TQR

The 6th Death of 2018

The 6th Death of 2018  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

John McCain dead at 81.

but still well enough to tweet ! 

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

but still well enough to tweet ! 

:whoosh:

• Like 1

so many good choices.

went for broke with Wouk

• Like 1

Keep...an...eye...out....for...the...96-year-old...TV...comedian...in...this...next....poll

• Haha 2

Stanley Baxter

I think it's a sad indictment of the people who choose these selections that here we are almost halfway through a year and a panel of so called experts has only been able to pick out 5 people who have died. I would say just for my own personal observations I have been a lot more successful. As regards who on the list will be the next one to die I went down the list and if I am being brutally honest I would say that I wasn't expecting anyone on that list to die imminently. It seems to be either let's pick people just because they are very old even though they are in good health or alternatively let's pick people who live reckless lifestyles that doesn't seem to be any real logic behind it or sound research in terms of finding out about people who are seriously ill.

John McCain has been quoted in the last couple of days of saying certain things and it's because another senator has got a health problem like him and John McCain is supporting him so I don't think John McCain is at deaths door.

37 minutes ago, Snakeman said:

I think it's a sad indictment of the people who choose these selections that here we are almost halfway through a year and a panel of so called experts has only been able to pick out 5 people who have died. I would say just for my own personal observations I have been a lot more successful. As regards who on the list will be the next one to die I went down the list and if I am being brutally honest I would say that I wasn't expecting anyone on that list to die imminently. It seems to be either let's pick people just because they are very old even though they are in good health or alternatively let's pick people who live reckless lifestyles that doesn't seem to be any real logic behind it or sound research in terms of finding out about people who are seriously ill.

John McCain has been quoted in the last couple of days of saying certain things and it's because another senator has got a health problem like him and John McCain is supporting him so I don't think John McCain is at deaths door.

Wrong thread. :)

1 hour ago, Snakeman said:

Er, they were only at four hits at this point in 2017, and they broke the record that year. Also, McCain’s report of being in his final days was not because another senator was reported to be ill...

2 hours ago, Snakeman said:

I think it's a sad indictment of the people who choose these selections that here we are almost halfway through a year and a panel of so called experts has only been able to pick out 5 people who have died. I would say just for my own personal observations I have been a lot more successful. As regards who on the list will be the next one to die I went down the list and if I am being brutally honest I would say that I wasn't expecting anyone on that list to die imminently. Drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel drivel 

Fascinating. 

• Like 1

Kirk Douglas

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Er, they were only at four hits at this point in 2017, and they broke the record that year. Also, McCain’s report of being in his final days was not because another senator was reported to be ill...

In fact we are 2 weeks ahead of where we were last year as the 5th death didn't come til Sping Bank Holiday (29th May) when John Noakes died.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Snakeman said:

Or maybe it's just hard to predict when a person will die. The healthiest person I know dropped dead a couple months ago. His heart stopped beating; no known cause. It wasn't a heart attack or clogged artery or arrythmia, the guy just keeled over and that was it. He was so into preventive care that I found it annoying. I know at least a dozen people with severe medical issues that could be life threatening, but they're all still here. That's life.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Snakeman said:

It’s a sad indictment of humanity that you exist 

• Haha 1

I went for Prince Phillip, as I think he will suffer a heart attack trying to crack one off at the royal wedding

Going for Leah for the simple reason she’s gone so quiet - her character Zoe also got a little mention in an Emmerdale episode last week which is unusual for that soap as characters who leave tend to never be mentioned again...

• Like 1

After seeing this poll, when most of the votes goes to McCain,  and the previous in which case Bush Sr. was having most of the preferences as the next dead (and in the end it was wrong), is interesting to see how people can be influenced by the media (tv,Internet ... ) so you can imagine what the media can do and how to influence public opinion with more important issues like the war in Siria, a candidate for president, Brexit, ecc

either John McCain or Lesilie Phillps I can't deiced between the two.

6 minutes ago, portsmouthreaper said:

either John McCain or Lesilie Phillps I can't deiced between the two.

Gotta pick one only, hedged bets will be pruned....

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Gotta pick one only, hedged bets will be pruned....

if i'm  being pushed it will be Leslie Phillips 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 11:10, Snakeman said:

They are not a panel of experts. 

• Like 1

Well hello goodbye Leslie Phillips.

On 13/05/2018 at 03:39, The Quim Reaper said:

Well, as it turns out, I'm voting for Leah Bracknell.

Same here

I think McCain will hang out for a couple of more months, enough to perhaps see his 82nd and last birthday at least. Therefore I'll go with Leah. Provided he isn't the 6th death, however, I will most likely pick him to go next.