BrunoBrimley

Harry Reid

Not a real biggie but what the hey. I realize that for the British clientele of this most esteemable forum this person may seem to be small potatoes but Harry Reid the Democratic Minority Leader has had a mild stroke. Word is that he will survive and his fellow Democrats are using this health scare to launch their 2016 election platform (they like to plan ahead that way they have only the best candidates :D:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ) of course looking at photos of Senator Reid I would have thought him dead a long while back.

Anywhoople the only link I could locate was through Voice of america, if it fails use the google engine okay?

Harry Reid ready to say goodbye

Democrats, god what an awful species. Hillary Rodham Clinton and her repulsive spouse ughhhhh. I feel queasy.

Yeah, I don't like those right-wingers either.

This guy aint gonna die, unfortunately.

Well, he will eventually, but this 'mild stroke' isn't likely to do him in.

regards,

Hein

Give me the Christian Fundamentalists any day, now those guys are funny

Posted this before, but it bears repetition.

Posted this before, but it bears repetition.

Ah, I'm hell-bound.

The other news: the gas company sent me a bill last week.

regards,

Hein

I was sent a Bill once; unfortunately he was only delivering the new Maytag.

Underwent surgery for Pancreatic Cancer, and has had health issues for several years (remember when he fell on the treadmill?), don't expect him to see 80. 

• Like 2

Yeah pancreatic cancer.Cant see him seeing 2020.

His fight to not have Yucca Mountain used is costing the US Taxpayers and utility rate payers $1-billion per MONTH.  Not to mention heightened security issues and environmental issues from that delay. 

Reid's a tough cookie. He survived the 2010 Tea Party wave as a horribly unpopular party leader. Much respect for him. He's a trailblazer among Democrats and has 10x the balls of Schumer. Him and Pelosi suffered constant attacks and were barraged for decades by the regressives and persisted in doing what they thought would benefit the country. It will be a sad day when he goes.

Hmm, they got it early, or so they say. But even then, the non-neuroendocrine version at stage I has a 5-year survival rate of only 14%.

However, I think he'll have a slightly better chance than that - because he is tough and gets some of the best care. A bit like Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

I kind of liked him - when he was still active and I was obsessed with US politics. Could be feisty when he wanted to, didn't want it enough, though.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Hmm, they got it early, or so they say. But even then, the non-neuroendocrine version at stage I has a 5-year survival rate of only 14%.

However, I think he'll have a slightly better chance than that - because he is tough and gets some of the best care. A bit like Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

I kind of liked him - when he was still active and I was obsessed with US politics. Could be feisty when he wanted to, didn't want it enough, though.

Yeah but he is nearly 80 and needs chemo.Pancreatic cancer has a habit of recurring with a hell of a vengeance.

10 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Underwent surgery for Pancreatic Cancer, and has had health issues for several years (remember when he fell on the treadmill?), don't expect him to see 80. 

Holy hell he isn’t 80?  I pegged him for mid 80s.  He looks like hell.  He was a popular name to kick about after the treadmill thing.

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Holy hell he isn’t 80?  I pegged him for mid 80s.  He looks like hell.  He was a popular name to kick about after the treadmill thing.

He turns 80 in December of 2019.

Unless I'm wrong, there is already a thread for Harry Reid here:

Perhaps this calls for a merge, if I'm correct in this?

• Thanks 1

As reported elsewhere, only has months to live apparently...

Bit rude not to mention that a week ago, really.

• Like 3

He's 79 w panc C.... of course he has months to live.  But it's more than 6 or I will send you 5 lbs of coffee.

Actually I picked him because articles on his 79th birthday sounded a bit like obituaries.

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Must have brain cancer now.

In the interview clip I saw in the link, I don't know, he doesn't look like a dude about to die.  Doesn't look as sickly as I would have expected.  Maybe he will see 2020 after all.  

Update on his health

From what I gather, the cancer didn't seem to be too big of a deal, but the chemo really took a toll on him. Definitely knocked a few years off.