Grim Reaper

Olivia De Havilland

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

Like Norman Lloyd who turn 106 in November

Yeah but sadly, he’s not on the list...

Imagine 2005 when Olivia de Havilland first showed up on the DL at age 88 and probably eveyone thought: "Yeah, what a great pick this very old lady is in this very year!" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Incidentally Brooke Astor is the only one who reached her 105th birthday.Will Olivia be the 2nd .If she makes it to mid november next year she would be the oldest deathlist name ever.Unless someone older is included on next years list of course !

What about Ruby Muhammed in DL 07?

Not only is Olivia among the oldest DeathList names ever, but she wasn't just thrown in there when she was 100+. She has been predicted to die by the committee for three consecutive decades now. Her survival is like a metaphorical fuck you to all those committee members. Who knows, maybe she's already outlived most of them, cuz let's face it, if you've been adult since since 1987, you're not exactly a youngster no more. I bet in the most recent years, the "committee" has been just Welshman and Paul Bearer at this point, lolol.

• Shocked 1

Variety falls for the tricycle hoax. On her 104th birthday no photos of Olivia are anywhere to be seen. She could be in excellent health or bedridden and frail, we just can't know.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Predictor said:

What about Ruby Muhammed in DL 07?

Not only is Olivia among the oldest DeathList names ever, but she wasn't just thrown in there when she was 100+. She has been predicted to die by the committee for three consecutive decades now. Her survival is like a metaphorical fuck you to all those committee members. Who knows, maybe she's already outlived most of them, cuz let's face it, if you've been adult since since 1987, you're not exactly a youngster no more. I bet in the most recent years, the "committee" has been just Welshman and Paul Bearer at this point, lolol.

Pretty sure it transpired Ruby Muhammad wasn't as old as she was claimed to be on the DL.

Apparently her DOB has been pinned down to 1907 so she would "only" have been 99...

Edit: On DL, she was 110!

32 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

Pretty sure it transpired Ruby Muhammad wasn't as old as she was claimed to be on the DL.

Apparently her DOB has been pinned down to 1907 so she would "only" have been 99...

Edit: On DL, she was 110!

Yeah I never believed she was as old as they claimed so I'm not including her..Wikipedia says she died just before her 104th birthday so thats probably the truth.

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Yeah but sadly, he’s not on the list...

Maybe next year if he is still alive then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Variety falls for the tricycle hoax. On her 104th birthday no photos of Olivia are anywhere to be seen. She could be in excellent health or bedridden and frail, we just can't know.

If she doesn't  make any public appearances for her birthday we can probably assume she's pretty frail.

We had 4 people reach the age of 104 on DeathList before: Rose Kennedy, Brooke Astor, Oscar Niemeyer and Luise Rainer. Oscar Niemeyer and Luise Rainer both died very shortly before their 105th, Rose Kennedy got halfway there and only Brooke Astor made it there and then 4 months.

• Like 2

:lol: @  "the tricycle hoax".  

honestly, I wish her a few more birthdays, I would be really sad to see her go this year, she is such an icon, a classy woman, one of the greatest actress of her generation. I found her phone number on the french phone book but I never had the guts to call : I feel like this is something I'm gonna regret one day… 

• Like 2

Thanks for the picture! That's the first one of Olivia in a wheelchair, I think. She is probably on a stroll in Paris there, so it's possible that she can still walk small distances in private. And she does look well, if a little irritated.

However, there is obviously a lot of speculation as she is a very private person and there are only a few public appearances. I think the last pictures before that were from a foto shooting in December 2018 which were posted on the Olivia de Havilland facebook page a year ago.

And there is another picture from 2018: https://www.theoldie.co.uk/blog/there-is-nothing-like-a-dame

• Like 1

Impossible to predict once they get to this age. She could go tonight, she could last another 3-4 years tops. It's fair to say she's probably the best-looking centenarian there has been on the list in every sense though. 

• Like 1

I think the fact she’s now in a wheelchair might be an indication that she’s less likely to be a supercentenarian now though 

I find extremely strange no one in the photos is wearing masks...

Anyway she is wheelchair-bound, obese and does not watch directly into the camera. This year or next.

3 hours ago, drol said:

She is wheelchair-bound, obese and does not watch directly into the camera. This year or next.

Quite possible. Wouldn't put it past her to live until January 2022 just to piss you off!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, drol said:

Anyway she is wheelchair-bound, obese and does not watch directly into the camera. This year or next.

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I think the fact she’s now in a wheelchair might be an indication that she’s less likely to be a supercentenarian now though 

What if she's not really in need of a wheelchair but has a fondness of rebuses and want us to solve it? Let's see here...wheelchair...:wheelchair: hmm...we'll cheer...I GOT IT. WE'LL CHEER WHEN OLIVIA TURNS 110 YEARS OLD. It's happening, boys and girls! :D

Edited to add: Also, there are 4 pictures from that occasion. 110 divided by 4 = 27.5. She was 27 in 1943. One of the films she was in that year was Thank Your Lucky Stars. It was a cameo appearance. It's a good omen that the stars of the universe will bless Olivia in the future as well.

6 hours ago, drol said:

Obese?

She is 104, ffs!!!

Her weight, and she is not OBESE, is going to have little to now impact on her longevity now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drol said:

Obese? What fat fucker said that? 

On 02/07/2020 at 23:32, chiesa52 said:

Check this out, she seems to be doing pretty good!   https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/02/olivia-de-havilland-104-birthday-riding-bike-12935769/

I suppose this is the tricycle hoax again  LOL

same bike, same spot in the street, same clothes, because it's the same pic ! 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Obese?

She is 104, ffs!!!

Her weight, and she is not OBESE, is going to have little to now impact on her longevity now.

I agree! And at her age it is rather an indicator that she still has a healthy appetite and enjoys life. A lot of very frail old people rather seem to lose weight.

About the wheelchair, one doesn't really know if she is completely wheelchair-bound. I know a number of old people who can still walk a small stretch but rely on a wheelchair etc. if they have a certain way to make, which was obviously the case with the Olivia's visit to the church. She was still standing in the picture from 2018, but two years are a long time for a 104-year-old in terms of health - not in terms of years.

• Like 1