BrunoBrimley

Harry Reid

Biggest miss 2021 by DL Committee hands down.  Even if it took 361 days to prove it.

1 minute ago, Sir Cunto said:

Biggest miss 2021 by DL Committee hands down.  Even if it took 361 days to prove it.

Reid is not a major miss from the committee at all. Only 2 names I would actually consider major misses is Larry King (all the warning signs were there for him) and Desmond Tutu (bit of a bedblocker that got dropped yet Shane MacGowan and Dick Cheney got carried over)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

Harry Reid and John Madden announced not an hour apart WOW

Clearly  a  stronger dose of the enema at work at this time of year

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Clearly  a  stronger dose of the enema at work at this time of year

I've got some Scottish Second Sight coming here...

Gooseberry Crumble will say: "This reminds me of the big deaths at the end of 2015 after a quiet few months. 2016 was next. So 2022 is going to be such an enema the whole world will be covered in shite..."

:P

• Haha 1

“Big miss” my twitching anus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

I've got some Scottish Second Sight coming here...

Gooseberry Crumble will say: "This reminds me of the big deaths at the end of 2015 after a quiet few months. 2016 was next. So 2022 is going to be such an enema the whole world will be covered in shite..."

:P

Take your applause you truly are made in the mould of Mystic Meg!!

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Take your applause you truly are made in the mould of Mystic Meg!!

80 next year - someone should take a punt, imo.

Anyhow, I have a feeling 2022 might be a bit like 2017.

"Look at all these A listers aged 88 or above!"

(few months later)

"Where the fuck did they all go?"

Add to that a high scoring and varied DDP, and maybe an experimental/promising DL 50 because the Cmme got fucked off with the teams performance the year before...

Less Bowie/George Michael, more lots of "aww, I  really liked that character actor/kids author/80s rocker" losses. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Reid is not a major miss from the committee at all. Only 2 names I would actually consider major misses is Larry King (all the warning signs were there for him) and Desmond Tutu (bit of a bedblocker that got dropped yet Shane MacGowan and Dick Cheney got carried over)

Would also add Carlos Menem and David  Gulpilil were fairly big misses.

• Like 2

Just now, Sean said:

Would also add Carlos Menem and David  Gulpilil were fairly big misses.

They were certainly ill but I feel like the committee might’ve not been big enough. 

8 minutes ago, msc said:

80 next year - someone should take a punt, imo.

Anyhow, I have a feeling 2022 might be a bit like 2017.

"Look at all these A listers aged 88 or above!"

(few months later)

"Where the fuck did they all go?"

Add to that a high scoring and varied DDP, and maybe an experimental/promising DL 50 because the Cmme got fucked off with the teams performance the year before...

Less Bowie/George Michael, more lots of "aww, I  really liked that character actor/kids author/80s rocker" losses. 

2022 is going to be an interesting and vintage  year on  here I feel sure.

For starters  - Speculation about whether the Queen will live to celebrate  her platinum  jubilee  celebrations in the summer and then make it through the special jubilee year, although  I know she technically  reaches her jubilee in February,  will reach fever pitch in  my opinion. Every minor detail and change both nervously and excitedly   analysed in incredible detail to an extent rarely if ever seen on these forums before.

41 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

I have no clue who John Madden or Harry Reid are. I doubt anyone else in the UK does either. So not a big miss as far as I'm concerned, but it's all relative, I suppose.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

I have no clue who John Madden or Harry Reid are. I doubt anyone else in the UK does either. So not a big miss as far as I'm concerned, but it's all relative, I suppose.

Harry Reid is known to most ppl in the UK who have even a mild level of interest in US politics.

He's also known very well among UFO enthusiasts. Reid featured on J J Abram's new "UFO" documentary series on Netflix just a few months ago. He had fought for sometime for the U.S. Gov to release classified information on the subject. John McCain was another person pushing for this. Without them, the cause has lost two of its most prominent champions.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Harry Reid is known to most ppl in the UK who have even a mild level of interest in US politics.

He's also known very well among UFO enthusiasts. Reid featured on J J Abram's new "UFO" documentary series on Netflix just a few months ago. He had fought for sometime for the U.S. Gov to release classified information on the subject. John McCain was another person pushing for this. Without them, the cause has lost two of its most prominent champions.

Not to mention: he had pancreatic cancer... which kind of makes anyone with any level of fame a huge name in the death pooling world

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I disagree, I have a mild level of interest in US politics, and his name will not be known to the majority of people in the UK.

As for being well known amongst UFO enthusiasts, I'll have to take your word for that. 

1 minute ago, GEMINEYE said:

I disagree, I have a mild level of interest in US politics, and his name will not be known to the majority of people in the UK.

As for being well known amongst UFO enthusiasts, I'll have to take your word for that. 

That is not what I said.

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

That is not what I said.

I know, you said his name will be known to anyone in the UK with a mild interest in US politics. As one of those people, I can say with confidence, that is not the case. I'm not here for an argument. We are allowed to disagree.

5 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

I know, you said his name will be known to anyone in the UK with a mild interest in US politics. As one of those people, I can say with confidence, that is not the case. I'm not here for an argument. We are allowed to disagree.

If your general interest only began in the last few years that is excusable. Anyone paying attention during the Bush and Obama presidencies would be aware of him. Also he gets talked about on these forums with regularity. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

If your general interest only began in the last few years that is excusable. Anyone paying attention during the Bush and Obama presidencies would be aware of him. Also he gets talked about on these forums with regularity. 

Talked about by who? Americans!

Carter was president when i was born, so i have lived through a few presidencies.

British people tend to only know presidents, vice presidents and presidential candidates - which is why i know names like Mondale, Gore, Kerry, McCain, Romney. We may also know some secretaries of state (although I'm buggered if i could name the current one).

Trust me, Harry Reid is not a name known to UK people with just a mild interest in politics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

Talked about by who? Americans!

Carter was president when i was born, so i have lived through a few presidencies.

British people tend to only know presidents, vice presidents and presidential candidates - which is why i know names like Mondale, Gore, Kerry, McCain, Romney. We may also know some secretaries of state (although I'm buggered if i could name the current one).

Trust me, Harry Reid is not a name known to UK people with just a mild interest in politics.

I suppose the issue here is you claiming you have a “mild” interest in American politics. I have no interest in British politics but if I claimed a “mild” interest I’d think I would know who the leader of the opposition is. Stop obfuscating and claiming Senator Reid is obscure when you are just trying to cover for ignorance of a topic about which you claim to be interested. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

I suppose the issue here is you claiming you have a “mild” interest in American politics. I have no interest in British politics but if I claimed a “mild” interest I’d think I would know who the leader of the opposition is. Stop obfuscating and claiming Senator Reid is obscure when you are just trying to cover for ignorance of a topic about which you claim to be interested. 

No, the issue here is people claiming this is a big miss. I'm trying to explain that to me, it's not, because he is not well known in the UK. I suppose it'd be like Neil Kinnock dying while not on the list. Would Americans see that as a big miss? No. But to me, it would be. Like I said a few posts back, its all relative.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

No, the issue here is people claiming this is a big miss. I'm trying to explain that to me, it's not, because he is not well known in the UK. I suppose it'd be like Neil Kinnock dying while not on the list. Would Americans see that as a big miss? No. But to me, it would be. Like I said a few posts back, its all relative.

Well, it’s actually not relative. The man was well known to be ill and he received a qualifying obituary. Your opinion and general lack of knowledge are irrelevant. He is well known in the U.K. among people with an interest in U.S. politics and among serious deadpoolers. You are obviously neither. Furthermore, the person you initially got into this foolish squabble with was @Ulitzer95 so you’re obviously wrong, as he’s right about (nearly) everything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Well, it’s actually not relative. The man was well known to be ill and he received a qualifying obituary. Your opinion and general lack of knowledge are irrelevant. He is well known in the U.K. among people with an interest in U.S. politics and among serious deadpoolers. You are obviously neither. Furthermore, the person you initially got into this foolish squabble with was @Ulitzer95 so you’re obviously wrong, as he’s right about (nearly) everything. 

That’s not true. I do talk a lot of shit, but I’ll take the compliment! ;)

• Like 2

I don't believe it, he was on my list, which I almost sent last night, and now have to change:evil:

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Yes, King was easily the biggest miss this year.  

• Like 1

Is this going to be the years last 'big miss' v 'never heard of em' row?

Place your bets with now with Honest Dave. (so honest in fact that my name isn't Dave). 

Mind you, we can blame Cunto and his normal americentric bullshit for stirring this one up.  

• Like 2