Jump to content
Grim Reaper

3. Olivia De Havilland

Recommended Posts

On 04/06/2020 at 07:13, Lafaucheuse said:

I’ve just discovered that Renee Simonot used to dub Olivia. Now Renee is the oldest living actress in the world, followed by Olivia. Funny coïncidence. 

OLIVIA IS NOT THE 2ND OLDEST ACTRESS IN THE WORLD THE 2ND OLDEST IS MARY WARD BREHENY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bollocks, forgot Mary Ward for Miracle Aligner's Soap Opera thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

OLIVIA IS NOT THE 2ND OLDEST ACTRESS IN THE WORLD THE 2ND OLDEST IS MARY WARD BREHENY

No need to yell 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She might well life to see her most famous film be banned n campaign running to remove it from HBO Max. It seems very ott to ban it from a streaming platform where offering resources  putting It in context would be easy to provide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2020 at 00:24, Jasper de Havilland said:

OLIVIA IS NOT THE 2ND OLDEST ACTRESS IN THE WORLD THE 2ND OLDEST IS MARY WARD BREHENY

Hard to believe she played the part of the OAP inmate Mum Brookes in Prisoner Cell Block H way back in 1979 ! I loved that show.Watched it twice from beginning to end, all 692 episodes ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Hard to believe she played the part of the OAP inmate Mum Brookes in Prisoner Cell Block H way back in 1979 ! I loved that show.Watched it twice from beginning to end, all 692 episodes ! 

 

It's interesting to compare how actors who played older people seemed then compared to how they actually aged, e.g. Max von Sydow being aged up as the Old Priest in the Exorcist from 44 to 74, compared to his on screen appearances as e.g. Director Lamar Burgess in Minority Report aged 73 in 2002, or as the Three Eyed Raven in GoT when he was a bit older still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Olivia de Haviland is now deemed to be politically incorrect.Gone with the Wind is now gone with the winds of change ! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52990714

Utter nonsense it is such a great film. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Philip said:

Utter nonsense it is such a great film. 

A Classic, ridiculous decision, this is part of history 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Olivia de Haviland is now deemed to be politically incorrect.Gone with the Wind is now gone with the winds of change ! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52990714

It's set in 1861.What do these woke retards expect ? An ensemble of non binary black blind lesbians in wheelchairs singing about the abolition of the police?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll point again to the fact that suppressing Gone With The Wind also suppresses the first Oscar-winning performance by a black actress.  :facepalm:

But of course this was far too long ago to fit the popular agenda that black actors don't receive due recognition, so it's largely ignored anyway.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely ridiculous decision by HBO.  What a deranged year 2020 is turning out to be..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Nan loved Gone With The Wind I suggested the theme song for the service but was outvoted for The Sound of Music theme tune.Funeral directors ended up playing Climb every mountain and changing halfway through when they realised they screwed up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2020 at 13:47, paddyfool said:

 

It's interesting to compare how actors who played older people seemed then compared to how they actually aged, e.g. Max von Sydow being aged up as the Old Priest in the Exorcist from 44 to 74, compared to his on screen appearances as e.g. Director Lamar Burgess in Minority Report aged 73 in 2002, or as the Three Eyed Raven in GoT when he was a bit older still.

Another example is Ian McKellen in "The Keep".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.wionews.com/entertainment/gone-with-the-wind-back-on-hbo-max-but-with-disclaimer-308669

Gone with the Wind not gone anymore on HBO Max shortly before her birthday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t she technically 104 already since she was born in Tokyo where it’s already July 1st?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

Isn’t she technically 104 already since she was born in Tokyo where it’s already July 1st?

If we're being that technical then we would have to count the time she was born. The chances are she wasn't born in the early hours of the morning.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes her the first 104 year old on the Death List since Luise Rainer, which is funny cause Carl Reiner coincidentally died just now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe she joins an elite group of deathlist names who have reached 104 along with Rose Kennedy Luise Rainer Oscar Niemeyer and Brooke Astor.Let me know if I've missed anyone out! Kirk Douglas and Vera Lynn sadly just missed out!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeathClock said:

Isn’t she technically 104 already since she was born in Tokyo where it’s already July 1st?

It just turned midnight in Paris, where she lives.

Officially 104 now! :birthday: :old:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

AND HERMAN WOUK

You mean the 104-year old one who died 10 days before his 104th birthday? :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I believe she joins an elite group of deathlist names who have reached 104 along with Rose Kennedy Luise Rainer Oscar Niemeyer and Brooke Astor.Let me know if I've missed anyone out! Kirk Douglas and Vera Lynn sadly just missed out!

 

 

Incidentally Brooke Astor is the only one who reached her 105th birthday.Will Olivia be the 2nd .If she makes it to mid november next year she would be the oldest deathlist name ever.Unless someone older is included on next years list of course !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Incidentally Brooke Astor is the only one who reached her 105th birthday.Will Olivia be the 2nd .If she makes it to mid november next year she would be the oldest deathlist name ever.Unless someone older is included on next years list of course !

Like Norman Lloyd who turn 106 in November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use