the US appears to be around 2011. Peri Gilpin has shared the photo, but I'd be surprised if that was taken by Peri on that day, it seems something's she shared and the twitterati have responded to. Also, a French paper claimed it was in 2019, but I cannot find that link which makes me think that they may've made a mistake and removed the article.

Then 3 days later, Olivia's page on Facebook posted it. There's a number of comments in there about it being 2006. But I can't find the movie forums they refer to.

In 2016, in this report from the Daily Fail - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3670080/AP-Interview-De-Havilland-breaks-silence-sibling-feud.html  there is a quote about her eyesight failing which brings into question whether she would ride a bike with that vision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone mentioned that it's actually a tricycle, not a bike?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

Check my original post!

9 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

posting in here (as this is the appropriate place)

There seems some debate about whether it is 2006 or 2011. But I'll say, regardless of whether it's 2006, 2011 or 2019, she is doing magnificently for her advanced age.

If you look at more recent pictures of OdH, she does "look" a lot older than in this photo. 

If you look at this twitter picture, it has the entire picture - https://twitter.com/GilpinPeri/status/1145704850933477382, which you'd have to say is more likely to be the US than France. If so, her last visit to the US appears to be around 2011. Peri Gilpin has shared the photo, but I'd be surprised if that was taken by Peri on that day, it seems something's she shared and the twitterati have responded to. Also, a French paper claimed it was in 2019, but I cannot find that link which makes me think that they may've made a mistake and removed the article.

Then 3 days later, Olivia's page on Facebook posted it. There's a number of comments in there about it being 2006. But I can't find the movie forums they refer to.

In 2016, in this report from the Daily Fail - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3670080/AP-Interview-De-Havilland-breaks-silence-sibling-feud.html  there is a quote about her eyesight failing which brings into question whether she would ride a bike with that vision.

It didn't stop Dom Cummings from driving 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Toast said:

And how the hell is she pedaling with crossed legs?

Her legs arent crossed, thanks for forcing me to look closely

• Haha 2

I’ve just discovered that Renee Simonot used to dub Olivia. Now Renee is the oldest living actress in the world, followed by Olivia. Funny coïncidence. 

• Like 7