Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2018

He was hospitalised in December.Nearly died in January and was given 2 days to live around that time.Claims he has little memory of January to late February and states that a few people left his ward in tears.Was transfered to a St John's hospice in March and is bedridden yet hopes to get into a wheelchair and move into a flat.Seems like denial to me.

On 03/05/2018 at 15:46, Sean said:

MMMDP #22

Kathleen Blanco

Former Governed of Louisiana who was in office when Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.Now 75 and suffering from ocular melanoma that has spread to the liver.Was given 6 months to live in December.Some would call that perfect timing.

download (2).jpeg

She was never given 6 months to live.  The article in question contains puffery from the journalist, Tyler Bridges, suggesting she ‘may’ only have 6 months to live.  No quote from her or a physician.  

Furthermore, she laid out the path to your subsequent research: “By mid-January, doctors in Philadelphia should know whether they have stopped the growth of the tumors.  “The treatments will continue as long as they do me good,” Blanco said. “If not, they’ll stop them.””

well, is she still receiving treatments?  

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/article_e4c9f4da-e729-11e7-985d-ef19dbb11ed7.html

On 1 mai 2018 at 16:54, gcreptile said:

MMMDP Form Guide #1 - John Bain a.k.a. Total Biscuit:

Dbf8FwiX4AEFwzx.jpg

Photo says it all. Nr. 1 pick should he still be alive in a month. Bowel cancer since 2014, in remission for a while, came back in October 2015. Metastasized to the liver, treamtent now failed.

I hope his dog stay with him #iwantadog

MMMDP Form Guide #23

Nobby%20Stiles%20refereeing%20a%20charit

Nobby Stiles

Tough tackling defender in England's world beating XI. Most of the surviving "boys" have long since swapped three lions shirts for incontinence pants and Stiles is - reportedly - filling his with little sense of how the fetid sludge is related to the tepid morsels entering at the other end of his digestive tract. Clearly Peter Falk jokes offer themselves but the harder question to resolve is whether he could scoop a final winning performance by checking out in early June.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

She was never given 6 months to live.  The article in question contains puffery from the Journalist Tyler Bridges suggesting she ‘may’ only have 6 months to live.  No quote from her or a physician.  

Furthermore, she laid out the path to your subsequent research: “By mid-January, doctors in Philadelphia should know whether they have stopped the growth of the tumors.  “The treatments will continue as long as they do me good,” Blanco said. “If not, they’ll stop them.””

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/politics/article_e4c9f4da-e729-11e7-985d-ef19dbb11ed7.html

Yeah she isn't my first choice either for this pool.Doubt she will see 2019 but could well see autumn.

I might just opt for a cult pick.Someone who is on the radar but is forgotten about due to their staying power.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

She was never given 6 months to live.  The article in question contains puffery from the Journalist Tyler Bridges suggesting she ‘may’ only have 6 months to live.  No quote from her or a physician.  

She was already reported to be gravely ill when she was first diagnosed, so I’d be surprised if she sees fall...

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #24

image.png.4ba9610b93d56957a15efce1663ad9fc.png

Wilfred Benitez

In 2017 Errol Christie was TKO'ed before all other contenders. Could lightning strike twice with a road to victory  that comes from picking another seriously ill boxer?And not just any boxer,the Hall Of Famer Benitez has spent almost 2 decades requiring 24 hour nursing care.

7 hours ago, Sean said:

I might just opt for a cult pick.Someone who is on the radar but is forgotten about due to their staying power.

A fair point - but remember to get up early; nowt by way of sentiment for anyone trying to enter after the first 20 have posted!

MMMDP Form Guide #25

KenNordine.jpg

Ken Nordine

Originator of some of the most creatively strange sound recordings ever unleashed (word jazz anyone?) and a cult hero over many decades. His current low profile may well be down simply to the fact most people assume him dead. Not so, turned 98 last month and doubtless The Guardian and Daily Telegraph have erudite obits awaiting the day the assumptions of death turn to reality.

MMMDP Form Guide #26: DJ Casper

F80C7C3AE4ECB10CF4FB93E6025CCB29.jpg

Stage 4 this time, stage 4 this time, he's gonna smell... funky. One hit is all it takes to win the MMMDP, wonder if it'll be Casper turning into a friendly ghost.

15 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

She was already reported to be gravely ill when she was first diagnosed, so I’d be surprised if she sees fall...

Surprised to the tune of I'll wager 1 month of being blocked by an Admin from this site?  She sees Sept 21 I win, if not you win.  Admin blocks loser accordingly for a month.  Money = mouth.  Same bet applies to Sean and all takers frankly. 

MMMDP Form Guide #27: Kulsoom Nawaz (Sharif)

l_235939_062315_updates.jpg

The former First Lady of Pakistan seems to be channeling Barbara Bush these days, however she has yet to refuse medical treatment for her lymphoma (throat cancer) that was discovered Sept 2017.  On the contrary, in and out of London hospitals since; her most recent (late March 2018) may be her final trip through the front doors not requiring a gurney.  Doesn't help that her husband, ousted PM Nawaz Sharif, has to jet back and forth telling her he misses her in between Supreme Court hearings re: the Panama Papers corruption scandal that looks to put him behind bars for a period of time.  While he says 2018 won't be a good year for him, she says 'hold my beer'.

Worth noting that both MMMDP winners so far have been black males in their 50s. OptaDeath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MMMDP Form Guide #29

296B9D4B00000578-3114093-image-m-5_14336

Kenny Sansom

Alcohol and gambling addicted former footballer (he played for England you know!) who's more recent forays into public attention have also involved performances on grass. Improbably Sansom has generally shown less class and more befuddlement than even Gazza during the low points of his life; comatose on park benches and reeling on the ground are both elements in a performance that also includes (as of three years ago) admitting to a tabloid that he felt death preferable to his existence at that point.

Whether a crowd pleasing finale is imminent is - however - anyone's guess.

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #30

LEHRER.png

Tom Lehrer

Leading mathematician of his generation who may - just - be more widely remembered as writer/performer of some of the most insanely memorable comedy songs of the 50's and 60's. Either way, we'll find that out when he finally goes and as the picture above makes clear he turned 90 last month.

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #31

alex-ferguson-getty.jpg

You never know...

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #32: Bob Cook

XKeFa.OvCc.1-small-Why-the-kids-at-Sands

You gotta follow the form in these kinda games. 50% of winning MMMDP picks have been the reigning US Cintas Janitor of the Year at the time of their death. So following the numbers, the odds-on favourite has to be the head custodian at Sands Montessori School in Cincinnati, Ohio.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

MMMDP Form Guide #32: Bob Cook

XKeFa.OvCc.1-small-Why-the-kids-at-Sands

You gotta follow the form in these kinda games. 50% of winning MMMDP picks have been the reigning US Cintas Janitor of the Year at the time of their death. So following the numbers, the odds-on favourite has to be the head custodian at Sands Montessori School in Cincinnati, Ohio.

No shit, my game and I never realised that. Granted this is the third time we've done it, right?

MMMDP Form Guide #33  Raven Walton

image.png.099b0e7fcc94b97f2f9c08435d9eb459.png

The beloved Arkansassy Us Big Brother  Contestant despite being only 23 has battled more ailments then most people 4 times her age

In addition to having Gastroparesis

she has battled

Inverted Spin Syndrome

Chromosome 10 of her DNA has folded

Has a Pacemaker that must be replaced every year

Her pacemaker will explode if she goes within 10 feet of water

Her colon has been removed

Will be in severe pain if she eats steak,chicken or milk

Has gone to the ER because she does not produce enough Progesterone

She has had numerous surgeries and been clinically dead at least twice

Has Endometriosis

Has arthritis and had to have knee surgery because her bones are detereorating

Has had many fundraiser's where she indicated may only have 1 or 2 years to live

This was just a partial list

It's a miracle this brave young lady is still alive as she could die any minute,she might be the safest pick on June 1st because eventually Angel's get their wings

MMMDP Form Guide #34 - Pete Frates

60922486.jpg

33-year old Frates was captain of the Boston College baseball team, and his future was so bright he had to wear shades.  But all those plans were put on ice when he came down with ALS shortly thereafter.  He became an inspiration for the Ice Bucket Challenge a couple years back, and though he made ALS foundations a lot of money, he has continued to whither under the disease's clutches.  Pete's going to continue staring at you until you agree to pick him for MMMDP 2018.

My strategy: Unless I can find that one super-secret name in "his/her final days" or "gravely ill", I'll be picking random terminally ill name XYZ who should have died months ago.

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

My strategy: Unless I can find that one super-secret name in "his/her final days" or "gravely ill", I'll be picking random terminally ill name XYZ who should have died months ago.

Ah, that’ll be Valerie Harper then. :D 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Ah, that’ll be Valerie Harper then. :D 

No, but I have a name...unless that gets taken away. One can possibly even guess it.

But I won't tell ...unless the next guess, and only the next guess, has it right. (Massive expectations, but it's a let-down.)